VID “Peter Aerts” kick

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Later in his career, Peter would use the hand to hold onto the rope for the kick (in order to get the leg up) ;)

His last great head-kick KO was against Nicholas Pettas.
Knowing Peter, how he fights, you can clearly see it coming, but it still lands satisfyingly!

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
That's a pretty standard set up for a head kick tbh but more often than not the hand is just a feint. In this one the guy actually landed the punch. Cool KO.

And Aerts was a boss. He fought against the elite of HW kickboxing into his 40's and was the only man to beat Semmy Schilt more than once (he did it three times actually). He's as good as a call can be for kickboxing GOAT

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
That's a pretty standard set up for a head kick tbh but more often than not the hand is just a feint. In this one the guy actually landed the punch. Cool KO.

And Aerts was a boss. He fought against the elite of HW kickboxing into his 40's and was the only man to beat Semmy Schilt more than once (he did it three times actually). He's as good as a call can be for kickboxing GOAT
I love Aerts but IMO kickboxing GOAT is a Mr Ernesto Hoost.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I love Aerts but IMO kickboxing GOAT is a Mr Ernesto Hoost.
Hoost definitely had more finesse to his style and was picture perfect dutch kickboxing technique in motion. Aerts had more grit and sheer toughness and his longevity was insane. When you think of their nicknames - "Mr. Perfect" and "Mr. K-1" - they suit them perfectly.

if you look at accomplishments alone Semmy Schilt stands above them all but his style was remarkably ugly. Petrosyan and Buakaw are good calls too. if you talk to hardcore fans they tend to lean more towards Aerts

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Later in his career, Peter would use the hand to hold onto the rope for the kick (in order to get the leg up) ;)

His last great head-kick KO was against Nicholas Pettas.
Knowing Peter, how he fights, you can clearly see it coming, but it still lands satisfyingly!

Legend.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Hoost definitely had more finesse to his style and was picture perfect dutch kickboxing technique in motion. Aerts had more grit and sheer toughness and his longevity was insane. When you think of their nicknames - "Mr. Perfect" and "Mr. K-1" - they suit them perfectly.

if you look at accomplishments alone Semmy Schilt stands above them all but his style was remarkably ugly. Petrosyan and Buakaw are good calls too. if you talk to hardcore fans they tend to lean more towards Aerts
You know your fighters. Schilt, big motherfucker, and ugly style but so effective.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

This is why I love this place. Great post.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015

I agree, though he didn't actually land the punch, he did throw it with the intention of landing, which made this work that much better imo

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Such a sick combination and way of hiding that kick. I've watched that video probably 15 times.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I trained that kick

was oddly easy to get the hang of

throw a pussy right to gain forward torque and load hips whole time until turning them