General 14 students, 1 teacher dead following mass school shooting in Texas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
No, why?

I see why the school system is completely fucked.

What does he have to do with "gun culture"?
Well, how many posters here who aren't from America do you reckon grew up with armed guards patrolling their schools?

I know I never saw a firearm on my high school grounds. We didn't have armed cops or sheriff's deputies either. We had PE teachers to break up fights.

And you can try to deflect onto the education system all you want - but if the education system was exactly the same but your gun culture was equivalent to the rest of the Western world....... then this guy wouldn't be getting more than $50k/year to spend every weekday patrolling middle school looking for school shooters, would he.

I mean at a certain point, you gotta have the ability to look at a situation and go "okay, this is a bit fucked, and it's not actually all the fault of CNN and the liberals"........ don't you????

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Well, how many posters here who aren't from America do you reckon grew up with armed guards patrolling their schools?

I know I never saw a firearm on my high school grounds. We didn't have armed cops or sheriff's deputies either. We had PE teachers to break up fights.

And you can try to deflect onto the education system all you want - but if the education system was exactly the same but your gun culture was equivalent to the rest of the Western world....... then this guy wouldn't be getting more than $50k/year to spend every weekday patrolling middle school looking for school shooters, would he.

I mean at a certain point, you gotta have the ability to look at a situation and go "okay, this is a bit fucked, and it's not actually all the fault of CNN and the liberals"........ don't you????

??

What does the armed waste of resources have to do with "gun culture"?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Like I said, no solutions. I hope to Christ you aren't hanging your hat on raising the age to buy a single type of firearm fixing this problem. 2 of the things America already has (and clearly don't work as intended) and the other, waiting periods, is clearly not going to be an issue for someone who's actually planning to do something like this. Although I do love the idea of someday reading a president's autobiography and him being like "I came up with an elaborate plan to gun down dozens of people. I'd spent weeks selecting the location, and figuring out how to get where I needed to be. But then, I got told I'd have to wait 2 days to pickup my AR, so I was like "Ah, screw this. I'll go to law school instead."
My son wanted an AR at 17 desperately. He is 19 now and hasn’t bought one. He has had the means and money many times over since turning 18. I guess he decided he had better things to spend his money on.

Anyone who has lived with an 18 year old and knows them at 21 can tell you it seems like 10 years difference in the way they think and act.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
My son wanted an AR at 17 desperately. He is 19 now and hasn’t bought one. He has had the means and money many times over since turning 18. I guess he decided he had better things to spend his money on.
or he knows his mom will be disappointed in him if he does.