The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Python Cowboy (trapper Mike Kimmel, one of the state's 50 licensed python hunters) found a female python and a live nest with 22 eggs today. That's a payout of about $350, plus about $80 in hourly pay (minimum wage, 10 hours a day). Not rich by any means but that's not bad

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgHWzEJLY6/?igshid=1jj1oibmi9xh9

Pretty sure he's the first hunter to find a live nest (he's found nests before but all the eggs had hatched and the mother snake was gone).

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Python Cowboy (trapper Mike Kimmel, one of the state's 50 licensed python hunters) found a female python and a live nest with 22 eggs today. That's a payout of about $350, plus about $80 in hourly pay (minimum wage, 10 hours a day). Not rich by any means but that's not bad

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgHWzEJLY6/?igshid=1jj1oibmi9xh9

Pretty sure he's the first hunter to find a live nest (he's found nests before but all the eggs had hatched and the mother snake was gone).
Damn that's fucking badass!

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

Some kind of Iris.

Some kind of golden doodlehopper thing.

Puff ball fungi.

Barely visible cow Elk on the ride. Bitch was thicc, probably pregnant.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Doesn't look as dangerous as my snake encounter, but sweet mini dragon.
Most of them were pretty docile after you held them for a bit. My 10 year old niece had me put one on her shoulder and she walked around with it for 10 minutes or so and it was just hanging out on her shoulder.

One bit me on my finger. His jaw locked hard enough to support his own weight but it didn't draw blood. And even that dude chilled out afterwards.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Went fishing yesterday, this place is so nice. Witnesses a bird snatch a fish out of the lake, highlight of my day.

Edit: My picture won't upload. Will try again later.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Went fishing yesterday, this place is so nice. Witnesses a bird snatch a fish out of the lake, highlight of my day.

Edit: My picture won't upload. Will try again later.
We get the migration of hawks and stuff on our lake, I love watching them catch fish.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We get the migration of hawks and stuff on our lake, I love watching them catch fish.
This time was the closest encounter yet. Bird flew right over my brother and I in a victory lap about 30' overhead.

How did you load your gardener snake pic?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This time was the closest encounter yet. Bird flew right over my brother and I in a victory lap about 30' overhead.

How did you load your gardener snake pic?
Splinty @Splinty may get upset if I tell you....
I just click the upload image button.
You could also use imgur, and just load the link to the image

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Most of them were pretty docile after you held them for a bit. My 10 year old niece had me put one on her shoulder and she walked around with it for 10 minutes or so and it was just hanging out on her shoulder.

One bit me on my finger. His jaw locked hard enough to support his own weight but it didn't draw blood. And even that dude chilled out afterwards.
They only bite pussies

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Witnesses a bird snatch a fish out of the lake, highlight of my day.
I've only seen this happen twice in my life as I'm not around big lakes too often - it's very cool to see in person. Very memorable.

Much more majestic than the big-mouthed ducks down in Florida dive bombing schools of fish like Japanese Kamikaze in WW2.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Pulled off 3 more ticks yesterday. That makes 7 on the year already. Gonna have to up my DEET and Permethrin game.

I usually don't get many - maybe 1 or 2 a year. Gonna be a bad one for ticks. That's the downside to a nice, mild winter.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Nasty ass pond, but it made for a cool photo with the flowering bush.

I might throw a rock in there and do a slow-mo video capture.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is one of the rose bushes I planted for my wife for her first mothers day. I think it's pretty great and it's outdoors, so I hope it counts.