White isn’t expecting gate for ‘a very long time,’ doesn’t need a crowd

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It may take a while before a large crowd once again gathers to watch a UFC event in person. According to Zeke Emanuel, a bioethicist and brother of UFC co-owner Ari, that likely won’t happen until the fall of 2021, at the earliest.

It is a new normal that Dana White is starting to embrace. But according to the UFC president, having a live audience doesn’t really matter that much.

“Obviously, the world is going to be different and I’ve been thinking far ahead into the future,” White told Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports. “I don’t expect to have a gate for a very long time. I’ve already thrown that out the window. You have to look…

‘I don’t need a crowd’ - Dana White isn’t expecting a UFC live gate for ‘a very long time’

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I expect the ppv to do stupid numbers.. the draft had 55 million viewers an all time record and I expect with little going on that this card will do well.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
whatever it takes

just get some damn fights rolling

natives are restless

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I expect the ppv to do stupid numbers.. the draft had 55 million viewers an all time record and I expect with little going on that this card will do well.
With stupid ESPN+, I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t. However, it should do well. It’s a strong card.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
With stupid ESPN+, I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t. However, it should do well. It’s a strong card.
The card will do well in total views. Not sure how well the PPV numbers will be. I am not signing up for ESPN+ ever so until they move off of that I will be watching fo free.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I will dearly miss going out to watch the fights at a bar but the crowd at an event if watching it on TV at home, I really don't get what the big deal is.

This new card is wicked, couldn't give a toss which know it alls are there, doesn't change the outcome.

Buddeh

Apr 1, 2020
I will dearly miss going out to watch the fights at a bar but the crowd at an event if watching it on TV at home, I really don't get what the big deal is.

This new card is wicked, couldn't give a toss which know it alls are there, doesn't change the outcome.
I thought so too, but the production team needs to adjust their product the right way to make up for the loss of ambience. The last UFC really felt flat and I also think it kinda messed with the fighters that they weren't able to feed off the crowd, or just didn't really feel the pressure, which lead to some lackluster fights, IMO. If this is on an island they should just do it outdoors if possible, that would at least bring the ambience.