What should the world do about ISIS?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Doesn't seem that bombing campaigns are really going to do it and there doesn't seem to be the public will to support a ground assault.

Are they worth the effort of a coordinated military campaign, or do you contain and treat them like the Mexican cartels and let them eat each other from within (bad for the locals :( )? Basically, is intervening worse than not?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Hate to say it but if you are looking to make Middle Eastern countries democratic, so to speak, you can't let these guys control things because if they control vote, theoretically they will control the govt and if they do that you'll have to back and deal with them at some point.........just one man's opinion, could be way off but iraq is democratic now, correct?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Stop funding them and countries that harbor them for one thing. Besides that, I'm not sure to be honest. We're $17 trillion in debt, and I don't know if this country could fund another 3-4 year long war, that would require a shit load of resources for ground assaults. It's a touchy situation the world is in right now.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I agree that you cut all monies off to them and those that harbor those fucks. At this point it is going to take boots on the ground to kill them. I would only want us to do this if our government takes away the bullshit rules of engagement off of the troops that they have in place now.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hired Gun;n27273 said:
I agree that you cut all monies off to them and those that harbor those fucks. At this point it is going to take boots on the ground to kill them. I would only want us to do this if our government takes away the bullshit rules of engagement off of the troops that they have in place now.

Yep...

TFK_likatiga

First 259
Feb 19, 2015
I'm starting a gofundme, asking for $5 billion, so we can hire black water & Executive Outcomes to go in there (where ever there is) and remove them from the planet.

In fact, maybe you guys can help me.

Any military experts here can put together a budget for this?

Any international diplomacy experts can help me put together a strategy for sending mercs into foreign nations?

Anybody want to be my Chief of Staff?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Hired Gun;n27273 said:
great to see another great poster on here. Hired Gun yay! i was going to message this weekend too about this place.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cut off money and support to all ME and predominantly Muslim nations. When they start to cry about it carpet bomb them like it's ww2, then pretend it's Japan and nuke them.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
A majority of the guys from Executive Outcome went to jail. They were 100% Mercenaries which we don't need. Academy(Blackwater) has changed as well over the year. Eric Prince doesn't even live in the states anymore and doesn't handle a majority of the day to day operations. Academy isn't what it once was and every tom dick and jane has a contract company out there now. I've worked for some a major amount of guy who work in this business haven't even heard of. They all do the same shit. You just have a different patch on your sleeve.
You could go the route of hiring contractors to go in and fight ISIS but it would take allot longer than it would our military especially without air support.

POPROCK

OneThirtyEight
Feb 24, 2015
Splinty;n26155 said:
Doesn't seem that bombing campaigns are really going to do it and there doesn't seem to be the public will to support a ground assault.

Are they worth the effort of a coordinated military campaign, or do you contain and treat them like the Mexican cartels and let them eat each other from within (bad for the locals :( )? Basically, is intervening worse than not?

Isis is a completely different animal than the cartels. The cartels aren't calling for and actively recruiting for attacks on American civilians. The cartels are in it for the money and they know where their bread gets buttered. The last thing in the world they want is instability in America. Cartel members have killed low level Mexican street thugs for harassing and robbing Americans on vacation in Mexico. The cartels want Americans to be fat and happy so they can continue funneling that money into cartel coffers.

Cartels are businessmen whereas Isis are ideologues. Ideologues are much more dangerous. They care only about advancing their agenda and nothing else. Pair that with religious fanaticism and you have a fighting force with no concern for their own lives or actions. They truly believe that they are fighting for Allah. That gives them free rein to commit the most heinous acts against their fellow man without any perceived moral consequences. In committing these acts they believe that they are defending Islam, and they are taught from a very young age that being killed while defending Islam is an honor that will reap great benefits in the afterlife.

They don't fear death and they have no moral deterrent. That's a scary combination.

The entire world needs to unite and destroy Isis.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
POPROCK;n28480 said:
Isis is a completely different animal than the cartels. The cartels aren't calling for and actively recruiting for attacks on American civilians. The cartels are in it for the money and they know where their bread gets buttered. The last thing in the world they want is instability in America. Cartel members have killed low level Mexican street thugs for harassing and robbing Americans on vacation in Mexico. The cartels want Americans to be fat and happy so they can continue funneling that money into cartel coffers.

Cartels are businessmen whereas Isis are ideologues. Ideologues are much more dangerous. They care only about advancing their agenda and nothing else. Pair that with religious fanaticism and you have a fighting force with no concern for their own lives or actions. They truly believe that they are fighting for Allah. That gives them free rein to commit the most heinous acts against their fellow man without any perceived moral consequences. In committing these acts they believe that they are defending Islam, and they are taught from a very young age that being killed while defending Islam is an honor that will reap great benefits in the afterlife.

They don't fear death and they have no moral deterrent. That's a scary combination.

The entire world needs to unite and destroy Isis.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
First off you have to stop people joining them.

European / American citizens who go over there should automatically lose their resident status regardless of where they were born.

Then we need to make "radicalisation" a major crime that also resorts in getting these fuckers shipped back to Saudi or Yemen and fuck their human rights.

Then we burn them with fire.

As old testament as is possible.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
That region need legit Sunni leaders. That's what it is all about, Sunnis feel threatened and are pushing back.

As for ISIS, even if we wipe them out, something else will replace them for the reason stated above.

What is the world doing about Wahabism? it's basically the same ideology embraced by Saudi Arabia and they spread the that ideology throughout the Muslim world.

No one is doing jack shit, Saudi Arabia is under the umbrella of the US.

It's a complicated issue and I don't see the US distancing themselves from Saudi Arabia, even the citizens of the US are OK with being allied with Saudi Arabia.

Gman

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
How come ISIS doesn't attack Israel? NOT that I want this to happen, its just weird that a full Muslim group of savages doesn't go after them.

Mertvaya Ruka

Feb 14, 2015
GaspareBJJ;n29825 said:
How come ISIS doesn't attack Israel? NOT that I want this to happen, its just weird that a full Muslim group of savages doesn't go after them.
Israel and Hezbollah would smash ISIS in a direct confrontation, ISIS wants to establish a "caliphate" first and then take over the world.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Growing up in the army in England we used to have to check for bombs under the car before even getting in it with the IRA being a threat, but at least they weren't nutjob suiciders. Can we not bring them out of hiding to help a bit?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I say troops on the ground. That idea was very unpopular before cuz we're intervening places where didn't really need to intervene, and also the US leader's personal agenda.

But this is different. It seems like real evil. We should deploy troops to Isis stronghold countries and guerilla warfare will be okay because everyone hates ISIS. (Collateral damage assessment)

Not like the VietCongs, Talibans, and the likes of them where ppl were torn between who to support cuz once inawhile they do some good deeds to local areas.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Trump's first trip outside of the us is not very comforting, especially bearing in mind the route he followed and the deals he signed.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I would only want us to do this if our government takes away the bullshit rules of engagement off of the troops that they have in place now.
I believe this is the case now in our military. General Mattis don't fuck around.
Its the reason Tim re-enlisted.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
We can start by not doing business with their number one funder.....
The real question is what should the world do about Saudi Arabia?