UFC 249 “Pandemania” - Live Discussion Thread 5/9/20

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Cejudo coming off more likable and relatable in the post fight press conference than ever before. Putting the cringe schtick down. So refreshing to see to the real guy. This is the version I wanted to root for but never got a chance to.
What was this cringe shtick you speak of?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Anyone miss the crowd participation?

I'm just happy to have some form of live sport back again. It's that, or hockey in Korea. I feel relieved.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I'm just happy to have some form of live sport back again. It's that, or hockey in Korea. I feel relieved.
I was hoping one of the cameraman would start doing a ric flair wooooo or a "your gonna die " Brazil chant.

Mainly I'm disappointed that ring card girl diddnt strip.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I was hoping one of the cameraman would start doing a ric flair wooooo or a "your gonna die " Brazil chant.

Mainly I'm disappointed that ring card girl diddnt strip.
She kept me entertained flashing the card to all of the people who weren't in the seats. If she's getting paid then fuck it, but I did think it was funny.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
this is real live sport, which actually happened. but there was no Conor, so I became curious to see how prominently this would feature on the BBC sports front page..

punchline: no coverage, of any kind.
ha, even weirder. they had this great write up filed away in the arse end of their site. fackin interesting. for my money this shows mma is far from accepted by the BBC, apart from when Conor is involved.

Gaethje beats Ferguson at UFC 249

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015

Honestly, I weirdly didn't miss it at all. Seemed to make the whole thing more level-headed. Like watching Pride (although the Pride Crowd did pop intensely during select moments, which was cool).

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
Honestly, I weirdly didn't miss it at all. Seemed to make the whole thing more level-headed. Like watching Pride (although the Pride Crowd did pop intensely during select moments, which was cool).
i thought it was just like watching tuf. i actually like it better without the crowd.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
i thought it was just like watching tuf. i actually like it better without the crowd.
How is it? Isn't TUF without commentary as well? or do they have commentary nowadays?

Full disclosure:
I haven't watched TUF since season 8 (Mir, Nogueira, Bader, Junie Browning..).

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I think I might like it better this way. There's no justbleed type characters who are there just to be seen rather than being into MMA. Something really does have to happen with the ring girl though, that was just too funny.