White: I don’t know if Jones and Ngannou really want to fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
UFC 246: McGregor v Cerrone

This week, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones expressed his intention to have a “big money fight” against knockout artist Francis Ngannou. “The Predator,” who is currently on a four-fight first-round finish streak, ultimately agreed that it should be for a big pay day.

As Jones already began to hype the fight up as a “David and Goliath” battle, Dana White isn’t too sold on it just yet. Specifically, the UFC president is skeptical about whether or not the two elite combatants really want to make the fight happen.

“I don’t know if those guys really want that fight,” White told the media during Saturday’s second Jacksonville show.

“Let me tell you this, and I’m not saying this is the case with these two. You see a lot of talk online or whatever it might be. Actually making fights is a whole ‘nother ball game.”

Jones has been talking about moving to heavyweight since 2013. But recently, he broached the idea of taking a 220-pound “exhibition fight” before stepping up to heavyweight.

Dana White: I don’t know if Jon Jones and Francis Ngannou really want to fight

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Translation:

"They actually want more money for a superfight, so fuck 'em!"

Namaste

M

member 3289

Jones wants to fight. Ngannou wants to fight.

The UFC? They don't want it.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Jones wants more money like he is destroying guys in the octagon like Ngannou.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Jones wants to fight. Ngannou wants to fight.

The UFC? They don't want it.
you're playing too much into this~ UFC doesn't protect anyone unless it'll hurt their cash cow, like Conor.

Ngannou is not a draw~ casuals barely know him so why keep saying they're protecting Ngannou?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
for jones to go up to heavyweight and risk a KO loss is too much risk for the ufc to take. once he loses that invincible status jones loses his value to the company. for the ufc to set up a jones HW superfight it needs to be for the legit title

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
for jones to go up to heavyweight and risk a KO loss is too much risk for the ufc to take. once he loses that invincible status jones loses his value to the company. for the ufc to set up a jones HW superfight it needs to be for the legit title
The problem with that is Jones' marketing is that he's not worried about Ngannou.