General 13th dismembered foot found on British Columbia shore

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Thirteen dismembered feet have been found along British Columbia shores in the past decade. Eight of them have been identified.
(CNN)A man walking his dog on a British Columbia beach this week made a grisly discovery: A foot in a shoe, along with part of a lower leg. Adding to the mystery is that it is the 13th foot to wash up on the Canadian province's coastline over the past decade.

"Our early analysis suggests these are human remains and we will do further investigation and testing ... in the coming weeks," said Andy Watson, a spokesman for the BC Coroners Service, about the Thursday discovery. The remains included a tibia and fibula.

The Coroners Service said all previous 12 feet were human. The service identified eight of them and determined they belonged to six individuals.
No foul play was involved in those cases, according to the Coroners Service, though it did not say how it arrived at that conclusion.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Coroners Service are trying to identify the owner of the foot found this week, as well as the cause of death. They said they will look into any possible matches to missing persons cases.

Read More
It's not clear why so many feet have washed up on British Columbia shores. When asked, the coroner's spokesman said, "I'm not able to speak to" the reason.
Watson said, however, "There's no reason to believe that they (the cases) were connected in any way."

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Fascinating. More information on wikipedia

Salish Sea human foot discoveries - Wikipedia

The feet become dismembered due to natural decay. I guess they are preserved better than other body parts because they are inside a shoe and maybe become more buoyant.
It's natural that a lateral part of the body will fall off as tissues become weakened. The foot is sitting perpendicular to the leg so it' only a matter of time before the joint with break off due to the pressure of the water.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
13 now?!? I remember hearing about this years ago when it was like at 7 or 8.

Dashabox

Fi fie fo fum
Dec 7, 2017
"Our early analysis suggests these are human remains and we will do further investigation and testing ... in the coming weeks,"

I feel like this wouldn't take much schooling or expertise to surmise.

Well Bob, I tried to fit it into my asshole but she wouldn't fit, so it def ISN"T a dog's cock in a shoe. We may have to entertain the idea that this could be a human foot in the tennis shoe. Now now, I know how crazy that sounds. What? No I'm not on "The" pills anymore...

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Should be easy to solve since it's an odd number.

Whose three legged sibling/child went missing?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"Our early analysis suggests these are human remains and we will do further investigation and testing ... in the coming weeks,"

I feel like this wouldn't take much schooling or expertise to surmise.

Well Bob, I tried to fit it into my asshole but she wouldn't fit, so it def ISN"T a dog's cock in a shoe. We may have to entertain the idea that this could be a human foot in the tennis shoe. Now now, I know how crazy that sounds. What? No I'm not on "The" pills anymore...
years ago when this was first a thing hoaxsters were leaving fake human feet by jamming a turkey drumstick in a shoe and leaving them on the beach

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Its all about the shoes and lower tempatures. They provide the stability and buoyancy to keep em moving until they hit shore, the ocean patterns and current bring em to us.

Very local to where I am, one was found where I live, two were found near my fave campground / fishing spots on the westcoast of the island.

Bringing it back to the shoes, its all about the rubber and plastic. Even on the remotest of islands, you find shoes and plastic based objects like jugs, bottles and so on. My wife's family has a villa on a very remote island in the Bahamas, we boat out to snorkel on the reefs and keys. Even on the most remote island / keys (uninhabited), you find shoes and other random plastic products washed up on shore.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
That's 3.96 meters of evidence. I believe it is 4 meters exactly to get a footing on the crime though.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Sometimes investigators need to get more than ankle deep in an investigation to solve them. Plunge right in is what I say.