Society “We Rise Together, Homie”

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
So if I got this straight...

-Mexican workers didn't like the boss because they say he's a racist. They refuse to take orders from him, so he fires them.

Ummm... he's the boss. You kinda gotta do what he says.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So if I got this straight...

-Mexican workers didn't like the boss because they say he's a racist. They refuse to take orders from him, so he fires them.

Ummm... he's the boss. You kinda gotta do what he says.
Not a boss

He was fired too

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Doesn't mean they should exist. You know the owners of those companies aren't making minimum wage.
Why does someone else get to tell me the value I can assign to the product of my time and my skills?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Why does someone else get to tell me the value I can assign to the product of my time and my skills?
Well you live on that land, pay taxes and use thier tender. If you don't agree fuck off or go to jail. That's how it works. And the law says an employer must pay a specific amount at a minimum. Of they don't they are breaking the law. That's how

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Well you live on that land, pay taxes and use thier tender. If you don't agree fuck off or go to jail. That's how it works. And the law says an employer must pay a specific amount at a minimum. Of they don't they are breaking the law. That's how
It's a prohibition on labor. No different than a prohibition on prostitution or drugs, there are very predictable outcomes - including this one.

So you agree that there's no ethical basis for the law?
Minimum wage laws shouldn't exist, but they do, so you have to obey them. Is that the gist?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's a prohibition on labor. No different than a prohibition on prostitution or drugs, there are very predictable outcomes - including this one.

So you agree that there's no ethical basis for the law?
Minimum wage laws shouldn't exist, but they do, so you have to obey them. Is that the gist?
Yea. If I own a business then I make sure to pay the workforce minimum wage. As my business progressed I'd try to pay better.

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand the question, I mean, you can assign whatever value you want to the product of your time but why does someone have to accept that if they don't want to?
Is there an option out there that would function better?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yea. If I own a business then I make sure to pay the workforce minimum wage. As my business progressed I'd try to pay better.

Thanks
OK - dance around the question.

Are minimum wage laws a good thing or a bad thing? Have you ever owned a business with employees?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm not sure I understand the question, I mean, you can assign whatever value you want to the product of your time but why does someone have to accept that if they don't want to?
Is there an option out there that would function better?
Free Market is a better model for labor.
I just don't get why someone else gets to determine the minimum I can bid when valuing how much my Time X Skills is worth.

Free Market is a better model for labor.
I just don't get why someone else gets to determine the minimum I can bid when valuing how much my Time X Skills is worth.
Okay, I think I didn't understand what you were saying (I guess I was having a stupid moment). What damage is this imposed minimum doing?
And I'm not trying to set up a gotcha or some dumb shit like that, I'm curious how you see things.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Okay, I think I didn't understand what you were saying (I guess I was having a stupid moment). What damage is this imposed minimum doing?
And I'm not trying to set up a gotcha or some dumb shit like that, I'm curious how you see things.
It artificially inflates the price of goods and keeps unemployment up. It also keeps people 'under-employed', by forcing employers to higher two people with fewer hours, instead of 1 person at higher hours. So now you have to work two jobs at 20 hrs a week, instead of a 40 hr week.

It artificially inflates the price of goods and keeps unemployment up. It also keeps people 'under-employed', by forcing employers to higher two people with fewer hours, instead of 1 person at higher hours. So now you have to work two jobs at 20 hrs a week, instead of a 40 hr week.
hmmm, I would say greed inflates the price of goods but what do I know?
How does it force employers to hire two people with fewer hours? Don't they end up paying the same thing?
In eastern europe, there is a very low minimum wage and the poor there are, financially speaking, very much poorer in terms of what they can afford (compared to western europe and canukistan).

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I know this will not be popular, but I have to admit I LOVE firing people, just absolutely love it.
Back when I worked for others I would volunteer to do it for the other VPs and PMs.
They would be nervous and dreading it, and I would say "Oh can I do it for you?!"

So many people think they can get away with lying, laziness, excuses, etc...and there are no consequences.

I just love seeing their expression when I hit 'em with the hammer of justice,
and all their emotional appeals bounce off me like bullets off of Superman.

Le Chat Noir
©

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I know this will not be popular, but I have to admit I LOVE firing people, just absolutely love it.
Back when I worked for others I would volunteer to do it for the other VPs and PMs.
They would be nervous and dreading it, and I would say "Oh can I do it for you?!"

So many people think they can get away with lying, laziness, excuses, etc...and there are no consequences.

I just love seeing their expression when I hit 'em with the hammer of justice,
and all their emotional appeals bounce off me like bullets off of Superman.

Le Chat Noir
©

Maga!