UFC cuts 13 fighters from roster as cutbacks continue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The UFC's week of cutbacks ends with news that several fighters will no longer compete in the promotion.

The complete list:
Shane Campbell
Kevin Casey
Cody East
Glaico Franca
Leonardo Augusto ‘Leleco' Guimaraes
Cory Hendricks
Caio Magalhaes
Enrique Marin
Tamdan McCrory
Kenny Robertson
Antonio ‘Bigfoot' Silva
Sean Spencer
Alberto Uda

UFC releases 13 fighters from contracts

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
they should cut everyone they havent given a fight to in a year or more

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Dam the new bosses are brutal. 13 cute. Expect a ton more lay offs and roster cuts. Sucks to see the barn cat go like that.

Bigfoot has one more cash out in fedor

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Dam the new bosses are brutal. 13 cute. Expect a ton more lay offs and roster cuts. Sucks to see the barn cat go like that.

Yeah, I last remembered Tamdan McCrory beating Josh Samman, didn't realize he had been KOed twice since then.

Hopefully they are freeing up space for women's 125 and 105. It's all about marketability, ya goofs.

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

I understand Tamdan has fans from TUF, but I have had a number of conversations with him and I can't cheer for him as a result.

That's just my own personal experiences. He was not a good guy.

He might be a good guy to everyone else, but sometimes I like to think karma plays a role. As childish as that is....

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Barncat the only one on the list I'll definitely miss. Just. Dunno why.

Good for us viewers. Hope those guys get fights and keep getting paid. And sponsored.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015

I don't find any of them cute, but that's just me.

I think Bigfoot has several good fights left in him. He will go to Bellator, get back on his vitamins, and start destroying people.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Barncat the only one on the list I'll definitely miss. Just. Dunno why.

Good for us viewers. Hope those guys get fights and keep getting paid. And sponsored.
I'm glad he got cut. Talked shit about Bellator went to UFC got cut. I hope Bellator doesn't take him back. I hate when these guys talk shit about Bellator and think everything is all good because the UFC picked them up. Well ya ain't so smart now huh.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I understand Tamdan has fans from TUF, but I have had a number of conversations with him and I can't cheer for him as a result.

That's just my own personal experiences. He was not a good guy.

He might be a good guy to everyone else, but sometimes I like to think karma plays a role. As childish as that is....
Please expand.

Please expand.
Tamten thinks he's special and has no social skills. He gets a pass on this and in general gets by in life by being tall and intimidating people outside the fighting world. That's how he got through school, he made "friends" with the academically talented and then just plagiarized their stuff. They didn't protest cause he's good at making pizza and used to get them good deals on electronics from his uncle, I'm making all this up but have heard the guy's a jerk...oh well :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The UFC was getting bloated, this is a good thing. It was also good to let Big Foot go, his health issues, and his losses, time to go.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tamdan has always been approachable & nice in my interactions with him.

AZPlayboy

Oct 16, 2016
The new owners are making a lot of changes.... Will they continue to cut fighters? Will they bring in more freak show CM Punk bullshit? I wonder how this is all going to play out in the long run. Guys like GSP under ancient contracts give them an honest deal or let them go I don't like the slavery shit and the sponsor bullshit fighters gotta eat well not just the fuckin suits!

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The new owners are making a lot of changes.... Will they continue to cut fighters? Will they bring in more freak show CM Punk bullshit? I wonder how this is all going to play out in the long run. Guys like GSP under ancient contracts give them an honest deal or let them go I don't like the slavery shit and the sponsor bullshit fighters gotta eat well not just the fuckin suits!
Yeah, the more I think about it, how are you going to hold anyone to a contract where the original benefits are restricted........

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I'm glad he got cut. Talked shit about Bellator went to UFC got cut. I hope Bellator doesn't take him back. I hate when these guys talk shit about Bellator and think everything is all good because the UFC picked them up. Well ya ain't so smart now huh.
Ya I was kinda surprised when he went off on bellator on the q&a here..I think I had asked him smth and he just shat on B.

But who knows what happened..that was a different bellator too then, so I never held that against him

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Please expand.
He was just one of those guys that if he didn't agree with you on something, he wouldn't even consider your point of view and he would be hostile towards it.

You couldn't explore the differences in opinion because he just wanted to tell you that you were wrong in a combative manner.

One thing you can do to get a taste of what I mean is check out his twitter and facebook. Particularly on his facebook, it's just non-stop arguments in the comments sections with him involved in most.

I dunno... Maybe he grew up in a household where there was a lot of constant arguing, but he's not someone that is easy to have real conversations with in my experience.

Wish him the best because he has kids to feed, but hopefully he can find some ways to let go of some of that hostility he brings to certain social interactions.

Edit: Just want to explain again that these comments are just based on my experiences with him. It's not like I'm his brother or closest friend. I just know how he was in our interactions.

Last edited:

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Never happy to see guys get cut but they should do another 100.
It would actually be better for these guys if the UFC did that. As it stands, a lot of guys can't even get enough fights every year to make the brain damage worth it. The roster is simply too bloated.