‘Cyborg’ Santos undergoes successful seven-hour surgery

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

Evangelista Santos finally underwent surgery on Wednesday, and it was a success.

The Brazilian MMA veteran suffered a fracture in his skull during a welterweight clash with Michael Pageat Bellator 158 on July 16, and underwent surgery 11 days later in Houston, Texas, to fix the injury.

"I had surgery yesterday, and thank God everything went fine," Santos told MMA Fighting on Thursday. "It lasted seven hours, and the hospital will give Bellator a full report later today. God guided the doctors in this surgery so everything went well."

Prior to the surgery, Santos (21-18) toldMMA Fighting that he was planning on fighting 10 more times before retiring. A day after the procedure, "Cyborg" has yet to know when he will be cleared to train again.

"They didn’t tell me anything about timetable for recovery yet," he said. "I’ll be released from hospital today, and then they will tell me how long it will take. But it will be fast. I’ll be back soon."

Full story here-
LINK: ‘Cyborg’ Santos undergoes successful seven-hour surgery

P

Punch

Evangelista Santos finally underwent surgery on Wednesday, and it was a success.

The Brazilian MMA veteran suffered a fracture in his skull during a welterweight clash with Michael Pageat Bellator 158 on July 16, and underwent surgery 11 days later in Houston, Texas, to fix the injury.

"I had surgery yesterday, and thank God everything went fine," Santos told MMA Fighting on Thursday. "It lasted seven hours, and the hospital will give Bellator a full report later today. God guided the doctors in this surgery so everything went well."

Prior to the surgery, Santos (21-18) toldMMA Fighting that he was planning on fighting 10 more times before retiring. A day after the procedure, "Cyborg" has yet to know when he will be cleared to train again.

"They didn’t tell me anything about timetable for recovery yet," he said. "I’ll be released from hospital today, and then they will tell me how long it will take. But it will be fast. I’ll be back soon."

Full story here-
LINK: ‘Cyborg’ Santos undergoes successful seven-hour surgery
Glad he's ok. Hope he knows when to fold 'em.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
God guided the doctors in this surgery so everything went well.
So if it wouldn't have gone well, then.. what, Satan would have guided the doctors?

Glad he is fine, I just think he should thank the ones who deserve it before all else - the doctors. He can thank god his injury wasn't worse tho.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Glad he is fine, I just think he should thank the ones who deserve it before all else - the doctors. He can thank god his injury wasn't worse tho.
Best you'd probably get would be "Thank God for blessing those surgeons with such skill!"

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So if it wouldn't have gone well, then.. what, Satan would have guided the doctors?

Was gonna post the same thing. Those surgeons busted their asses in medical school and doing their rounds. Give them the credit. Talk about entitled.

Oh well, I'm glad he's ok.

P

Punch

Was gonna post the same thing. Those surgeons busted their asses in medical school and doing their rounds. Give them the credit. Talk about entitled.

Oh well, I'm glad he's ok.
Jesus take the scapel.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

god gave him the injury as a test of his faith he passed the test so he guided the doctors through 20 years of studies and practice =)