1,000 posts - full length 90's NHB/Vale Tudo/MMA shows (vids)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I wanted to make post #1,000 truly special, bros.

SO, I am posting up a bunch of full NHB events I have uploaded in the last few years. I figure you guys may enjoy these. All are available in the best quality possible. Most have English commentary (including all WVC shows, the IAFC, etc)

These are some of the most legendary tournies/events in history, featuring guys like Igor Vovchanchyn, Anderson Silva, Pele Landi, Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Pedro Rizzo, Matt Hume, Erik Paulson, Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson, Kevin Randleman, Tom Erikson, Ken Shamrock, various Gracies, and TONS more.

I uploaded these a couple years ago but not a whole lot of people watched them. I'm hoping you guys can enjoy them because IMO, any MMA fan really needs to watch these in full. Lots of people are unaware that NHB existed outside of the UFC.. and often times delivered just as great if not better shows.

K here we go. If anyone cares enough, I have 100s of other old school events I can upload. Just request one and I can let you know if I have it.. Maybe I will make a list of the random orgs and one off events I have similar to this (like the WFF, WCC, Vale Tudo Japan, etc).. Great fights. I have basically every well known tournie/event that was filmed from this era from the US, Brazil, Japan, Russia and more.

Enjoy

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE4xF6ONtSg

International Fighting Championship 1: Kombat in Kiev - 3/30/1996

Perhaps my favorite tournament of all time (and many other fans as well), IFC 1 took place in the Ukraine 17 years ago. One of the breakout performances of Igor Vovchanchyn's early NHB career, this card featured fast, exciting matchups, as well as some of the most brutal finishes in NHB/MMA history. Enjoy in superb video quality ripped straight from the source, with ENGLISH COMMENTARY as well! For me, this is always a big deal and seeing the old events with English commentary makes it much more enjoyable.

---------------Fight Card---------------

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Fred Floyd
Paul Varelans vs Valery Nikulin
Igor Gerus vs Gerry Harris
John Dixson vs Alexander Mandrik
Richard "Red" Heard vs Igor Akhmedov
Ruslan Kriviy vs Peter Khemelev
Dmitri Eliseev vs Justin Martin

Plus the semi-final and final rounds of the tournament!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MMT100yok

IAFC: International Absolute Fighting Championship 1 - 11/25/1995

The very first (International) Absolute Fighting Championship was a THIRTY TWO man tournament held in Moscow during the cold winter of 1995. Fittingly, this tournament saw a breakout star in the making: Igor "Ice Cold" Vovchanchyn. Not only Igor, this legendary, huge tournie featured Tra Telligman, Ricardo Morais, Mikhail Ilyukhin and more. The DVD starts after the initial 16 bouts and picks up with the next 8 fights.

Like most NHB from back in the day, this card features some absolutely brutal finishes, especially one from Ice Cold himself. You have to see it to believe it! Not only is this video in great quality, but yes, the commentary is in ENGLISH! Extremely rare for this event. Enjoy

---IAFC 32 Man Tournament Second Round---
Igor Vovchanchyn vs Adilson Lima
Tra Telligman vs Urajimi Hoodeken
Ricardo Morais vs Onassis Parungao
Andrei Smirinov vs Maxin Tarasov
Rustam Talibov vs Romav Komkov
Victor Yerohin vs Vasily Kudin
Mikhail Ilyukhin vs Andrei Besedin
Eudeniy Golovihin vs Vadim Goorlev

Plus the quarter, semi and final rounds of the tournament!

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Count me in, I'll watch any of them and as a matter of fact all of them......

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7XZCrygHA

BattleCade Extreme Fighting 1 - 11/18/1995

Battlecade featured fighters like Maurice Smith, Erik Paulson, Matt Hume, Mario Sperry, Kevin Jackson and more. The first card is an amazing event from the promotion that would become the UFC's first US rival. With riveting bouts and brutal finishes, just two fights goes past the 5 minute mark. A must watch.

Ralph Gracie vs Makoto Muraoko

--HW Tournament Round 1--
Conan Silverira vs Victor Tatarkin
Gary Myers vs Tom Glanville

--LHW Tournament Round 1--
Mario Sperry vs Rundyard Moncayo
Igor Zinoview vs Harold German

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6x-rtCNHow

Battlecade featured fighters like Maurice Smith, Erik Paulson, Matt Hume, Mario Sperry, Kevin Jackson and more. This was their second event and again if full of exciting bouts! A highlight is the future UFC welterweight champion, Carlos Newton, taking on a 300 pound giant. A very fun card from the promotion that would become the UFC's first US rival.

Marcus "Conan" Silveira vs Carl Franks
Ralph Gracie vs Steve Nelson
Carlos Newton vs Jean Riviere
Jim Teachout vs John Lewis
Igor Zinoviev vs Steve Faulkner

NOTE: Paulson vs Hume from EF 3 is included in this video

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCybX0J89c

This was their third event and featured one of the most important heavyweight fights to ever happen outside of the UFC: Maurice Smith vs Marcus "Conan" Silverira. A great card with great fights, this is one not to miss. NOTE: Erik Paulson vs Matt Hume (which is an amazing, epic battle) is included in the Extreme Fighting 2 video I posted up - see the link below. Be sure to watch that as well!

Igor Zinoviev vs John Lober
Kazunari Murakami vs Bart Vale
Maurice Smith vs Marcus "Conan" Silverira
Erik Paulson vs Matt Hume (link included below)

If anyone wants to watch EF 4, check sebastien haff @de braco 's events thread. he was the first person to put it online in full after YEARS of people hoping someone had a copy.. He took the time to convert it from VHS. So give him props

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJn2Zj25c8k

One of the best series of Vale Tudo events ever to take place, the WVC staged many events from 1996 to 2002. Personally, I feel like their first 5 events (especially 2-5) stand up against any old school MMA card put together. With legends like Mark Kerr, Pedro Rizzo, Marco Ruas, Oleg Taktarov, Igor Vovchanchyn, Jose Pele and more, WVC is nonstop action from the very beginning. Be on the look out for the rest of this series, culminating with the epic 5th event! Enjoy.

YES, this has ENGLISH commentary! Not dubbed onto the event either, this features English commentary live during the fights as they happened. Any fan of old school MMA knows that outside of the US events this is very rare.

Oleg Taktarov vs Joe Charles
Marco Ruas vs Steve Jennum

--World Vale Tudo Championship tournament Round 1--
Fred Floyd vs Dennis Crouweel
Michael Pacholik vs Denilson Maia
David Hood vs Todd Butler
Richard Heard vs Scott Groff

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj4-WIa06rw

WVC's second event had another 8 man tournament and this time even quicker finishes: ONLY TWO FIGHTS GO OVER THE 2 MINUTE MARK! The show was headlined by a rematch between Marco Ruas and Oleg Taktarov, who had previously met at the Ultimate Ultimate 95. This is a fast paced, brutal and exciting event! Press play and enjoy TRUE fighting.

Oleg Taktarov vs Marco Ruas 2

--World Vale Tudo Championship 2 tournament Round 1--
Pedro Rizzo vs Niccolaus
Vernon "Tiger" White vs Ceez Besems
Iouri Oulianitski vs Hubert Numrich
Richard Heard vs Michael Tielrooy

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skq9dYl5J5Y

World Vale Tudo Championship 3 - 1/19/1997

WVC's third event had another 8 man tournament and featuring some of, if not the most violent finishes in NHB history. This event featured the debut of Mark Kerr, the future UFC and PRIDE phenom. The main event pitted the previous two WVC tournament winners against each other - Pedro Rizzo and Richard "Red" Heard. The result was an epic battle between the man known as "The Rock", who would go on to make waves in the UFC, and the tough as nails, blue collar "Red" Heard, who upset and surprised many at the first WVC, taking the crown.

This event also features one of, if not the strangest finishes to a fight in MMA history during the Pat Smith vs Fabio Gurgel match. Be sure to press play, kick back and enjoy a legendary event!!

One of the best series of Vale Tudo events ever to take place, the WVC staged many events from 1996 to 2002. Personally, I feel like their first 5 events (especially 2-5) stand up against any old school MMA card put together. With legends like Mark Kerr, Pedro Rizzo, Marco Ruas, Oleg Taktarov, Igor Vovchanchyn, Jose Pele and more, WVC is nonstop action from the very beginning. Be on the look out for the rest of this series, culminating with the epic 5th event!

YES, this has ENGLISH commentary! Not dubbed onto the event either, this features English commentary live during the fights as they happened. Any fan of old school MMA knows that outside of the US events this is very rare.

Pedro Rizzo vs Richard "Red" Heard

--World Vale Tudo Championship 3 tournament Round 1--
Mark Kerr vs Paul Varelans
Sidney Freitas vs Zane Frazier
Michael Pacholik vs Nobuhiro Tsurumaki
Fabio Gurgel vs Pat Smith

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Shi-, just conscious I have to get up in about 5 hours so will follow this and watch more tomorrow night, but looking forward to them......

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orBNvlxju5U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5MiV_QQgXM

World Vale Tudo Championship 4 - 11/10/1996

Here is the WVC's 4th event, which featured an 8 man tournie as well as a super fight between Marco Ruas and Pat Smith. This event is a testament to the warrior spirit these true vale tudo fighters had. Featuring the second fight in the all time classic rivalry between Jose "Pele" Landi and Jorge "Macaco" Patino, the bouts range from epic wars to quick, brutal finishes.

One of the best series of Vale Tudo events ever to take place, the WVC staged many events from 1996 to 2002. Personally, I feel like their first 5 events (especially 2-5) stand up against any old school MMA card put together. With legends like Mark Kerr, Pedro Rizzo, Marco Ruas, Oleg Taktarov, Igor Vovchanchyn, Jose Pele and more, WVC is nonstop action from the very beginning. Be on the look out for the rest of this series, culminating with the epic 5th event!

Pat Smith vs Marco Ruas

--World Vale Tudo Championship 4 tournament Round 1--
Jose Landi-Jones vs Jorge "Macacao" Patino
Johil de Oliveira vs Koji Lierman
John Cronk vs Marcelo Aguilar
Rick Lucero vs Chuck Kim
Jason Canals vs Antonio Santos

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Obviously all of these events are a lot to take in. BUT, if you had to watch JUST one of the WVCs.. I'd recommend this one. Not often you watch Igor V in a cage in some random Brazilian night club destroying fools

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBn5S-2tpL8

Here it is, the legendary 5th World Vale Tudo event. Differing from previous WVCs in many ways (including the use of a cage, a new venue and more international fighters), WVC 5 is my absolute favorite (and many others) Vale Tudo event ever. This event strictly featured a tournament only and no super fights. Featuring old school fighters like Pat Smith, Paul Varelans and the legendary Igor Vovchanchyn, WVC 5 is one of those events you want to watch over and over again. Enjoy this one folks!

--World Vale Tudo Championship 5 tournament Round 1--

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Tulio Palhares
Pat Smith vs Marco Selva
Lucio Carvalho vs Nick Nutter
Waldir Dos Anjos vs Paul Varelans

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHEJpnCVeo

Pancrase: King of Pancrase 1994 Round 1 - 12/16/1994

One of the most stacked Japanese tournaments of the NHB days, the King of Pancrase cards speak for themselves. With champions/legends like Bas Rutten, Masakatsu Funaki, Ken Shamrock, Mo Smith and so many more, this event more than lives up to the hype. So many quick finishes and technical battles. The second round and conclusion of this event will be posted in the coming days. Enjoy!

--King of Pancrase tournament--

Bas Rutten vs Frank Shamrock
Ken Shamrock vs Alex Cook
Maurice Smith vs Takaku Fuke
Matt Hume vs Minoru Suzuki
Jason Delucia vs Thomas Puckett
Christopher DeWeaver vs Manabu Yamada
Vernon White vs Leon Dijk
Masakatsu Funaki vs Todd Bjornethun

--Non tournament bouts--

Katsuomi Inagaki vs Gregory Smit
Larry Papadopoulos vs Scott Bessac

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inVA_i_qoUc

This is the second round of the tournie and includes the conclusion. Epic stuff.

--King of Pancrase tournament 2nd round--

Ken Shamrock vs Masakatsu Funaki
Manabu Yamada vs Minoru Suzuki

--Alternate bouts--

Scott Bessac vs Larry Papadopoulos
Katsuomi Inagaki vs Gregory Smit

Plus the final match up for the championship!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oFVk029P7k#t=615

IVC: International Vale Tudo Championship 1 - A Real Fight Tournament 7/6/1997

After uploading the first 5 WVC events, next up is a nearly identical promotion from Brazil - the infamous IVC, which played host to many of the most classic matches in history. Legends of the sport such as Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Pedro Rizzo, Wallid Ismail, Dan Severn, Pele and so many more all fought in the IVC ring. Known for its tournaments, the IVC truly embraced real Vale Tudo where anything goes. Enjoy some of the most classic fights of all time!

Wanderlei Silva vs Sean Bormet
Marcelo Goncalves vs Cristian Quezada
Luiz Fraga vs Mark Hall
Artur Mariano vs Pat Assalone
Brian Gassaway vs Egidio Amaro da Costa

Plus the semi and final rounds of the tournament!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcyPVXZhWY

IVC: International Vale Tudo Championship 2 - A Question of Pride 9/15/1997

Luiz Fraga vs Mark Hall

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Thought about doing this the other day love these fights. Can you down load from a DVDs or vhs ? I have a few vale tudo Mark Hall cobra challenge that I've never seen anywhere. I believe I have the only copies. The heavyweight championship in one of them is Aaron Brink Vs Gan McGee. I could send you them if you can do it.
I wanted to make post #1,000 truly special, bros.

SO, I am posting up a bunch of full NHB events I have uploaded in the last few years. I figure you guys may enjoy these. All are available in the best quality possible. Most have English commentary (including all WVC shows, the IAFC, etc)

These are some of the most legendary tournies/events in history, featuring guys like Igor Vovchanchyn, Anderson Silva, Pele Landi, Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Pedro Rizzo, Matt Hume, Erik Paulson, Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson, Kevin Randleman, Tom Erikson, Ken Shamrock, various Gracies, and TONS more.

I uploaded these a couple years ago but not a whole lot of people watched them. I'm hoping you guys can enjoy them because IMO, any MMA fan really needs to watch these in full. Lots of people are unaware that NHB existed outside of the UFC.. and often times delivered just as great if not better shows.

K here we go. If anyone cares enough, I have 100s of other old school events I can upload. Just request one and I can let you know if I have it.. Maybe I will make a list of the random orgs and one off events I have similar to this (like the WFF, WCC, Vale Tudo Japan, etc).. Great fights. I have basically every well known tournie/event that was filmed from this era from the US, Brazil, Japan, Russia and more.

Enjoy

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgPkNEh2Xg

IVC: International Vale Tudo Championship 3 - The War Continues 12/10/1997

IVC 3 featured a breakout performance by one of MMA's favorite characters.

Pedro Otavio vs Ismael Souza
Sidney Santos vs Jorge Magalhaes
Pedro Otavio vs Jorge Magalhaes
Johil de Oliveira vs Wallid Ismail

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mUiD56lSYQ

IVC: International Vale Tudo Championship 4 - The Battle 2/7/1998

Marcelo Barbosa vs Guaracy Pereira
Jason Godsey vs Dario Amorim
Bob Gilstrap vs Lucas Silva de Jesus
Mike Van Arsdale vs Francisco Nonato
Alexandre Ferreira vs Tim Catalfo

I will be skipping over 5 and uploading IVC 6 which features the legendary battle between Jose Pele and Chuck Liddell!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Ok that's it for now. That should tide everyone over for a day or two.

Will upload IVC 6 tomorrow. Also going to upload WCC 1, a very quirky and strange event featuring guys like Renzo, Paulson and more.. With boxing legend (and now BJJ purple belt) Ray Boom Boom Mancini on commentary

And some others. Let me know if you guys are interested in anything else.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Thought about doing this the other day love these fights. Can you down load from a DVDs or vhs ? I have a few vale tudo Mark Hall cobra challenge that I've never seen anywhere. I believe I have the only copies. The heavyweight championship in one of them is Aaron Brink Vs Gan McGee. I could send you them if you can do it.
Hey man. I currently don't have any of the hardware to transfer VHS. De braco does though and has been uploading tons of rare/previously unavailable shit. I tagged him in this thread so hopefully he sees it and can help out!

DVDs I can probably do. What stuff do ya have on DVD? Hit me up on here or PM.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcyPVXZhWY

IVC: International Vale Tudo Championship 2 - A Question of Pride 9/15/1997

Luiz Fraga vs Mark Hall

I trained with Mark for this event. Damn knee injury he was one fight from Vanderlie