UFC fans can't blame Reebok for these shirts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The partnership between the UFC and Reebok has been anything but smooth, and not just from the financial downturn that many fighters have expressed concerns over. From the moment the fighter kits were launched, there were errors in the spelling of names, errors in the origin countries and most recently, the shirt released the week of UFC Dublin angered many Irish fans when they failed to add Northern Ireland to the shirt they made expressly for, well, Ireland.

Now, the UFC is taking fresh heat from fans critical of their latest "Discipline" tees, andthey have nothing at all to do with Reebok. The "officially licensed" line is a UFC product and features the various martial arts disciplines (karate, boxing, Mauy Thai, etc.), portrayed by gray and red stick figures engaged in combat. If you liked the game, "Pick Up Stix" as a child, this line of tee shirts will be right up your alley.

LINK: UFC fans can't blame Reebok for these shirts - Bloody Elbow

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
These are cheesy and cheap looking as fuck lol. That said, they're only $24, so I guess it's not that bad. I'm not a buyer though.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
These are cheesy and cheap looking as fuck lol. That said, they're only $24, so I guess it's not that bad. I'm not a buyer though.
The fuck outta here. Only 24 bucks. In the country they get made for 24 bucks I'm getting a 5 course meal and shaft ing the waitress in the ass after the manager of the store hooks me up with a gram of johnny bones coke

WineDineSixty-Nine

Nov 1, 2015
The fuck outta here. Only 24 bucks. In the country they get made for 24 bucks I'm getting a 5 course meal and shaft ing the waitress in the ass after the manager of the store hooks me up with a gram of johnny bones coke
It's always best to avoid hard drugs overseas.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
"How can we make more money? I know, let's make some t-shirts and use stick men in strange stances"

How does this crap get to the point of manufacture? Those poor guys in Sialkot must be shaking their heads, knowing they won't be making many more of these.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Are these people remotely familiar with fashion, they're own product and the cross-section of both?

It's like a high school fashion design class project by the guy who accidentally took it and attends 1 out 5 classes.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oh and that BJJ one is the "Upside down reach around" AKA the "Coagulated salt shaker".

... or so I am told...

carry on...

Last edited:

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
What in the pedestrian crossing swastika hell...IS happening in those jiu-jitsu shirts?

Kiwi

Oct 20, 2015
Someone 'designed' these then sent the designs to a merch team for approval.
There would have been a few rounds of changes then they would have been presented at a merchandise meeting.

Then it was on to the higher-ups and other department's stakeholders who would have had their say then the designs would have been forwarded through to a product manager or some VP for final signoff.

There would have been many eyes on these from both Reebok and UFC before they were launched.

They either (a) do not understand their product or (b) do not respect their customers.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The Greco Roman shirt is a topless dude pleading with the topless person who just said no to his topless marriage proposal in shorts...

"I swear Jerry, no more Santorum buffet nights at the Perineum Palace, I'm the only one for you booboo!"

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Any old schoolers remember the Kwon discipline gear? It wasn't great but much better than this.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Someone 'designed' these then sent the designs to a merch team for approval.
There would have been a few rounds of changes then they would have been presented at a merchandise meeting.

Then it was on to the higher-ups and other department's stakeholders who would have had their say then the designs would have been forwarded through to a product manager or some VP for final signoff.

There would have been many eyes on these from both Reebok and UFC before they were launched.

They either (a) do not understand their product or (b) do not respect their customers.
True dat........it's hard to believe

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
In the famous words of happy Gilmore "Id kick my own ass, if i was caught wearing those"...