UFC 249: How Many PPV Buys?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
How many buys do you fucks think this is going to get? In theory, being the only sports game in town, and people not being able to congregate in large groups this should do a fuckton. Because we're a civilized bunch, 'Price is Right' rules of closest without going over applies. The winner will receive a compliment from Sheepdog @Dr. Prosper Meniere

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I think a lot of people won't even know it is happening because they aren't watching their normal sports channels and getting hype ads if there are any.

Maybe ads exist, I wouldn't know though.

gotta start from the underground PPV buy level again

I'm not buying it personally, I will just follow live thread and play by play sites.

Should have put this on ESPN and let the world see who is boss mode of breaking quarantine

TLDR version: I have no clue

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
How many buys do you fucks think this is going to get? In theory, being the only sports game in town, and people not being able to congregate in large groups this should do a fuckton. Because we're a civilized bunch, 'Price is Right' rules of closest without going over applies. The winner will receive a compliment from Sheepdog @Dr. Prosper Meniere
is there a ppv? I thought entire card was espn non plus...

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
it's espn+ ... isn't that outside the ppv model?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I will abide by this if we actually get some semi-legit numbers, which is no guarantee. It's no longer easy for Meltzer to get them.

I don't hand out compliments to just anyone. As the great late 20th and early 21st century poet Christina Aguilera once said: I'm a genie in a bottle, baby, gotta rub me the right way, honey. My body might be saying let's go, but if the numbers aren't legit, my heart will be saying no.

I will go with 350,000. It will get more people than you would normally expect for a Ferguson-Gaethje headliner because people are utterly starved for sports, but then again people are also unemployed and can't have viewing parties to split the bill.

But I have no reading on this at all.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
4 hour prelims on ESPN at 6est.
PPV ordered through ESPN+ starts at 10est
Does this mean there are no facebook/fightpass/ESPN/whatever the fuck prelims? It's just on TV then PPV?

M

member 3289

Does this mean there are no facebook/fightpass/ESPN/whatever the fuck prelims? It's just on TV then PPV?
Wikipedia says 3 fights on ESPN+, 3 on ESPN, and 5 on PPV. This will likely change to 2, 4, 5 now that the Jacare fight has been pulled (there were previously 4 fights on ESPN).

It would make sense to have all the fights on regular ESPN as people have fuck else to watch, but there might be something in the UFC-ESPN contract that mandates ESPN+ fights.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Wikipedia says 3 fights on ESPN+, 3 on ESPN, and 5 on PPV. This will likely change to 2, 4, 5 now that the Jacare fight has been pulled (there were previously 4 fights on ESPN).

It would make sense to have all the fights on regular ESPN as people have fuck else to watch, but there might be something in the UFC-ESPN contract that mandates ESPN+ fights.
On Australian ESPN it's listed as just a 4-hour block for the prelims, whereas it's normally just the 2 hours. We don't usually get the early prelims, but on the other hand ESPN+ cards are just shown on regular ESPN, so it's a different system. But if MMAHawk is saying it, it might be that all the prelims are just on TV in the US too.

The Luque-Price rematch is a good fight, so hopefully it's not buried on the shitty prelims.

M

member 3289

On Australian ESPN it's listed as just a 4-hour block for the prelims, whereas it's normally just the 2 hours. We don't usually get the early prelims, but on the other hand ESPN+ cards are just shown on regular ESPN, so it's a different system. But if MMAHawk is saying it, it might be that all the prelims are just on TV in the US too.

The Luque-Price rematch is a good fight, so hopefully it's not buried on the shitty prelims.
Looks like the Price-Luque fight has been moved up to ESPN, leaving only 2 fights on the early prelims (Spann-Alvey and Mitchell-Rosa).

For whatever fucky reason, the early prelims will be shown on FightPass even in the U.S. lol. I guess you have to subscribe to both ESPN+ and FightPass to get all the fights now.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Looks like the Price-Luque fight has been moved up to ESPN, leaving only 2 fights on the early prelims (Spann-Alvey and Mitchell-Rosa).

For whatever fucky reason, the early prelims will be shown on FightPass even in the U.S. lol. I guess you have to subscribe to both ESPN+ and FightPass to get all the fights now.
I blame the consumer even more than the UFC. If you're dumb enough to be shelling out money for FightPass, you're just fucking all of is by keeping it viable.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

All prelims on ESPN
Fightpass prelims are on all platforms