‘The Expanse’ Star Cas Anvar Under Investigation Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019

‘The Expanse’ Star Cas Anvar Under Investigation Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

By Nellie Andreeva
June 26, 2020 10:59pm

The Expanse studio Alcon Entertainment has launched an independent investigation after series’ star Cas Anvar this week faced numerous accusations of sexual harassment and sexual assault.

The controversy snowballed over the last couple of days, with more women coming forward, sharing their stories on Twitter, including screen shots of what they say were inappropriate messages from Anvar. None of the alleged sexual assault incidents happened on the set of the sci-fi series, which was picked up by Amazon after its cancelation by Syfy, with multiple cases involving fan conventions.

Daniel Abraham, one of the co-authors of The Expanse book series, which the TV show is based on, revealed that after they found out that a cast member had been accused of sexual misconduct, they “immediately passed these serious accusations onto the studio, Alcon. Alcon has engaged an independent firm to investigate this matter and takes these allegations very seriously.”

The account of James S. A. Corey, the pen name authors Abraham and Ty Franck use for The Expanse series, also tweeted news of the investigation, thanking the women who spoke up.

Alcon confirmed to Deadline that the company very recently became aware of the allegations and immediately hired an independent investigator, declining comment on an ongoing investigation. A rep for Anvar has not responded to an email seeking comment.

The accusations against Anvar gained visibility in a Reddit thread which aggregated all claims, and also featured Abraham and Corey’s tweets and reactions from Expanse cast members. That includes Dominique Tipper, whose statement was posted through the Corey’s account, Steven Strait and Wes Chatham.

After three seasons on Syfy, The Expansewas picked up by Amazon. Its fourth season was released on the streamer last December. The series has been renewed for a fifth season.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
I've never seen the series.
Is it worth a watch?
And is this person one of the main stars? Meaning is he about to get fired/replaced due to this story?

Namaste

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019
Is it worth a watch?
And is this person one of the main stars? Meaning is he about to get fired/replaced due to this story?

Namaste
Good Sci-Fi.

First 2 seasons were great. 3rd season was good.

He's a central character. But I wouldn't say a main character. Unfortunate to see him go. Good actor but he could be replaced.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Is it worth a watch?

Namaste
You’re in the geek forum, are you a geek?
If yes, the series will be fun
If no, well you know where I’m going with this

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Is it worth a watch?

Namaste
yes but you will probably need to watch youtube recap videos and pay attention because a ton of things are being thrown at you im in the middle of season 2 and I barely learned all the groups belters,earthers,martians and I think that is it.