General 10 best places in the world to retire...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Someone should let the fine people in the caravan coming from Honduras know that they are cutting through #3 on the list to try and break into an unranked nation. Amateurs.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Someone should let the fine people in the caravan coming from Honduras know that they are cutting through #3 on the list to try and break into an unranked nation. Amateurs.
ed bassmaster is hilarious .psh not on your best day bud

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Is that list for Americans?

Because the cost of flights from Australia to any of the top 4 would pretty much eat all of our retirement savings.

Better for us to retire to Indonesia, Thailand or Philippines

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
haha
On this site about one minute before you posted this I posted a Chip video

something about great minds....

I also posted Unreal a few times in the last 24 hours to great effect

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am considering it

Why the F not?

Good for the old bones and the dollar can go a lot farther

Sell the overpriced american homes and move to somewhere less regulated and much warmer

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
haha
On this site about one minute before you posted this I posted a Chip video

something about great minds....

I also posted Unreal a few times in the last 24 hours to great effect
I just introduced my 10yr old nephew to “would you look at that” and Chip Diamond. He has been walking around quoting the videos nonstop the past two days!

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I just introduced my 10yr old nephew to “would you look at that” and Chip Diamond. He has been walking around quoting the videos nonstop the past two days!
My lady and I do it all the time

She pffts at me then, kicks dirt when I am acting up

I mostly just say unreal in public and make do mini invisible lats

Chip is making the world a better place I tell ya

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
These are the top five best cities to retire in 2020 and 2021, according to U.S. News:
5. Lancaster, Pennsylvania
aimintang | E+ | Getty Images
Known for its spacious farms and Amish communities, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, about an hour west of Philadelphia, was the fifth-best place to retire this year, with a score of 7.4 in the retirement index. In 2018, Lancaster came in first place in U.S. News’ retirement ranking. This year, Lancaster got top ranks in health care and housing affordability, with a median home price of $215,975.
4. Naples, Florida
Mint Images | Mint Images RF | Getty Images
The “Sunshine State” is a popular retirement spot for reasons beyond the year-round sunny weather. Naples, for example, which is on the Gulf of Mexico in southwest Florida, got an overall retirement score of 7.4 out of 10. Homes are less affordable in Naples than other Florida cities, with a median price of $326,000. That said, Naples and other Florida municipalities have a “homestead tax exemption” for permanent residents, which decrease a property’s taxable value by up to $50,000.
3. Port St. Lucie, Florida
Jeff Greenberg | Universal Images Group | Getty Images
Port St. Lucie, Florida — which is located between Miami and Orlando, and north of Palm Beach — took third place in U.S. News’ retirement ranking, with an overall score of 7.4. The reason? High scores in affordable housing and health care. (Port St. Lucie scored slightly higher than Naples in these two categories.) Sports fans might know Port St. Lucie as the spring training site of the New York Mets, and the home of the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance. In 2019, Port St. Lucie was ranked the fifth-best place to retire by U.S. News.
2. Fort Myers, Florida
Philippe TURPIN | Photononstop | Getty Images
Though Fort Myers, Florida took the top rank of retirement destinations in 2019, this year it moved to second place with a score of 7.4. The Southwest Gulf Coast city has high scores in housing affordability (6.5), with the median home costing $226,825. However, it only scored 5.9 for healthcare. Lee County, where Fort Myers is located, has 21,331 cases of Covid-19.
1. Sarasota, Florida
Pola Damonte via Getty Images | Moment | Getty Images
With an overall score of 7.6, Sarasota, Florida was the top-ranked place to retire, up from second place last year. The “Circus City” which is located in southwest Florida, was ranked very high in housing affordability, with a median home price of $227,754. Sarasota also received a score of 6.4 for healthcare. (Sarasota County has reported more than 8,600 cases of Covid-19.) The city of 785,997 people is very popular among older adults; 31% of residents are over 65, and the median age of residents is 52.
Although Florida and other Southern states claimed many of the top spots in the U.S. News ranking, Ann Arbor, Michigan, home of the University of Michigan, came in seventh place with high scores in health care. Elsewhere in the Midwest, Grand Rapids, Michigan, the second-largest city in Michigan, was ranked within the top 25. And in New England, Manchester, New Hampshire, which is an hour from Boston, Massachusetts, came in 14th place with a score of 7.0.
To see how your city measured up, visit U.S. News for the full listing.

rmenergy

Posting Machine
Mar 27, 2021
These are the top five best cities to retire in 2020 and 2021, according to U.S. News:
5. Lancaster, Pennsylvania
aimintang | E+ | Getty Images
Known for its spacious farms and Amish communities, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, about an hour west of Philadelphia, was the fifth-best place to retire this year, with a score of 7.4 in the retirement index. In 2018, Lancaster came in first place in U.S. News’ retirement ranking. This year, Lancaster got top ranks in health care and housing affordability, with a median home price of $215,975.
4. Naples, Florida
Mint Images | Mint Images RF | Getty Images
The “Sunshine State” is a popular retirement spot for reasons beyond the year-round sunny weather. Naples, for example, which is on the Gulf of Mexico in southwest Florida, got an overall retirement score of 7.4 out of 10. Homes are less affordable in Naples than other Florida cities, with a median price of $326,000. That said, Naples and other Florida municipalities have a “homestead tax exemption” for permanent residents, which decrease a property’s taxable value by up to $50,000.
3. Port St. Lucie, Florida
Jeff Greenberg | Universal Images Group | Getty Images
Port St. Lucie, Florida — which is located between Miami and Orlando, and north of Palm Beach — took third place in U.S. News’ retirement ranking, with an overall score of 7.4. The reason? High scores in affordable housing and health care. (Port St. Lucie scored slightly higher than Naples in these two categories.) Sports fans might know Port St. Lucie as the spring training site of the New York Mets, and the home of the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance. In 2019, Port St. Lucie was ranked the fifth-best place to retire by U.S. News.
2. Fort Myers, Florida
Philippe TURPIN | Photononstop | Getty Images
Though Fort Myers, Florida took the top rank of retirement destinations in 2019, this year it moved to second place with a score of 7.4. The Southwest Gulf Coast city has high scores in housing affordability (6.5), with the median home costing $226,825. However, it only scored 5.9 for healthcare. Lee County, where Fort Myers is located, has 21,331 cases of Covid-19.
1. Sarasota, Florida
Pola Damonte via Getty Images | Moment | Getty Images
With an overall score of 7.6, Sarasota, Florida was the top-ranked place to retire, up from second place last year. The “Circus City” which is located in southwest Florida, was ranked very high in housing affordability, with a median home price of $227,754. Sarasota also received a score of 6.4 for healthcare. (Sarasota County has reported more than 8,600 cases of Covid-19.) The city of 785,997 people is very popular among older adults; 31% of residents are over 65, and the median age of residents is 52.
Although Florida and other Southern states claimed many of the top spots in the U.S. News ranking, Ann Arbor, Michigan, home of the University of Michigan, came in seventh place with high scores in health care. Elsewhere in the Midwest, Grand Rapids, Michigan, the second-largest city in Michigan, was ranked within the top 25. And in New England, Manchester, New Hampshire, which is an hour from Boston, Massachusetts, came in 14th place with a score of 7.0.
To see how your city measured up, visit U.S. News for the full listing.
Too damn hot in FL. I'm trying to retire back to Morro Bay or Cayucos, CA. Mendocino/Ft. Bragg would be a distant second with OR Central Coast a close third. Been looking at the Azores as well as a primary place if we decide to leave the country. Planning on retiring at 62, won't be what I'd consider rich by any means but should hopefully be able to afford a comfortable retirement budgeted through 95yrs old.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
portugal is cool,anywhere in spain near the ocean all the coast. vietnam and thailand have great food fun and beautiful people
but it is hot AF also lots of bugs and snakes.