Shane Carwin to Rizin...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Yes. They'd better sign Bigfoot as well. I hope Rizin and Bellator do some sort of merger, where they have rankings featuring fighters from both organizations. I mean imagine a tournament with Fedor, Carwin, Bigfoot, Kharitonov, Mitrione, Cro Cop and Lashley.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Yes. They'd better sign Bigfoot as well. I hope Rizin and Bellator do some sort of merger, where they have rankings featuring fighters from both organizations. I mean imagine a tournament with Fedor, Carwin, Bigfoot, Kharitonov, Mitrione, Cro Cop and Lashley.
Sounds like a car wreck to me. It's nothing that I have a desire to see but you're damn right I'm going to look just to see if there's a bloody limb lying around afterwards.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You people calling for a Bigfoot fight are fucked in the head. It's legitimately life-threatening for him to fight a roided-up Carwin at this point.

Hopefully Bellator can come to the party and a guy like Mitrione can get in there. Unfortunately some random Japanese guy will probably be sacrificed.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Sounds like a car wreck to me. It's nothing that I have a desire to see but you're damn right I'm going to look just to see if there's a bloody limb lying around afterwards.
Almost all these guys (ok let's change Bigfoot with TRT Bigfoot) would have great chances to beat the ufc's top5 hw. With the exception of a healthy trained Cain maybe and Stipe, whom I've come to value more and more as time goes by. I know I have said some diminishing things about Stipe's abilities and I have to say I was way wrong.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
It's legitimately life-threatening for him to fight a roided-up Carwin at this point.
I agree, although I hope Carwin doesn't go for the juice. I think (or I hope since I'm a Carwin fan) that Carwin v Big Foot is a serious mismatch at this point. For health reasons, if Big Foot is going to fight, and I hope he doesn't, he should only be given opponents he is 100% certain to beat (which would also be a mismatch and not great). Definitely not Carwin.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
I agree, although I hope Carwin doesn't go for the juice. I think (or I hope since I'm a Carwin fan) that Carwin v Big Foot is a serious mismatch at this point. For health reasons, if Big Foot is going to fight, and I hope he doesn't, he should only be given opponents he is 100% certain to beat (which would also be a mismatch and not great). Definitely not Carwin.
It's funny that you consider the fact Carwin will be roided... and act like Bigfoot will be fighting on orange juice and egg whites only.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
It's funny that you consider the fact Carwin will be roided... and act like Bigfoot will be fighting on orange juice and egg whites only.
I'm just not sure that even steroids would help Big Foot at this point. They don't really help your brain, do they? I mean, that guy shouldn't be taking hits from Carwin period.

But maybe you are right. How do you envision his recent losses would have gone if he had been on steroids?

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
I'm just not sure that even steroids would help Big Foot at this point. They don't really help your brain, do they? I mean, that guy shouldn't be taking hits from Carwin period.

But maybe you are right. How do you envision his recent losses would have gone if he had been on steroids?
Testosterone plays a major role in fighting and generally any other form of athleticism. Bigfoot's fights would have been entirely different in the ufc had he been on TRT, he would have wrecked at least half of his opponents that he lost to. You can see the effect the TRT ban had on people like Henderson, Belfort and Bigfoot.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
Outside of Stipe and Cain that's as legitimate if not more than the next 10 UFC HWs

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Outside of Stipe and Cain that's as legitimate if not more than the next 10 UFC HWs
I'm not saying that they don't still have some talent but I feel like you're looking at them through some rose tinted glasses.

Fedor... Amazing fighter in his prime. But after seeing the Maldonado fight I really don't want to see him fight any heavyweight that's near the top of the food chain.
Carwin... Huge guy. Incredible power. Tough as hell. He's also 41 and hasn't fought in over 5 years.
Bigfoot... He's been KOd 8 times in his last 12 fights. 1 of the times that he wasn't finished was the war with Hunt. He doesn't need any more damage.
Kharitonov ... I'm in. He may not be a "complete" MMA fighter but he's damn fun to watch.
Mitrione... I'll watch. I really like Meathead. He's a tough out for most guys. He's a little chinny but keeps coming after you.
Cro Cop... He's 42. Had a lot of wars. He's looked OK in his last few fights but nothing that makes me want to see him still fighting. Kind of like Fedor. If he's going to keep fighting then I'd prefer for it to be against either other aging guys or against guys that they can handle.
Lashley... No.

The biggest thing that helps a lot of these guys in your comparison is that most of the top tier heavies are older and on any night one big shot can end the fight. But I still think that Werdum, JDS, Barnett, Reem, Rothwell, Struve, Arlovski, Browne, even Derrick Lewis are a more formidable and slightly younger on average group that would make it tough on the bunch that was listed. Especially since many of those guys on your list haven't had a ton of success recently against the guys in the UFC.

I'd watch. But let's keep some perspective on things.

Last edited:

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I'm not saying that they don't still have some talent but I feel like you're looking at them through some rose tinted glasses.

Fedor... Amazing fighter in his prime. But after seeing the Maldonado fight I really don't want to see him fight any heavyweight that's near the top of the food chain.
Carwin... Huge guy. Incredible power. Tough as hell. He's also 41 and hasn't fought in over 5 years.
Bigfoot... He's been KOd 8 times in his last 12 fights. 1 of the times that he wasn't finished was the war with Hunt. He doesn't need any more damage.
Kharitonov ... I'm in. He may not be a "complete" MMA fighter but he's damn fun to watch.
Mitrione... I'll watch. I really like Meathead. He's a tough out for most guys. He's a little chinny but keeps coming after you.
Cro Cop... He's 42. Had a lot of wars. He's look OK in his last few fights but nothing that makes me want to see him still fighting. Kind of like Fedor. If he's going to keep fighting then I'd prefer for it to be against either other aging guys or against guys that they can handle.
Lashley... No.

The biggest thing that helps a lot of these guys in your comparison is that most of the top tier heavies are older and on any night one big shot can end the fight. But I still think that Werdum, JDS, Barnett, Reem, Rothwell, Struve, Arlovski, Browne, even Derrick Lewis are a more formidable and slightly younger on average group that would make it tough on the bunch that was listed. Especially since many of those guys on your list haven't had a ton of success recently against the guys in the UFC.

I'd watch. But let's keep some perspective on things.
Maybe I overstated it by 2. Especially when you consider Minokov could also be thrown into this mix as his future is still up in the air. But it's not like youth is on the side of Reem, Rothwell, Barnett, Hunt or Arlovski. The truth is the HW division in MMA is and always has been thin. 1-3 guys who are actually good and then a few has beens and heavy hitter or two here and there and a couple freak shows. But let's not pretend the UFC's HW division is stellar beyond the big three right now. Lewis is the up and comer at the moment but it's Stipe, Cain, Werdum abd maybe JDS and then it drops considerably.