UFC 200 ... needle immobile.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Am I the only one? Maybe it turns out as a night of great fights, but other than the Jones - DC fight, I feel like most of the other fights mean either little or nothing at all.

I'm not saying it's a bad card, I'm just saying for me it doesn't feel as something special that will remain as a hallmark in mma history. It's nothing like I felt for Fedor Cro-cop (or any other Fedor fight because I'm admittedly a fanboy), Wanderlei - Rampage, Silva - Weidman, GSP - Diaz or Cain - Dos Santos.

Is it just me?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Am I the only one? Maybe it turns out as a night of great fights, but other than the Jones - DC fight, I feel like most of the other fights mean either little or nothing at all.

I'm not saying it's a bad card, I'm just saying for me it doesn't feel as something special that will remain as a hallmark in mma history. It's nothing like I felt for Fedor Cro-cop (or any other Fedor fight because I'm admittedly a fanboy), Wanderlei - Rampage, Silva - Weidman, GSP - Diaz or Cain - Dos Santos.

Is it just me?
I am literally not excited at all for jones DC. Imo it will look exactly like the first fight.

I'm excited for Aldo and Edgar. I also want to see if Miesha can defend the title.

Hunt vs Brock will be very fun. Meh for Browne and Cain.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
You're insane if you're not into this card. While I'm far more interested in some of the fights on 202 this is by far the best fight card that the UFC has ever put on. UFC 100 was great in retrospect but at the time it had a lot more filler and unknowns than this one.

3 title fights. 9 former/current UFC champions.

The only fight that doesn't have a "name" fighter is Sage vs Marin and Sage has a bigger name (Not that he should... but) than most champions in other organizations.

Bones/DC is legit as fuck.

Return of Brock vs Mark Fucking Hunt. That's just fun as hell even if it is pretty pointless.

Tate/Nunes... Title fight. I don't care about Nunes but she's looked pretty damned lethal lately and Miesha can take a beating so it's interesting.

Aldo/Edgar 2 - Two of the best fighters ever finally fighting again after their close fight years ago. Also for an Interim title/Shot at Conor.

Cain/Browne - How will Cain look after yet another layoff? How will Browne look in general? If someone had told you that Cain vs Browne would be the first fight on the main card of an event you'd think they were crazy... and not just because Cain is healthy enough to fight.

Pena/Zingano should be a fun fight between two scrappy as fuck contenders.

Kelvin/Hendricks - Former champ in a slump vs an up and comer that has had some struggles. Very important fight for both guys as they try to re-establish themselves in a loaded division.

Assuncao/Dillashaw - Former Champ gets a chance to redeem himself against a guy coming off of a layoff. Both trying to be the guy to fight Cruz next.

Marin/Sage - I give zero fucks but it will be interesting to see how Sage comes back after his hypetrain was derailed.

Lauzon/Sanchez - Are you shitting me? I can't think of a single way that this won't be fun as hell. They're a bit older but still always throw down.

Mousasi/Santos - Brunson would have been more meaningful in the division but Santos is a fucking savage. The only way that this fight sucks is if Mousasi is forced to wrestle and holds Santos down and I'm not entirely sure that he can do that.

Miller/Gomi - Pretty much the same as Lauzon/Sanchez.

If you can't get excited for that card then I'm going to have to unfriend you on Facebook and you can't come to my birthday party.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It has alot of solid fights but not the cartoony over the top nostalgic feel about it. You have to accept the fighters that got you into MMA are old and not relevant anymore.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
I was looking at the card the other day and I'm pretty hyped to see some of the fights on the undercard. Sanchez vs Lauzon should be good for a possible Just Bleed fight. I love to watch Mousas,i and the Miller vs Gomi fight might not have title repercussions but it should be exciting. Hendricks vs Gastelum will be interesting to see if both guys make weight. This card reminds me of the old days where the fights might not be the most exciting on paper but even casual fans know most of the names on the card.
The Hunt Lesnar fight is some Pride level stuff and I love it.

Light Heavyweight Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Jon Jones (ic) [a]
Heavyweight Brock Lesnar vs. Mark Hunt
Women's Bantamweight Miesha Tate (c) vs. Amanda Nunes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_200#cite_note-30
Featherweight José Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar [c]
Heavyweight Cain Velasquez vs. Travis Browne
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Women's Bantamweight Cat Zingano vs. Julianna Peña
Welterweight Johny Hendricks vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Bantamweight T.J. Dillashaw vs. Raphael Assunção
Lightweight Sage Northcutt vs. Enrique Marín
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Lightweight Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Lauzon
Middleweight Gegard Mousasi vs. Thiago Santos
Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Takanori Gomi

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
most stacked card top to bottom. there isn't a single fight that doesn't move my needle. as far as fights meaning little/nothing i cant agree with that. aldo/edgar will either be the new champ if conor bails on that division or fight him. obviously the women's title is on the line but holly beats them both imo. browne/cain can fight the winner of stipe/reem possibly.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
it's the most stacked card ever but I agree it lacks something truly special. something that you'd only see on 200. plus I think a lof of the fights have the potential to be snoozers. only Sanchez, Gomi, Miller, Lauzon and Hunt are guaranteed fireworks.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
it's the most stacked card ever but I agree it lacks something truly special. something that you'd only see on 200. plus I think a lof of the fights have the potential to be snoozers. only Sanchez, Gomi, Miller, Lauzon and Hunt are guaranteed fireworks.
needs a freakshow fight. cm punk vs rey mysterio

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Yup, I'm growing to love the card.
Hadn't taken too much notice in case half the fights were canned/changed but ran through the entire card on our podcast today giving our tips and it's a cracker!

PrideRules

Pride Never Die!!!
Oct 20, 2015
I was very meh on 200 before the addition of Brock v Hunt. I felt very solid fights top to bottom, but no real headliner that will give me climax.

Now i can't remember a better card since Pride.

PrideNeverDie

Posting Machine
Feb 6, 2016

Is it just me?
i think your needle is broken

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
My needle is limp as fuck.

Bones\DC is good.

The only other legit fight is the Sage Northcutt fight.

Edgar\Aldo and Browne\Cain???

You gotta be kidding me man. Those are FS1 fights.

Brock\Hunt is a cute little fight that has zero relevance.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
You're insane if you're not into this card. While I'm far more interested in some of the fights on 202 this is by far the best fight card that the UFC has ever put on. UFC 100 was great in retrospect but at the time it had a lot more filler and unknowns than this one.

The only fight that doesn't have a "name" fighter is Sage vs Marin and Sage has a bigger name (Not that he should... but) than most champions in other organizations.

Return of Brock vs Mark Fucking Hunt. That's just fun as hell even if it is pretty pointless.

Tate/Nunes... Title fight. I don't care about Nunes but she's looked pretty damned lethal lately and Miesha can take a beating so it's interesting.

Aldo/Edgar 2 - Two of the best fighters ever finally fighting again after their close fight years ago. Also for an Interim title/Shot at Conor.

Cain/Browne - How will Cain look after yet another layoff? How will Browne look in general? If someone had told you that Cain vs Browne would be the first fight on the main card of an event you'd think they were crazy... and not just because Cain is healthy enough to fight.

Kelvin/Hendricks - Former champ in a slump vs an up and comer that has had some struggles. Very important fight for both guys as they try to re-establish themselves in a loaded division.

Assuncao/Dillashaw - Former Champ gets a chance to redeem himself against a guy coming off of a layoff. Both trying to be the guy to fight Cruz next.

Marin/Sage - I give zero fucks but it will be interesting to see how Sage comes back after his hypetrain was derailed.

Lauzon/Sanchez - Are you shitting me? I can't think of a single way that this won't be fun as hell. They're a bit older but still always throw down.

Mousasi/Santos - Brunson would have been more meaningful in the division but Santos is a fucking savage. The only way that this fight sucks is if Mousasi is forced to wrestle and holds Santos down and I'm not entirely sure that he can do that.

If you can't get excited for that card then I'm going to have to unfriend you on Facebook and you can't come to my birthday party.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I might be more excited for joanna champion vs Claudia gadelha and it's free.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
My needle is limp as fuck.

Bones\DC is good.

The only other legit fight is the Sage Northcutt fight.

Edgar\Aldo and Browne\Cain???

You gotta be kidding me man. Those are FS1 fights.

Brock\Hunt is a cute little fight that has zero relevance.
browne/cain has some potential I agree with the rest.

P

Punch

Good post. Kinda got me amped homie. :D

M

member 603

I think it's a solid card, but I also feel like there will be little to none in the "upset/surprise" factor about this card. I feel like all the people who are supposed to win, will...... Jones, Hunt, Tate, Velasquez, Zingano, TJ, Hendricks, etc..... the only fight where I feel will be a pick em is the Aldo/Edgar fight, even then I'm leaning towards Edgar (i'm not sure what the betting lines are, he could be the favorite here).

Great card, little surprises, that's my feelings on it.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015

We're not friends on fb and even if I was invited to your birthday party it'd be pretty hard to attend as I live in Greece. :)

Anyway, I think you're insane if you're excited about a woman's fight, even if it's a title fight. I don't how mma fans have been brainwashed to enjoy women's mma... it's not like people are excited to watch the wnba or women's soccer, but I guess Dana and Rogan can sell you anything these days. I see it all the time with people buying into anything that guy says, it's kind of sad really.

I also think you're insane if you're excited for featherweight/bantamweight/flyweight bouts. These guys are way too little, they'd have trouble even against some amateur mma fighters who are bigger than them.

As for the rest of the fights...

DC/Jones: I agree

Brock/Hunt: well that would be a great main event for another card, but for the supposed-to-be-super-special 200 card, return of a 39 y.o. Brock who didn't have what one would call a stellar mma career against an old-time legend but who is nowhere near a title contender at the moment and whose game is one-dimensional. Not saying it's not a fun fight, I think it's going to be fun, I just don't think it's special.

Cain/Browne: Cain will probably get this one, but I don't think the ufc trust him to stay within competition without some injury or not, I don't think a win gives him a title fight. I don't know what this fights is doing on the 200 card.

Kelvin/Hendricks: You said it yourself ... "as they try to re-establish themselves". If this fight would take place for another organization no one would give a fuck.

Marin/Sage: Again, you said it yourself ... "I give zero fucks" . Guess what, a lot of people agree with you.

The Miller/Gomi , Mousasi/Santos, Lauzon/Sanchez are fun fights, but still mean very little.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Ok there are too many to reply each one individually...this is my point in general:

This is Joe Rogan's dream card. It's full of women and midgetweight fights along with a couple heavyweight bouts. Think for a moment though... this is the 200 card, it's supposed to be something truly special, a celebration of the most popular mma league. Yet there are no top 5 guys from the

- Middleweight
- Welterweight
- Lightweight

divisions. On the heavyweight division there's only one top 5 guy, an injury-ladden Cain, fighting Browne, who in my humble personal opinion is not even top 10 hw in the world.

The only mens' division above the midgetweights that has a very important fight, as in title fight or some fight that will give the winner a title fight, is the lightheavyweight division.

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015

Is that you Joe Rogan? UFC 100 was better on paper and i think Aldo vs Edgar and Jones vs DC are the only fights that are must watch. The card is solid for maybe the first NY event but with the way Dana was talking about 200 i was hoping for more i guess. If it was Fedor or Carwin vs Brock id be down for that fight but its going to be one sided for either Hunt or Brock. I do not like seeing Tate beatup before she comes back to win, this seems like one of those. The rest is just solid.

Wouldve been nice if the timing was better and Bisping vs Hendo 2 couldve made sense from a marketing standpoint.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
My needle is in my arm. Lol jk o_O. It seems like a interesting night of fights just doesn't have that over the top feel most were expecting for such a event at 200. But it's still pretty decent.. For something more appealing to the dimwitted looking for a show kinda guy Im guessing UFC 202 will suffice.:D

Last edited: