What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I called a plumber to scope and snake my main line because I had a blockage. When I got home my toilet fill valve was leaking, which seemed odd since that was also a plumbing issue, however that was a pressurized line, whereas the sewer drain is not. I then went to wash dishes and my water was shooting out at much more pressure than normal. I just had the water pressure regulator replaced a few months ago. I'm positive that the plumber snaking and scoping the sewer line fucked with it knowing it would cause another plumbing issue in the near future, hoping g for repeat business. I doubt he knew the issue would be caused same day, and I doubt he pressure checked the pressure after fucking with it, because it was wayyy too high. Anyways, the toilet fill valve probably could have been dealt with by a rebuild kit, but they are only $15 for a good one, so I replaced it just now. Simple job, but nonetheless feels rewarding knowing a fuckass like the plumber that caused the problem would have charged $200.
1000001642.jpg
Old one with cap removed.
1000001667.jpg
New one.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I called a plumber to scope and snake my main line because I had a blockage. When I got home my toilet fill valve was leaking, which seemed odd since that was also a plumbing issue, however that was a pressurized line, whereas the sewer drain is not. I then went to wash dishes and my water was shooting out at much more pressure than normal. I just had the water pressure regulator replaced a few months ago. I'm positive that the plumber snaking and scoping the sewer line fucked with it knowing it would cause another plumbing issue in the near future, hoping g for repeat business. I doubt he knew the issue would be caused same day, and I doubt he pressure checked the pressure after fucking with it, because it was wayyy too high. Anyways, the toilet fill valve probably could have been dealt with by a rebuild kit, but they are only $15 for a good one, so I replaced it just now. Simple job, but nonetheless feels rewarding knowing a fuckass like the plumber that caused the problem would have charged $200.
View attachment 97069
View attachment 97070
New one.
I don't get how the plumber snaking can up the pressure.
What's that about?

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
View attachment 97069
View attachment 97070
New one.
Did you check pressure at a hose bib? Depending on what pressure your municipality is supplying, it’s possible you’ll start to have several issues over the next few weeks. There should be an adjustment bolt on the regulator to bring pressure back down to 55-60ish.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I don't get how the plumber snaking can up the pressure.
What's that about?
The cleanout is right by the water main and water pressure regulator. What I am saying is that he increased the water pressure to cause a problem with internal plumbing, hoping that since he was the last plumber at the property I'd call him to do the repair he caused (with me being ignorant and not knowing that he caused the problem).

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Did you check pressure at a hose bib? Depending on what pressure your municipality is supplying, it’s possible you’ll start to have several issues over the next few weeks. There should be an adjustment bolt on the regulator to bring pressure back down to 55-60ish.
I immediately adjusted the water pressure regulator after realizing what was going on. I'm good now. Fortunately the fill valve in the toilet was the only thing to fail. That could have been expensive if a line in the attic ruptured.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The cleanout is right by the water main and water pressure regulator. What I am saying is that he increased the water pressure to cause a problem with internal plumbing, hoping that since he was the last plumber at the property I'd call him to do the repair he caused (with me being ignorant and not knowing that he caused the problem).
Doesn't he know you're part of the T-MMAC Attack community?