2 Month Free SiriusXM Vehicle Trial

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Letsgobois

Jan 20, 2015
Just came across this thread and activated my Sirius radio in my truck for 2 months for free! Must use a legit email (gmail, yahoo, etc) and just pick any random address in the states with a matching zip code.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-...dio-work-great-canada-no-cc-required-1292543/

Had to pull the truck out of the garage and once the activate signal was sent it took 2 minutes to receive! I talked to a customer service rep to see if you need to cancel or they will start billing the address used but he said it will just stop working, and then I will just activate another trial under a different name. I love free stuff :)

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ahem...

Maybe not ethical, but an interesting technical quirk.
If you were to activate SiriusXM (NOT VIA A TRIAL) and then turn the device off for about 6 weeks. When you turn it back on, it'll be activated forever unless you call them and try to change the plan.

Why does this work? SirusXM activates and kills your specific radio by sending a code. This is a pricey venture but worth it when you are signing up.
When they kill your radio at the end of the cycle, they send the kill signal. In case they miss it, they send a couple more over the subsequent weeks.
There's no closed loop communication. Signal says "stop working radio!" and if the radio never gets it, the radio keeps going.
Eventually (a month later) they don't send anymore. In their growing database of old radio IDs is your number mixed in that says these radios are all off and deactivated.

An easy way to test this is to buy a sirus device. Activate one month full package. Turn the device off and toss it in your closet. Cancel account and pull the radio a couple month later. It still works
Same can be done on your vehicle if you could find a way to pull a radio fuse or otherwise guarantee that the radio doesn't get a signal.

Letsgobois

Jan 20, 2015
Splinty;n7915 said:
Ahem...

Maybe not ethical, but an interesting technical quirk.
If you were to activate SiriusXM (NOT VIA A TRIAL) and then turn the device off for about 6 weeks. When you turn it back on, it'll be activated forever unless you call them and try to change the plan.

Why does this work? SirusXM activates and kills your specific radio by sending a code. This is a pricey venture but worth it when you are signing up.
When they kill your radio at the end of the cycle, they send the kill signal. In case they miss it, they send a couple more over the subsequent weeks.
There's no closed loop communication. Signal says "stop working radio!" and if the radio never gets it, the radio keeps going.
Eventually (a month later) they don't send anymore. In their growing database of old radio IDs is your number mixed in that says these radios are all off and deactivated.

An easy way to test this is to buy a sirus device. Activate one month full package. Turn the device off and toss it in your closet. Cancel account and pull the radio a couple month later. It still works
Same can be done on your vehicle if you could find a way to pull a radio fuse or otherwise guarantee that the radio doesn't get a signal.
Well got damn! I'm definatley going to try this out!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Letsgobois;n8087 said:
Well got damn! I'm definatley going to try this out!

prove this working about 3 or 4 years ago with one of the suction cup radios that are meant to be used as a mobile device. I've never tried it with my car radio, because the whole cars locking system and other stuff is now integrated into the head unit. probably the easiest thing to do would be fine to satellite radio antenna and unplug it from the head unit. That should work on preventing the signalforcing you to unpower the entire head unit. But I can't be sure.