Rory MacDonald Signs With Bellator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016

"Rory MacDonald has found a new home in Bellator.

Industry sources close to the deal confirmed with FloCombat on Wednesday the Canadian welterweight star has signed with the Los Angeles-based promotion. This news comes on the heels of MacDonald being removed from the official UFC rankings and will serve to provide a big shake up in the MMA community..."

BREAKING: Rory MacDonald Signs with Bellator

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got in a few long arguments about this on here, but I can't remember who they were with. Well.... I was dead wrong. Didn't think it would happen. This is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Holy shit. I never miss a Rory fight so looks like I'll be watching more Bellator, nice work Scott.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Probably me lol and no worries- I was hopeful but unsure.

This is HUGE for Bellator :D
Haha I am sure you were involved. Consider my crow officially eaten.

This is a big development. I didn't think he fit their bill. This makes me feel like a lot more guys than I originally thought are fair play.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
Hope he got closer to Bendo money than Phil Davis money

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good move. The competition is about to get serious. I think UFC's change of ownership has Viacom feeling extra confident. They could scoop up a lot more talent if they care to devote the money.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
This is fantastic news.

We constantly have people bashing bellator for releasing people like held and what not, but a trade off like this is a no brainer

Also, doesn't bellator have one more unannounced international event this year? Money says its Canada?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
UFC fighters are like UGers...scared of exploring their options & embracing change. Many seem scared to actually fight out their contracts and explore free agency. This will help encourage more to do it now.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
UFC fighters are like UGers...scared of exploring their options & embracing change. Many seem scared to actually fight out their contracts and explore free agency. This will help encourage more to do it now.
And this should reinforce the fact that Viacom is half way serious about mma. It's easy to laugh at bellator when they release people like held or brooks, but to obtain someone like Mac? Ya that is definitely a no brainer for a business standpoint.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Selfish of me, but the first thing I thought was "damn.. we aren't gonna get to see him fight Welterweight Uber Cerrone." I really wanted that matchup down the road.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
Good move. The competition is about to get serious. I think UFC's change of ownership has Viacom feeling extra confident. They could scoop up a lot more talent if they care to devote the money.
They just signed Rory, good get - can you list ANY other indicators of success Bellator is having?

They pay peanuts to unknown guys fighting on multiple hour delays to tiny audiences, I see zero indicates of success other than poaching a top 5 guy twice a year or so

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
They just signed Rory, good get - can you list ANY other indicators of success Bellator is having?
Signing of Bendo. Nobody is happy with the uniform deal. Guarantee more and more fighters will start looking to jump ship for the greener pastures.