WME May Be Putting An End To "The Ultimate Fighter"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Kind of surprised how much they are changing with the UFC. TUF seemed like a great way to cultivate new talent. Maybe this means they want a leaner roster too?

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Big changes for sure.

Ultimate fighter wasn't drawing all that well anyways. Seems that they are trying to trim anywhere they can. Money could be spent better somewhere Else... or saved

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
The past few seasons have been brutal to watch. I was hopeful with this season with the whole everyone is a champ thing.....but, I barely made it through the two hour premier and haven't gone back to watch the rest. Maybe it's because I don't give a shit about the coaches, maybe it's because I don't give a shit about any of the fighters yet.
Personally, I would want them to have one more comeback season and call it a day. I loved the first comeback season and would love to see it done again.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I don't care for the coaches this season, especially Cejudo...that is one weird dude. But the fights that I have seen this season have been really good. All finishes.

TD_TSW

The Sports Warriors, a new combat sports talk show
Jun 6, 2016

Kind of surprised how much they are changing with the UFC. TUF seemed like a great way to cultivate new talent. Maybe this means they want a leaner roster too?
with all the layoffs, so to see the roster cut. This is only the tip of the ice berg because of the debt they have. WME-IMG is cutting all the same positions the UFC has. We will also start seeing more of the celebs that are the backers help promoting the UFC (IE. Conan having a UFC type segment now on his late night talk show) 2017 might be very different for the MMA World

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Big changes for sure.

Ultimate fighter wasn't drawing all that well anyways. Seems that they are trying to trim anywhere they can. Money could be spent better somewhere Else... or saved
Don't they make money on tuf? I'm completely clueless as to who pays who for what and all that, but figured they pay for production of the show and everything and in return, sell it to the network, who then makes their money on t.v ads and such. Also, if I have it ass backwards and if they aren't making money in the show, the whole thing is a massive write off and basically free exposure.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good.stop flooding the ufc with guys who have no business being there.there has been some legit talent come up through tuf but a lot of cannon fodder as well.let those guys fight for someone else and the cream will rise to the top then take the best of the best and sign those guys.

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Good.stop flooding the ufc with guys who have no business being there.there has been some legit talent come up through the but a lot of cannon fodder as well.let those guys fight for someone else and the cream will rise to the top then take the best of the best and sign those guys.
Bottom line is a reality show of amateur, non-Conor type dudes who are training, not fucking any chicks and acting like bros doesn't sell shit. WME|IMG might be able to sell this sport to the public better than the knuckledraggers that used to work for Zuffa.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
This season intrigued me, but I stopped watching around the HW season, was the Cruz Faber one before or after that? Around then. The talent in the show was just shocking, I understand having a forumla but you gotta have actual shit worth watching.

Forget TUF, develop a "feeder league" which you air on free TV and is just a simple production with simple fights that has a simple hierachy that is clear who gets in and out of the UFC. Great way to test guys without me having to fast forward 45 minutes of TV just to see one 2 round fight.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This season intrigued me, but I stopped watching around the HW season, was the Cruz Faber one before or after that? Around then. The talent in the show was just shocking, I understand having a forumla but you gotta have actual shit worth watching.

Forget TUF, develop a "feeder league" which you air on free TV and is just a simple production with simple fights that has a simple hierachy that is clear who gets in and out of the UFC. Great way to test guys without me having to fast forward 45 minutes of TV just to see one 2 round fight.
I agree but I doubt WME-IMG would put in the time and effort for a feeder league, it works well in soccer with Portugal,france and holland feeding guys to england,italy,spain and Germany

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
They should do a comeback season once every 4 years - like the Olympics. otherwise.
bye.
LOL & I was almost on the first season.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I didnt watch 5 minutes of this season, which kinda sucks because Chief @Chief said it's one of their better one's with the change in production.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Replacing it with the ultimate ring girl. Cool.

For real they wanna or are in the process of doing a show based on the octagon girls