‘Wonderboy’ wants to ban side kicks to the knee after tearing MCL

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
So let's ban punches too? And head kicks. And joint locks. Lol gtfoohwtbs.
unsportsmanlike, you illiterate punk. i already bitch-slapped a dumbass over stuff like this. read back over the thread and pick up that burn, which is intended for you, also.

mike wink is an irresponsible asshole just thinking about his dinner:

"I definitely have my fighters throw a front kick to the knee. I see it as a very legit technique and not nearly as dangerous as punching or kicking someone in the head. I believe it is starting to add a new dynamic to the game because fighters have to worry about their base being taken out of their attacks even more than before. I also would rather have dinner in twenty years with a fighter who limps into the restaurant than with the fighter who can't remember his own name, because he never stopped his opponent's striking advances. The knee joint is very strong if people know how to defend that kick properly."

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
been thinking about wink's bullshit here. what a fucker he is.

1) he assumes that if you get a knee injury that you won't get a head injury. well that's bullshit, if a fighter gets injured mid-fight, i'd suggest that makes them more likely to get head trauma, all other things being equal

2) maybe he is hoping that the fight ends at the point of knee injury, to preserve the fighter's brain. which implies that he hopes to see fight-ending injuries, doesn't it? well fuck that.

3) who the fuck wants the stand up dynamic in mma to change, to add in fighters being worried about getting their knees blown out? that is not progress and would not encourage exciting free-flowing action. i would suggest it would make fighters more cautious.

4) just because it is possible to defend them well has no bearing on the debate. good jiu-jitsu fighters can defend against headbutts. fuck suggesting they should be legal on that basis lol.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
To all those saying "you can't defend them" please watch Firas talk about the subject with Joe....

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I do not remember it ever happening.
ya, me either...I actually have been thinking and re read my post once and thought it over again.

A Silva didn't use it then, that is for sure.

it is odd that it wasn't used occasionally

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
ya, me either...I actually have been thinking and re read my post once and thought it over again.

A Silva didn't use it then, that is for sure.

it is odd that it wasn't used occasionally
MMA is weird like that. I don't think I ever saw a front kick in MMA before Anderson and I never saw an Anaconda (neither did Bas) before Nog wrapped one on. MMA has been a SUPER trendy sport over the years...