“I Mean Shucks…” Mark Hunt Ready to Spearhead MMA Fighters Association

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
War Hunt.

Unfortunately, this is like the failed Turkey coup.

If it fails, everyone involved will be gone.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

After purchasing the UFC back in 2000 for just $2 million, the Fertitta brothers transformed it into an International corporate franchise with some $600 million per year in revenues, and most recently sold the company for a staggering $4 billion.

One reason why potential buyers found the UFC so attractive is that reports have suggested that only 10% of its revenues go to its fighters – the men and women who literally shed blood for the sport.

Another selling point is that the UFC effectively control the MMA market and are basically able to set the agenda without any consideration given to the athletes who fight under the UFC banner.

One of the UFC’s most beloved fighters wants to see all of that changed. That fighter is our very own Mark Hunt.

Talking exclusively with MarkHunt.TV, the man commonly known as the “Super Samoan”, spoke about his latest frustrations surrounding fighting two consecutive opponents who had previously been flagged for doping violations. He now wants to use this as motivation to see fighters come together and form a UFC fighters association.

“The way I see it, the Brock Lesnar doping thing is just another reason why we need a fighter’s association,” Hunt said via phone interview. “These guys are just making up the rules as they go.

Full article:

Mark Hunt Calls For Fighters Association And Says He Is The Man To Lead It

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Disagree completely. He's calm and collected. I love hunt but he can't control his temper. As seen from all his stuff on facebook.
Well I'm not that connected to either one, so dunno what Hunt does on FB. But somebody who is not calm and collected and can't control his temper.. is DW.., but you could be right about Hunt not being the man for the job either.
Maybe someone like Cruz, or even (yeah I'm going there), Chael. Someone who is intelligent, direct and not afraid to be an asshole when its needed. But they might be too close to the UFC.

Either way, GSP may be calm and collected, but the way it seems to me, he is not the dude that makes fast strong decisions, stands for them, and most of all, communicates them well. I could be off, but he strikes me as someone who can be a great part of a team-effort, but not necessarily the boss.

Royce Nelson

Iron sharpens something
Dec 31, 2015
Well I'm not that connected to either one, so dunno what Hunt does on FB. But somebody who is not calm and collected and can't control his temper.. is DW.., but you could be right about Hunt not being the man for the job either.
Maybe someone like Cruz, or even (yeah I'm going there), Chael. Someone who is intelligent, direct and not afraid to be an asshole when its needed. But they might be too close to the UFC.

Either way, GSP may be calm and collected, but the way it seems to me, he is not the dude that makes fast strong decisions, stands for them, and most of all, communicates them well. I could be off, but he strikes me as someone who can be a great part of a team-effort, but not necessarily the boss.
Yeah I get what you're saying. I thought GSP was the dude especially in his prime because he was such a big name. He never did it though. I just don't think Hunt has the wits or the power to do it.

rIKmAN

Posting Machine
Jun 20, 2016
The fact that they haven’t even bothered to make contact with me since all of this happened just proves they don’t care.

This sounds eerily similar to a certain other (supposedly) UFC/Zuffa owned forum we all know of, don't ya think?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

This sounds eerily similar to a certain other (supposedly) UFC/Zuffa owned forum we all know of, don't ya think?
I've been saying that for years dude. They way they manage their businesses (purely greed driven) and the attitude they share towards their customers (fuck you if you dont like it), are virtually identical. I dont know if that's coincidence or what.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You know Mark is pissed beyond belief to speak out like this, and put his career with the UFC at risk to do so. I know he's always been crazy at times, but this is more than that. He's angry, hurt, and had enough IMO.

rIKmAN

Posting Machine
Jun 20, 2016
I've been saying that for years dude. They way they manage their businesses (purely greed driven) and the attitude they share towards their customers (fuck you if you dont like it), are virtually identical. I dont know if that's coincidence or what.
I guess stranger things have happened, but doesn't pass the smell test for me given they are so tightly woven within the same industry.