2006 Rich Franklin vs 2006 GSP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I take Franklin
He uses his size and length to win a 3 round standup fight.
I don’t think GSP is putting many top 185ers on their backs that aren’t old Bisping.
I think GSP knew that as well based off the fact that he never moved up at any point in his career until a Taylor made champion was available.
In his defense 170 was loaded with competition..GSP is a good sized MW..I think Yoel is a bad match up for him..Rich can't stop his takedowns imho..GSP. stand up is better than Franklin's as well.. he mainly uses it to set up his TDs..If Hendo is taking him down GSP is also going to...Rich has a punchers chance but he's outclassed in the wrestling..prime Rockhold and Yoel are bad bad match ups for him.. when stud wrestlers like Sonnen and Weidman said GSP controlled them in grappling that says a lot.. and imho they are different animals than rich In the grappling dept..

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
And for everybody saying rich is a lot bigger he def isn't.. stood next to them both and it's hardly noticeable..Rich ironically is called ace But he's a jack of all trades and a master of none! GSP wrestling,speed, explosiveness, ability to lock guys down in half guard and stay out of subs will def give him the edge vs Rich.. The only way wins is by Knock out and that is tough to do from your back.. I'm telling y'all GSP wouldn't be affected by anything Rich brings.. He's always trained with LHW and done more than good with them.. youtube training stories about gsp.. yea I know training is different chatn fighting but if a guys a proven champion and is known to dominate larger High level wrestlers (Hughes is tougher to takedown that Rich) then he's taking Rich down and controlling the fight imho..7/10 Gsp

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
In his defense 170 was loaded with competition..GSP is a good sized MW..I think Yoel is a bad match up for him..Rich can't stop his takedowns imho..GSP. stand up is better than Franklin's as well.. he mainly uses it to set up his TDs..If Hendo is taking him down GSP is also going to...Rich has a punchers chance but he's outclassed in the wrestling..prime Rockhold and Yoel are bad bad match ups for him.. when stud wrestlers like Sonnen and Weidman said GSP controlled them in grappling that says a lot.. and imho they are different animals than rich In the grappling dept..
I’m definitely not gonna argue about wrestling with you. I just think that in a fight sport about being the baddest dudes on the planet. I can’t see someone insisting on cutting a ton of weight when they could just dominate the weight class above them.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I’m definitely not gonna argue about wrestling with you. I just think that in a fight sport about being the baddest dudes on the planet. I can’t see someone insisting on cutting a ton of weight when they could just dominate the weight class above them.
Rich could've competed at LHW in ufc and chose to cut..GSP is a training machine that don't just himself fluctuate that much like most fighters.. he's walking around at 190ish and rich 210 bk then..Gsp also the type to stay in his lane and wouldn't wanna go up and down bk then and only after cleaning out his division and coming out of retirement for a 185 title fight entice him..I think he could've been 185 champ Bk in 06 but he's smart and knows the sport evolves and better athletes were coming.. And he was right.. jacare,Vitor,rockhold and Romero all bad match ups for him.. He is better at 170 and imho bisping ws a taylor made match up for his style..

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Rock & a hard place.
Wrestler on one side, Canadians on the other.
If only Pete Rose & Barry Larkin were here we'd be walking away with this.

Rich by ANYTHING HE WANTS!

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Rich could've competed at LHW in ufc and chose to cut..GSP is a training machine that don't just himself fluctuate that much like most fighters.. he's walking around at 190ish and rich 210 bk then..Gsp also the type to stay in his lane and wouldn't wanna go up and down bk then and only after cleaning out his division and coming out of retirement for a 185 title fight entice him..I think he could've been 185 champ Benin 06 but he's smart and knows the sport evolves and better athletes were coming.. And he was right.. jacare,Vitor,rockhold cbd Romero all bad match ups for him.. He eas better at 170 and imho bisping ws a taylor made match up for his style..
Yeah but I don’t think anyone is saying Rich dominates LHW so I understand him cutting weight. I simply can’t give a fighter the benefit of the doubt when they refused to take the challenge themselves. Much like I won’t agree Jones beats Stipe and other top heavyweights.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I eagerly await the upcoming threads which detail how GSP would annihilate Vanderlei Silva, Cung Le, Jorge Rivera, Curtis Stout, Antony Rea(TRUE FRENCHMAN), teammate Louseau etc.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yeah but I don’t think anyone is saying Rich dominates LHW so I understand him cutting weight. I simply can’t give a fighter the benefit of the doubt when they refused to take the challenge themselves. Much like I won’t agree Jones beats Stipe and other top heavyweights.
He did beat the 185 champ though regardless how ppl perceive bisping..GSP just a bad match up for Rich imho.. sucks that we will never know definitively.