‘Rampage’ Jackson regrets starting MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Now living more than 1,500 miles away from most of his family, Quinton Jackson had to give up being close with them for mixed martial arts. And that’s something he ultimately regrets, despite the fame that has come along with prize fighting.

Quinton Jackson has gone very far in the sport of mixed martial arts. He has won the UFC light heavyweight championship, is known for his outgoing personality and the “Rampage” slam, and is ultimately a star who will be remembered. But perhaps to some surprise, Jackson’s biggest regret is becoming a prize fighter in the first place.

“I would have to honestly say that my biggest regret is even starting this sport,” Jackson told ESPN. “I think I would’ve lived a different life if I would have stayed home in Memphis and worked at the family…

‘Rampage’ regrets starting MMA: ‘I feel like I lost my family’

Last edited:

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
The schizo is strong with this one. Family man Rampage Jackson. Yeah, right.

On an almost unrelated and completely name-dropping note, a long time back when Jackson was new to MMA, a coach of mine tried to set up a fight between him and I. This was back in the day when Jackson was throwing people on their heads just to show he could do it. I had almost zero wresting ability, and overall not a lot of fighting experience. It would have been a Travis Fulton vs. Jeremy Bullock situation. The promotor said no. Thank you promoter!

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Looking back now I'm sure he does feel that way, but to be real ...had he not found fighting and became such a talented fighter he most likely would have found trouble in that Memphis area and could have easily wound up in jail or even lost his life hanging out in the slums playing the street game.

IMO ...Rampage may not realize it or appreciate it, but the fight game has been a blessing in disguise.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I know exactly how Rampage feels.

I used to spend so much of my time sexually harassing women and killing fetuses that I never stopped to think about spending more time with my 2nd cousin. Luckily Jesus approached me in the parking lot behind a Dairy Queen and told me that I could have more, if I would just agree to whine about absolutely everything until the end of my days.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I know exactly how Rampage feels.

I used to spend so much of my time sexually harassing women and killing fetuses that I never stopped to think about spending more time with my 2nd cousin. Luckily Jesus approached me in the parking lot behind a Dairy Queen and told me that I could have more, if I would just agree to whine about absolutely everything until the end of my days.
Hahahahaha!!!

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The schizo is strong with this one. Family man Rampage Jackson. Yeah, right.

On an almost unrelated and completely name-dropping note, a long time back when Jackson was new to MMA, a coach of mine tried to set up a fight between him and I. This was back in the day when Jackson was throwing people on their heads just to show he could do it. I had almost zero wresting ability, and overall not a lot of fighting experience. It would have been a Travis Fulton vs. Jeremy Bullock situation. The promotor said no. Thank you promoter!
The Fulton vs bullock fight was epic. Maybe not so much the fight, but the pre-fight antics by bullock. So amped to be in there and about to show the world what a badass he and his tma was. Screaming, doing nifty kicks, flexing his lats...it was awesome. Even better was I knew a guy that looked just like him, and he would do the lat flexing when he got drunk. He was skinny as shit and a total pussy, but after a few drinks and a little motivation he was ready to start a fight (usually with a chick lol).

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Nothing at all against construction workers but he's out of his mind. He's made WAY more than he ever would if he stayed in Memphis and for much less effort. I think he forgets or underestimates how much of a grind a manual job is.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Everyone has regrets when they get older. I missed out on WAY to many important family milestones that can never be duplicated. The difference is Rampage made millions doing what he loves and should be able to comfortably retire at 40. I will still be working when I'm 70 (if I live that long) and probably won't have shit to leave behind for my kids. He has lived like a rockstar and should still have many years to make up for lost time with family.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
MANY fighters have that same sentiment.. Cannot fault Rampage for having or expressing it.
This. And to those saying Rampage made millions, do you really think he'd be trying to set up a rematch with King Mo if he still had any of it? Quinton is probably close to bankruptcy if not already in it. Do people really believe fighters his age come back to test themselves? Wut?

Nov 21, 2015
Looking back now I'm sure he does feel that way, but to be real ...had he not found fighting and became such a talented fighter he most likely would have found trouble in that Memphis area and could have easily wound up in jail or even lost his life hanging out in the slums playing the street game.

IMO ...Rampage may not realize it or appreciate it, but the fight game has been a blessing in disguise.

THIS!

Sick and tired of fighters that "Made it" bitching and whining man. And I am truly the biggest
Rampage nuthugger you'll ever meet! Next to maybe Honda I don't back any fighters
as much as I swing from Rampage nuts... But this is garbage dude.

No ones life choices are "perfect." 20/20 Hindsight is just that... "HINDSIGHT"

The measuring stick is... Is your life better or worse after MMA?

Pages is obviously hella better. Period

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Hes made millions.

More than enough money to visit his family numerous times throughout the year.

Instead he decides to stay in California and play video games 24\7

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hes made millions.

More than enough money to visit his family numerous times throughout the year.

Instead he decides to stay in California and play video games 24\7
Dude lives on Twitch. Sorry but I got no sympathy.