General “New California” declares independence

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

PaleAndGangly

Pro Member
Oct 20, 2015
A group hoping to breakaway from California because of high taxes and their unhappiness with how the state is run has declared independence for ‘New California.’
The group’s leaders released a Declaration of Independence on Monday in the hopes that it will eventually lead to independence from the state capitol, Sacramento.

Unlike the Calexit movement, which is looking for independence from the United States for the entire state of California, the New California group wants to remain a part of the US but it no longer wants to be governed by the state of California.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
A group hoping to breakaway from California because of high taxes and their unhappiness with how the state is run has declared independence for ‘New California.’
The group’s leaders released a Declaration of Independence on Monday in the hopes that it will eventually lead to independence from the state capitol, Sacramento.

Unlike the Calexit movement, which is looking for independence from the United States for the entire state of California, the New California group wants to remain a part of the US but it no longer wants to be governed by the state of California.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Maybe elect some businessmen/fiscally responsible people?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
lol the shittiest part of California(pictured in blue) wants to move away from the part of California that makes all the money has the best climate and has most of the population(the coast).

I really do hope they leave most of the inland sucks dick. only mendocino and some of the norcal places would suck to lose.

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the only parts of California that have a legitimate gripe here might be orange county and san diego because they are areas that generate money and contribute something to California ,the rest of those areas are forest,desert or wild fire area mountains..

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the treasonous blue area is going to have a rough time when the coastal california cuts off the ports on the them.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
the only parts of California that have a legitimate gripe here might be orange county and san diego because they are areas that generate money and contribute something to California ,the rest of those areas are forest,desert or wild fire area mountains..
northern Cali is amazing IMO

Mt Shasta area is insane

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
northern Cali is amazing IMO

Mt Shasta area is insane
I agree but they don't make any money on their own separation from the coast would not go good for them . they would become like other mountain town across the u.s a bunch of meth labs and xanax. the inland empire and other inland areas already have a meth and pill problem.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
lol the shittiest part of California(pictured in blue) wants to move away from the part of California that makes all the money has the best climate and has most of the population(the coast).

I really do hope they leave most of the inland sucks dick. only mendocino and some of the norcal places would suck to lose.
Can you layman terms what the fuck's going on for me please? I have no idea about article 4 and section 3 for a start.

What does this mean for Santa Clara Valley?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I agree but they don't make any money on their own separation from the coast would not go good for them . they would become like other mountain town across the u.s a bunch of meth labs and xanax. the inland empire and other inland areas already have a meth and pill problem.
Yes it is a retire/hide out part of the state

I don't do big cities, so it is my type of spot.

Probably end up there when I am older....Hills above yreka looking at MT. Shasta

Lemurians live in the ground up there and control the world
@Masato Toys

Hiked here a few weeks back....amazing spot>Castle Crags

M

member 3289

RT News lol

Also, in the unlikely event that this really is true, can they take New York and New Jersey with them?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Can you layman terms what the fuck's going on for me please? I have no idea about article 4 and section 3 for a start.

What does this mean for Santa Clara Valley?
seems like you are going to avoid living in the dystopian mad max California pictured in blue,we are in the yellow.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
How does one quantify that?
most of the population lives on the coast any thing that makes money is there. the ports are also there. rent prices are higher and property value is higher. people come from all over the planet to live there they don't go to tulare or any of the other crappy area pictured in blue in "new California" because it has shittier climate and terrain like desert ,mountains and forrest.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
most of the population lives on the coast any thing that makes money is there. the ports are also there. rent prices are higher and property value is higher.
Isn't that also the area where most of the tax revenue is spent, and the crime is? In addition to the dogshit air quality and the threat of earthquake?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
there is a shitload of crime in the blue in new california it isn't some utopian society.
Does the majority of violent crime not occur in the more heavily populated areas of California? It's certainly possible it doesn't but it would be extremely unique.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Does the majority of violent crime not occur in the more heavily populated areas of California? It's certainly possible it doesn't but it would be extremely unique.
I don't have the time and energy to entertain your trolling this was your original contention was "how does one quantify the coastal California making more money" I already answered that.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don't have the time and energy to entertain your trolling this was your original contention was "how does one quantify the coastal California making more money" I already answered that.
Having population and industry doesn't equate to making money. California has a staggering state debt, and most of it come from the population centers. It would make perfect sense for rural areas that don't typically see the benefits of tax spending not to want to contribute.