UFC Fight Night 90: RDA vs Alvarez Discussion - 7/7/16

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Main card
Eddie Alvarez def. Rafael dos Anjos via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:49
Derrick Lewis def. Roy Nelson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Alan Jouban def. Belal Muhammad via unanimous decision (28-27, 29-28, 29-27)
Joseph Duffy def. Mitch Clarke via submission (rear-naked choke, 0:25, Round 1)

Undercard
Alberto Mina def. Mike Pyle via knockout (flying knee, 1:17, Round 2)
John Makdessi def. Mehdi Baghdad via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
Anthony Birchak via Dileno Lopes via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
Pedro Munhoz def. Russell Doane via submission (guillotine, 2:08, Round 1)
Felipe Arantes def. Jerrod Sanders via verbal submission (armbar, 1:39, Round 2)
Gilbert Burns def. Lukasz Sajewski via submission (armbar, 4:57, Round 1)
Marco Beltran def. Reginaldo Vieira via submission (rear-naked choke, 3:04, Round 2)
Vicente Luque def. Alvaro Herrera via submission (D'Arce choke, 3:52, Round 2)

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The undercard isn't bad. Doane is pretty fun from what I remember. Birchak is fun to watch and seems like a good dude. Hopefully Makdessi will get smacked down. The main card is solid. Clarke/Duffy should be good. Muhammed is a really good prospect. Nelson/Lewis should end with someone getting cracked! Dos Anjos/Alvarez has potential to be fireworks but I'm worried that Alvarez is going to try to slow it down and just grind out a win based on the way he's been talking about being strategic in his UFC run.

Royce Nelson

Iron sharpens something
Dec 31, 2015
I'm curious to see the odds on this card. I think a lot of these fights could go to anyone.

BobSalvage

Work by day, Post by night, All day
Jun 6, 2016
Pretty damn pumped for this one !!! I have a weird feeling Eddy dethrones him

Harold_Howard_The_Duck

Canadian Heavyweight Poultry Champion
May 30, 2015
Bovada Odds (7-2-16)

Rafael Dos Anjos-375 Eddie Alvarez+285
Roy Nelson-140 Derrick Lewis+110
Alan Jouban-130 Belal Muhammad EVEN
Joseph Duffy-380 Mitch Clarke+290
Mike Pyle-120 Alberto Mina-110
John Makdessi-170 Mehdi Baghdad+140
Anthony Birchak-260 Dileno Lopes+200
Pedro Munhoz-230 Russell Doane+180
Felipe Arantes-170 Jerrod Sanders+140
Gilbert Burns-240 Lukasz Sajewski+190
Reginaldo Vieira-185 Marco Beltran+150
Vicente Luque-450 Alvaro Herrera+325

UFC Fight Night 90 odds: Dos Anjos vs. Alvarez

X EVil Eddie X

Host Of Pure EVil MMA (Now on iTunes)
Feb 13, 2016
I been hearing a lot of people leaning to Eddie A to win this fight, but RDA is a dangerous man making this an amazing match up. If Alverez thinks he can do what he did to Pettis hes got anohter thing coming.

X EVil Eddie X

Host Of Pure EVil MMA (Now on iTunes)
Feb 13, 2016
Eddie has looked untouchale tho without a doubt. This is a tough one to pick betwween

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I been hearing a lot of people leaning to Eddie A to win this fight, but RDA is a dangerous man making this an amazing match up. If Alverez thinks he can do what he did to Pettis hes got anohter thing coming.
I'm sure he doesn't think he can do that to dos anjos. Alvarez has already proven his fight iq with that fight and stuck to a gameplan that was working for him. He's gotta know that wrestling and pressure are dos anjos strengths and he should adjust accordingly. He's a much more talented striker than dos anjos so let's hope he's able to keep it standing.

Only trouble I see him run into there, if it stays standing, is the durability factor. Eddie gets rocked in a lot of his fights, but he's very durable and hard to put away. Dos anjos is just next level durable though. It's going to be hard to crack through that armor, let alone stop him.

I'm hoping Alvarez outclasses him on the feet. Dos anjos just doesn't do anything for me as a champ. He's not must see enough for my money, but I'll gladly tune in to see Alvarez put a clinic on anyone.

Teen Gohan

TMMAC Top Team
Oct 19, 2015
I think Roy will knock Lewis out, I'm also thinking the Alvarez RDA fight will be close. Let's see how wrong I am. Lol.

BobSalvage

Work by day, Post by night, All day
Jun 6, 2016
Eddie vs RDA is probably one of my favorite fights from this whole weekend. Would be epic to see both him and Frankie win

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So RDA went from "red panty night" fight to fightpass for being reckless in training. The hammer came down hard. He should have more exposure imo.

Apr 3, 2015
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Eddie Alvarez <---RDA is going to starch Eddie and make a statement imo.
Roy Nelson vs. Derrick Lewis <--- love Roy but if Lewis fights smart its his fight to lose
Alan Jouban vs. Belal Muhammed <--- Belal is a lock, his striking is incredible and I dont see Alan grinding it out
Mitch Clarke vs. Joseph Duffy

Alberto Mina vs. Mike Pyle
Mehdi Baghdad vs. John Makdessi
Anthony Birchak vs. Dileno Lopes
Russell Doane vs. Pedro Munhoz
Felip Arrantes vs. Jerrod Sanders
Gilbert Burns vs. Lukasz Sajewski
Marco Beltran vs. Reginaldo Vieira
Alvaro Herrera vs. Vicente Luque

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
RDA hits far too hard for Eddie to implement his game imo.
Eddie has yet to showcase what he's capable of in the octagon. Maybe it's stiffer competition, but I don't really believe that. Top guys in bellator give top guys in ufc a run for their money and I think chandler would be top 5 in ufc as well. Eddie, imo, just hasn't seemed to find his groove in the ufc. He's looked flat and uninspired to say the least, but he's still winning. If he can put it together tonight like he used to, we will have a new champ. Don't know if he can pull it off and rda is tough for anyone, but I think he's had enough time to adjust to things and really put on a memorable performance.

Harold_Howard_The_Duck

Canadian Heavyweight Poultry Champion
May 30, 2015
No disrespect to eddie lol, dudes a fucking longtime warrior of the international variety... Bullshit he's not fighting on PPV after gettin PPV points though