The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Attachments

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’ve been seeing them all over out here, finally remembered to take a pic.

also found a ~6 foot coachwhip in an excavated trench the other day. He was fast as shit.
View attachment 8814
That's a cool snake. I like to go out and catch black snakes so I'd probably personally pass on catching that one. Where are you located?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’m based out of Austin, but I do a ton of work in G-town, I’m very familiar with that area.
It's a nice area. There are a few guys I was in the Marines with that live in the same neighborhood and surrounding area,

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It's a nice area. There are a few guys I was in the Marines with that live in the same neighborhood and surrounding area,
yes there are some nice areas for sure. Good neighborhoods, and some really good ranchland and preserve/natural areas too.

i have killed a great number of rattlers in Georgetown hah, fuckers are everywhere!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
were you ever out of Fort Hood? I’m not sure if that’s Marines or not. But I know a lot of soldiers from there end up moving to Williamson County/Georgetown area.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
yes there are some nice areas for sure. Good neighborhoods, and some really good ranchland and preserve/natural areas too.

i have killed a great number of rattlers in Georgetown hah, fuckers are everywhere!
Yea, they are really hoping it stays a lot of ranch land, but if the Metroplex is any indication that's not going to happen.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yea, they are really hoping it stays a lot of ranch land, but if the Metroplex is any indication that's not going to happen.
yeah, Georgetown has gotten a lot bigger. It’s being built out. There will still be some ranchland, but it’s going to fill in more for sure. Williamson County is one of the fastest growing areas in the country.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
yeah, Georgetown has gotten a lot bigger. It’s being built out. There will still be some ranchland, but it’s going to fill in more for sure. Williamson County is one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
Yea, I'm right next to Frisco, so I get it.

M

member 3289

Gopher tortoise burrow

20200702_114359.jpg

Next time I'll take the long trail and hopefully spot a tortoise or two. I didn't think I'd be stopping at this scrub land so I just wore sneakers and not my hiking boots. Next time the fire ants won't be so god damn lucky