UFC fighter Darrell Horcher injured in major motorcycle accident

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC lightweight Darrell Horcher says he is grateful to be alive after being involved in a horrible motorcycle accident earlier this week.

Darrell Horcher is pretty busted up, but "grateful to be alive" according to his manager. The UFC lightweight and motorcycle enthusiast was involved in a horrific accident earlier this week that left him with some major, but non-life threatening injuries. Fox Sport's Damon Martin tweeted about the story, and the tweet includes an alarming image:

UFC LW Darrell Horcher "grateful to be alive" after horrific motorcycle accidentUFC fighter Darrell Horcher 'grateful to be alive' after horrific motorcycle accident#UFC pic.twitter.com/DyMGq5rGBY

— Damon Martin (@DamonMartin) May 27, 2016

Horcher suffered a broken ankle, torn ligaments in his ankle, and a whole lot of road rash after he skidded 240 feet. In the…

UFC fighter Darrell Horcher injured in major motorcycle accident

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I admit I have no idea why it's important for a dude who feels like a girl to use the women's room and not the men's room. But riding a motorcycle on a public road, especially if there are a lot of cars and you're in a busy area, you forfeit your right to complain about the consequences. Driving a car is scary enough, people die every day inside the shell of a car, even with a seatbelt. But moving around 60 mph with nothing but a bike helmet (and many cases, not even) and you're basically letting me and all the car-driving comrades decide your fate because it's well known there are bad drivers everywhere.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
On a more positive note, it sucks to see a guy who gave Khabib a great fight on short notice suffer like this. But he, like Donald Cerrone, are responsible for their own situations. Thankfully Cerrone seems to be bulletproof. He thinks he'll die young but he'll probably outlive us all.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I admit I have no idea why it's important for a dude who feels like a girl to use the women's room and not the men's room. But riding a motorcycle on a public road, especially if there are a lot of cars and you're in a busy area, you forfeit your right to complain about the consequences. Driving a car is scary enough, people die every day inside the shell of a car, even with a seatbelt. But moving around 60 mph with nothing but a bike helmet (and many cases, not even) and you're basically letting me and all the car-driving comrades decide your fate because it's well known there are bad drivers everywhere.
It's dangerous, no doubt. But so is life. Kids get cancer for no reason. It blows. To say motorcycles weed out the gene pool is a pretty insensitive statement considering a fighter had serious injuries from doing what he loves while we applaud that same guy to take another guys conscienceness from him which in a lot of cases leads to cte and think nothing of the latter. In other words, live and let live. I'm sure being on two wheels doesn't automatically make him a bad person. If he's a dick... Fuck im. But if not, Im Sure we're all guilty of mistakes. Doesn't mean our demise will better the planet.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
It's dangerous, no doubt. But so is life. Kids get cancer for no reason. It blows. To say motorcycles weed out the gene pool is a pretty insensitive statement considering a fighter had serious injuries from doing what he loves while we applaud that same guy to take another guys conscienceness from him which in a lot of cases leads to cte and think nothing of the latter. In other words, live and let live. I'm sure being on two wheels doesn't automatically make him a bad person. If he's a dick... Fuck im. But if not, Im Sure we're all guilty of mistakes. Doesn't mean our demise will better the planet.
True. I'm not one to tell others how to live. Fighters put themselves at risk too, that's a fair point. At the end of the day, we're all responsible for our choices and we do the best we can to not put others at risk. Some people need to walk a certain path and I'm not one to tell them what not to do.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm convinced motorcycles exist simply to weed out the gene pool.
Everyone on my wife's side of the family rides them. Dad, both brothers, uncles. Her younger brother never wears a helmet...dude is a statistic waiting to happen. I hope not, but all it takes is one accident.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Ive known 2 guys that died on motorcycles.

A buddy of mine in the Navy, and the other was my father in law at the time.

This was in Hawaii where its not a requirement to wear a helmet and they both werent.

You'll never catch me on a motorcycle. One little mistake and youre getting fucked up.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The devil himself (Murr) got through a crash and still was a top 10 HW so hopefully he makes a good recovery.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
My friends back when we were younger called me a sissy for not riding one. I rode once and wiped out. The one thing is, anything can happen to you while riding one.

For example, an orange came flying at me from the other side of the road while driving 80 miles an hour right smack into my windshield at eye level......in a car...... Wiping out and possibly dead riding a motorcycle.
Also, you have to worry about everyone else actually paying attention and not texting or on their phone while driving.
There is a very good reason the uk govt pays a significant sum of money on ads that end in "think bike".....you will be a statistic