“I Mean Shucks…” Mark Hunt Ready to Spearhead MMA Fighters Association

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
Original article here - “I Mean Shucks…” Mark Hunt Ready to Spearhead MMA Fighters Association

The MMA Fighters Association, an organization which has struggled in securing the public support of active UFC stars may have just found their most high profile spokesman thanks to an unusual source; performance enhancing drugs.

In the wake of a $4 Billion sale, many fighters have been questioning their perceived value. Movement for organization has been growing but, hampered by fear of promoter backfire, progress has been slow.

Now, thanks to hits to the head by an alleged PED using opponent, the MMAFA may have found the star spokesman they have been looking for.

Mark Hunt, who took a terrific bludgeoing at the hands of an opponent who the UFC allowed to have a Testosterone Replacemet Therapy Therapeutic Use Exemption in 2013 (ie a permission slip for steroids) has been none too pleased at the news that his opponent at UFC 200 has reportedly failed two separate tests for banned substances. His displeasure amplified by the fact that the UFC waived the 4 month drug testing period for the returning Lesnar.

Hunt has now publicly called for a Fighters Association with the following comments published at MarkHunt.tv

The way I see it, the Brock Lesnar doping thing is just another reason why we need a fighter’s association. These guys are just making up the rules as they go.

First the Reebok thing, then Brock’s 4 month testing exemption. Conor gets pulled off a card for not going to a press conference that me or Brock didn’t go to anyway. Work that out. There’s probably a heap of others.

You just have to look at how Ariel gets his media pass taken away cause he broke a story about Brock, then he gets it back when other media stood up for him and called out the UFC. These guys are just making sh*t it up as they go.

Yet fighters refuse to support other fighters when they f*ck us over.

They say they are cleaning up the sport, yet I’ve risked my health two times against guys cheating since this USADA thing started. I was told Brock was gonna be tested when I took the fight, he comes in looking fricken juicy as hell and then I find out he’s popped after the PPV has already been sold.

It’s ridiculous. The fact that they haven’t even bothered to make contact with me since all of this happened just proves they don’t care.

I don’t even know how he made 265lbs that guy, he looked about 500kgs. I mean shucks, look at the pictures and tell me this guy passed the smell test that Jeff guy talks about. I mean even the other passport stuff, which is supposed to be important for testing, they woulda had none of that from Brock because of the exemption.

If you ask me the whole point of the four month testing period should be to make sure someone doesn’t pop back in, juiced to the gills, and beat the crap out of the guys who are clean and have been clean and tested this whole time.

I’m pretty sure all of this stuff is just there to look good for the sale if you ask me.

Once they decided they were gunna cut Conor out, they didn’t care, they just needed a name to make 200 big. Exemptions for Brock but not for Conor, I don’t know how you can just do that.

These guys have lined there pockets with our blood if you ask me. I mean they deserve to get paid no doubt, they took the UFC from nothing into what it is today, but come on, most of the guys fighting, get paid nothing and have no benefits.

If you ask me there needs to be a system where they at least run things past the fighters before making these decisions and the fighters can look out for each other. We need an association where we can have our voices heard. We are massive reason why fans watch the sport and we risk our health to do it.

I’m not worried about the UFC, Shucks, I’ve been fighting my whole life. Fighting to survive in my home, to the ring and now cage. These guys didn’t even want me in the UFC but here I am. I’m not scared of them.

I’m not sure what its like in the states, but in Australia workers stick together to make sure their voice is heard. Lots of guys have talked about this, but someone needs to make this happen and I’m happy for it to be me.

I mean shucks I’m not an expert on all this, but me and my team have been talking to the experts about how to make this a reality

To the fighters listening to this I want them to get in touch with me via my Facebook page and we can get thing going. I won’t name anyone until we sort it all out, but get in touch and lets make this happen.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thx for sharing ErikMagraken @ErikMagraken. The momentum seems to be building more than ever for a Fighters Association. Hopefully someone like Mark can encourage more to come forward.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Highest profile guy yet to speak out and he makes some very valid points.
He makes some very valid points. Points that shouldn't be groundbreaking stuff to any fighter on the roster. These things have been going on for years...all the way back to Couture and Fitch.

P

Punch

Original article here - “I Mean Shucks…” Mark Hunt Ready to Spearhead MMA Fighters Association

The MMA Fighters Association, an organization which has struggled in securing the public support of active UFC stars may have just found their most high profile spokesman thanks to an unusual source; performance enhancing drugs.

In the wake of a $4 Billion sale, many fighters have been questioning their perceived value. Movement for organization has been growing but, hampered by fear of promoter backfire, progress has been slow.

Now, thanks to hits to the head by an alleged PED using opponent, the MMAFA may have found the star spokesman they have been looking for.

Mark Hunt, who took a terrific bludgeoing at the hands of an opponent who the UFC allowed to have a Testosterone Replacemet Therapy Therapeutic Use Exemption in 2013 (ie a permission slip for steroids) has been none too pleased at the news that his opponent at UFC 200 has reportedly failed two separate tests for banned substances. His displeasure amplified by the fact that the UFC waived the 4 month drug testing period for the returning Lesnar.

Hunt has now publicly called for a Fighters Association with the following comments published at MarkHunt.tv

The way I see it, the Brock Lesnar doping thing is just another reason why we need a fighter’s association. These guys are just making up the rules as they go.

First the Reebok thing, then Brock’s 4 month testing exemption. Conor gets pulled off a card for not going to a press conference that me or Brock didn’t go to anyway. Work that out. There’s probably a heap of others.

You just have to look at how Ariel gets his media pass taken away cause he broke a story about Brock, then he gets it back when other media stood up for him and called out the UFC. These guys are just making sh*t it up as they go.

They say they are cleaning up the sport, yet I’ve risked my health two times against guys cheating since this USADA thing started. I was told Brock was gonna be tested when I took the fight, he comes in looking fricken juicy as hell and then I find out he’s popped after the PPV has already been sold.

It’s ridiculous. The fact that they haven’t even bothered to make contact with me since all of this happened just proves they don’t care.

I don’t even know how he made 265lbs that guy, he looked about 500kgs. I mean shucks, look at the pictures and tell me this guy passed the smell test that Jeff guy talks about. I mean even the other passport stuff, which is supposed to be important for testing, they woulda had none of that from Brock because of the exemption.

If you ask me the whole point of the four month testing period should be to make sure someone doesn’t pop back in, juiced to the gills, and beat the crap out of the guys who are clean and have been clean and tested this whole time.

I’m pretty sure all of this stuff is just there to look good for the sale if you ask me.

Once they decided they were gunna cut Conor out, they didn’t care, they just needed a name to make 200 big. Exemptions for Brock but not for Conor, I don’t know how you can just do that.

These guys have lined there pockets with our blood if you ask me. I mean they deserve to get paid no doubt, they took the UFC from nothing into what it is today, but come on, most of the guys fighting, get paid nothing and have no benefits.

If you ask me there needs to be a system where they at least run things past the fighters before making these decisions and the fighters can look out for each other. We need an association where we can have our voices heard. We are massive reason why fans watch the sport and we risk our health to do it.

I’m not worried about the UFC, Shucks, I’ve been fighting my whole life. Fighting to survive in my home, to the ring and now cage. These guys didn’t even want me in the UFC but here I am. I’m not scared of them.

I’m not sure what its like in the states, but in Australia workers stick together to make sure their voice is heard. Lots of guys have talked about this, but someone needs to make this happen and I’m happy for it to be me.

I mean shucks I’m not an expert on all this, but me and my team have been talking to the experts about how to make this a reality

To the fighters listening to this I want them to get in touch with me via my Facebook page and we can get thing going. I won’t name anyone until we sort it all out, but get in touch and lets make this happen.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
Was about to post this.

Can't the ufc just release him and we can all go back to business? I so want Mark Hunt to join the Rizin openweight tournament. I know it would suck for the rest of the ufc fighters if Hunt dropped this mma association thing, but hey two things you need to be careful where you put them and all that...

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
Was about to post this.

Can't the ufc just release him and we can all go back to business? I so want Mark Hunt to join the Rizin openweight tournament. I know it would suck for the rest of the ufc fighters if Hunt dropped this mma association thing, but hey two things you need to be careful where you put them and all that...
If his concern is fighting roiders I don't think Rizin is the place to go...

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"We got the test samples mixed up. Hunt was the one with 2 positives i told you goofs dont count your eggs until they hatch." -DFW

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
yea no one getting tested there but he wouldnt have to fight as tough of competition at least. land the 1 hitter quitter and collect a paycheck.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Well shucks, hahaha.

I like it. What an unusual person to spearhead the movement, he's not someone I remember being very vocal in the past, it was always Randy or Aldo. But I'm not complaining.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
If you think Hunt never roided I'm affraid you are being terribly mistaken. If that was his issue as you claim, he wouldn't be fighting for Pride and K1 back in the day either. What Hunt is concerned about is his opponent being able to juice while he isn't. He wants a level playing field.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Great link. Hunt seems to be becoming a figurehead for the sport. How weird is this?

His point about taking a beating is legit. That was a hell of a beating he took.

Just need the king of PED matchups Bisping to be on his side and they have a team. Bisping talks a lot of shit about that but he's so UFC his walkout music might as well be Face the Pain. He wouldnt ever put his name to this.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Perfect. Good for Mark Hunt to have some backbone and lay it all out there. Now hopefully others start to follow his lead and this thing gets going.

"We are massive reason why fans watch the sport and we risk our health to do it."

Actually, the ONLY reason. Nobody pays the ppv or ticket price to hear Dana White and Joe Rogan yell superlatives at each other and Goldberg/Buffer to scream out the exact same stupid 5 lines they have every single event.

Apr 3, 2015
Hunt has always been a man of a few words.

He just said a lot here.
exactly this.

Mark doesnt say much at the best of times, so this coming from him he must be VERY upset.

what makes me the MOST pissed about this whole thing? that the UFC hasnt contacted Mark yet about this situation.

FUCK THE UFC....its things like this that guarantee they will never get another dime from me.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

Is this the most winning post ever here?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
what makes me the MOST pissed about this whole thing? that the UFC hasnt contacted Mark yet about this situation.
That stood out to me too.

I've always been a fan of Hunt, but this situation makes me like him even more. Props to him for being vocal about this.

I assume the bout will be changed to a NC, right? Has that been announced yet?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I never once thought Hunt would be the guy to speak up like this but he did a great opening speech imo. He's one of the most liked and respected old school guys around so I think his words carry a lot of weight. This reminds me of the older guys nearing retirement I work with who give zero fucks about speaking their mind. I always admire the hell out of those guys and see it as one of the perks of aging.

WAR HUNTO!