‘Savage’ Dillon Danis may have suffered a concussion during UFC 229 brawl, went clubbing anyway

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

onor McGregor’s jiu-jitsu coach, Dillon Danis, didn’t let a post-fight scuffle at UFC 229 with Khabib Nurmagomedov (and his entourage) stop him from hitting up the club later that night in Las Vegas, Nevada.

According to current Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight contender Brian Ortega, Danis was riding solo at a popular night spot in “Sin City” when their paths crossed. After a brief discussion, “T-City” managed to get some inside info as to what exactly prompted “The Eagle” to soar out of the cage.

“First I was like, ‘Damn, what are you doing here – especially alone? I was like, ‘This guy is a savage here,’” said Ortega during a conversation with TMZ Sports (via MMA Junkie). “He was respectful. He said, ‘Hey man, you’re holding it down for the jiu-jitsu community. I admire you. I appreciate it.’ He was cool about the whole situation,” he added.

“He wouldn’t really tell me much. He was just like, ‘Yeah, man, (expletive) got crazy. These guys started throwing, I started throwing.’ One of his eyes was swollen. He was just like, ‘Yeah, man, I think they gave me a concussion.’ So he got down, too.”

After seeing plenty of different angels and footage of the melee, Danis can be seen getting clocked twice in the back of the head by one of Khabib’s teammates, which may have caused the alleged head injury. While that was transpiring, McGregor was also struck from behind by one of Nurmagomedov’s teammates inside the Octagon.

‘Savage’ Dillon Danis may have suffered a concussion during UFC 229 brawl, went clubbing anyway