UFC champ Tyron Woodley goes at it with Wonderboy’s Dad

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Things get a little heated between Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson’s father on social media.

Tyron Woodley made it no secret that he wasn’t interested in fighting No. 1 contender Stephen Thompson in his first title defense.

‘T-Wood’, who captured the welterweight title after knocking out Robbie Lawler at UFC 201, immediately began to campaign for a big money, high profile fight against Georges St-Pierre or Nick Diaz.

Despite his own interests, however, Woodley will be defending the title against Thompson but it will feature on one of the biggest pay-per-views of the year: UFC 205 in New York City.

The newly minted champion said he committed to the Thompson fight six weeks ago and claimed he had no respect for Wonderboy in a recent interview.

Thompson’s father, Ray Thompson,…

Woodley and Thompson’s Dad go at it on social media

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
While that exchange is very 'who gives a shit?', it got me thinking: has a division ever been ruled by as many unlikable characters as welterweight? Between Hughes, Hendricks and now Woodley (and if you've ever heard Miletich's political views, you can add him to that list too) that's some serious quality dickishness.

M

member 3289

Woodley got knocked out in that bitter twitter quarrel

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Woodley is right. It's fucking embarrassing every time somebody's parent or wife inserts themselves. The only exception is Ronda's mom vs. Chocula.

I wonder if pa will tell us that he's still proud of Wonderboy if Woodley wins.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Woodley is right. It's fucking embarrassing every time somebody's parent or wife inserts themselves. The only exception is Ronda's mom vs. Chocula.

He's still my boy!

Royce Nelson

Iron sharpens something
Dec 31, 2015
While that exchange is very 'who gives a shit?', it got me thinking: has a division ever been ruled by as many unlikable characters as welterweight? Between Hughes, Hendricks and now Woodley (and if you've ever heard Miletich's political views, you can add him to that list too) that's some serious quality dickishness.
And before these people we had the beautiful GSP :(.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015

That does not bother me here since Ray is Stephen's head coach.

KataKing

Sep 1, 2016
Well, Wonderboy was ranked No. 8 by MMA not so long ago....
\
It was time for Dad to shine the spotlight. Wonderboy has been underpaid & underappreciated & underestimated by MMA's rank & file.

GO DAD!