The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What a horrible Texas morning. This was probably the last time we take this boat out in its current form. This weekend I'm going to start breaking it down, remove the motor, and then I'm going to build out aluminum framed decks, benches along the side with dry storage. I'll also be taking out the current live well and building a new one with a water chiller and some other things, like flotation pods to pick the ass end up and prep for a larger motor.
MVIMG_20200703_080631.jpg
MVIMG_20200703_084343.jpgMVIMG_20200703_083928.jpg
MVIMG_20200703_075212.jpg
MVIMG_20200703_084248.jpg

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Apparently this dove would like to join the ribs on the smoker tomorrow. I threw some feed corn out, fatten her up a little.
MVIMG_20200703_102355.jpg
MVIMG_20200703_102801.jpg

M

member 3289

Doubtful.

I have cat like reflexes
Btw did you know that there are coyotes in Fern Forest? Two years ago they were running across Lyons and Atlantic at night and going into the neighborhood across from Coconut Creek High School. Eight cats went missing.

T

The Big Guy

Btw did you know that there are coyotes in Fern Forest? Two years ago they were running across Lyons and Atlantic at night and going into the neighborhood across from Coconut Creek High School. Eight cats went missing.

Yea I saw them alot in the abandoned golf course around dusk when I was fishing. They are around the pompano airport too

The ones we have look like starving german shepards

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I pulled up to the new place after work, walked around the corner of the house and a fucking groundhog squeeled at me. WTF? Scared the shit out of me. Fucker was standing on it's hind legs and had to be 2' tall. I thought for a second we were gonna square off but he scurried off into the woods like a bitch.

So I go into the garage and grab a beer, sit on my tailgate for a couple minutes and a family of turkeys just walks onto my driveway like they own the fucking place.

I swear it's a fucking zoo up here.

20200709_185314.jpg

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
w
What a horrible Texas morning. This was probably the last time we take this boat out in its current form. This weekend I'm going to start breaking it down, remove the motor, and then I'm going to build out aluminum framed decks, benches along the side with dry storage. I'll also be taking out the current live well and building a new one with a water chiller and some other things, like flotation pods to pick the ass end up and prep for a larger motor.
View attachment 8956
View attachment 8958View attachment 8959
View attachment 8960
View attachment 8961
watch Das Boat for some fun and some good ideas...sweet lil show
I like your boat tho

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I pulled up to the new place after work, walked around the corner of the house and a fucking groundhog squeeled at me. WTF? Scared the shit out of me. Fucker was standing on it's hind legs and had to be 2' tall. I thought for a second we were gonna square off but he scurried off into the woods like a bitch.

So I go into the garage and grab a beer, sit on my tailgate for a couple minutes and a family of turkeys just walks onto my driveway like they own the fucking place.

I swear it's a fucking zoo up here.

View attachment 9555
there is a posse of 8 ish turkeys that roams my street(we are right near open fields and the forest)

They were stealing blueberries a few days back and I hosed those assholes down.
They sleep in the big trees nearby and they shock gobble at almost any sounds at night...shit is funny.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I did, I'm buying a new boat instead. Yaaaaaaa
Cool boat show though.
Nice
what kind of boat do you fancy?

I have been looking for a cool old boat like the one on the show to mess around in.
No idea what to look for.

I just have kayaks and a super low profile wooden duck boat I helped build when I was 10...built with wires plywood and epoxy

I need something bigger

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
there is a posse of 8 ish turkeys that roams my street(we are right near open fields and the forest)

They were stealing blueberries a few days back and I hosed those assholes down.
They sleep in the big trees nearby and they shock gobble at almost any sounds at night...shit is funny.
When I tell people that turkeys sleep in trees they never believe me.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nice
what kind of boat do you fancy?

I have been looking for a cool old boat like the one on the show to mess around in.
No idea what to look for.

I just have kayaks and a super low profile wooden duck boat I helped build when I was 10...built with wires plywood n95and epoxy

I need something bigger
We are buying a 2020 Havoc River Rat 1756 with a 115/80 jet outboard out back.

Those sneak boats are cool, I have pondered making one for a bit now but boats work better on our lake.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
When I tell people that turkeys sleep in trees they never believe me.
I didn't believe it till I saw it.
I am still amazed when I see them fly.
These ones sleep in a different tree almost every night and some of their spots are like 30-40 feet up.

M

member 3289

I bought a trail camera and will be setting it up tomorrow.

It is too hot to go out into the swamp until at least October but I will not let this thread devolve into a fucking flower fest.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

It is too hot to go out into the swamp until at least October but I will not let this thread devolve into a fucking flower fest.
Don't worry, once we take delivery of our new redneck yacht we'll get all sorts of pictures of remote, hard to get to places

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I have trail cameras set up at my parents

Pics of bobcats, cougars, and bear so far...plus deer and rabbits.

Of course none of this ever happened...but I still saw the pictures, might have them send em to me to post.

You put in the swamp and just hope nobody jacks it?
Hope you document some cool shit.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have trail cameras set up at my parents

Pics of bobcats, cougars, and bear so far...plus deer and rabbits.

Of course none of this ever happened...but I still saw the pictures, might have them send em to me to post.

You put in the swamp and just hope nobody jacks it?
Hope you document some cool shit.
I know in our area people tend to leave trail cameras alone on public land.

Last edited: