‘Highly leveraged’ Endeavor continues to feel financial pressure

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

There appears to be no end in sight for Endeavor’s financial woes.

Just days after the Hollywood conglomerate announced lay offs, furloughs, and pay cuts for approximately 2500 employees — roughly one third of the company — it has now been hit with a credit rating drop from financial services company Moody’s.

Moody’s, which joined S&P Global Ratings in downgrading Endeavor sizeable debt from stable to negative, claimed that the company “has maintained very high leverage levels and issued additional debt to help fund acquisitions historically.”

“WME IMG is expected to have adequate liquidity due to cash on the balance sheet ($145 million pro forma for the…

‘Highly leveraged’ Endeavor continues to feel financial pressure

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It'd be nice if someone could come in and buy the UFC away, fire Dana and return MMA to it's glory...

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
The guys at WME: now we really need to make more interim titles and other belts to spark that interest

Although... "Open Weight Fight Island Lineal Champion" would sound extremely intriguing. Minimal Ruleset. No Usada. Crocodiles. Moat. Ramp.
Would pay off all debt.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It'd be nice if someone could come in and buy the UFC away, fire Dana and return MMA to it's glory...
I think any potential UFC buyer would be afraid that Dana will start a rival promotion and just keep him in place like Ari did.

I think it's a highly misplaced fear but I think we are stuck with the cunt for a long time because of it.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
I think any potential UFC buyer would be afraid that Dana will start a rival promotion and just keep him in place like Ari did.

I think it's a highly misplaced fear but I think we are stuck with the cunt for a long time because of it.
they could get him to sign a deal like the one which fucked sakikabara over

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

He'd have a no-compete clause and frankly he isn't the selling point for fans and the amount of cash loss a company would have to endure to start a new promotion with him is not palatable to investors particularly on the level it would have to be to compete with the UFC.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He'd have a no-compete clause and frankly he isn't the selling point for fans and the amount of cash loss a company would have to endure to start a new promotion with him is not palatable to investors particularly on the level it would have to be to compete with the UFC.
We don't know what his contract situation is with a non compete clause - if he is fired, I doubt it would be structured in such a way to keep him out for too long a period.

You have to remember, he is a fucking retard. He's a college dropout with very limited intelligence. All he knows how to do is allow smarter people under him to run a cage fighting organization while he runs his mouth. It's not like he even knows how to invest his vast wealth to start other businesses - he just spends it on gambling, whores and other frivolous shit like driveway snow.

He keeps trying to get his boxing promotion off the ground. He would try the same with MMA and he would definitely get backers initially just because of his name.

But I agree that before too long, the UFC infrastructure would easily crush him. I just think they would be worried about it.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
We don't know what his contract situation is with a non compete clause - if he is fired, I doubt it would be structured in such a way to keep him out for too long a period.

You have to remember, he is a fucking retard. He's a college dropout with very limited intelligence. All he knows how to do is allow smarter people under him to run a cage fighting organization while he runs his mouth. It's not like he even knows how to invest his vast wealth to start other businesses - he just spends it on gambling, whores and other frivolous shit like driveway snow.

He keeps trying to get his boxing promotion off the ground. He would try the same with MMA and he would definitely get backers initially just because of his name.

But I agree that before too long, the UFC infrastructure would easily crush him. I just think they would be worried about it.
I mostly agree with all the above.

Putting myself in the UFC's shoes I wouldn't even worry. The cost of entry into US MMA is just too high for such a super risky venture. I doubt anyone would back him. MAYBE an org like ONE (break into US) or Bellator would bring him in because of that name value in a ceremonial, non-operations position (which he'd probably have to sit on the shelf for 3 years to do), but to give him money to start new....... I doubt anyone would even consider it... or worry about that possibility...