2014-2015 College Basketball Discussion thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
As of today, the rankings are as follows:
RankTeam (First-Place Votes)
1Kentucky (65)
2Gonzaga
3Virginia
4Duke
5Wisconsin
6Arizona
7Villanova
8Kansas
9Louisville
10Notre Dame
11Iowa State
12North Carolina
13Utah
14Northern Iowa
15West Virginia
16Wichita State
17Maryland
18VCU
19Baylor
20Ohio State
21Oklahoma
22Butler
23SMU
24Georgetown
25Texas

Random thoughts so far this season...

* Don't understand why a 7 loss Oklahoma team is ranked
* Kentucky is really good
* Louisville and Virginia are still my two dark horses to win it all
* ACC is the best conference
* Another underachieving Texas team, led by Rick Barnes

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Huge Duke fan here! Originally from NY, but been in NC since '89....Still pull for all NY teams in every sport except in college bball. Didn't start pulling for Duke until '98 or '99 because I liked Shane Battier's game and eventually fell in love with the atmosphere of their home games and of course the Coach K lore. Blue Devil fan since!

They've had a couple shit-the-bed games(NC State loss was the hardest to take), but taking out UVA on Saturday will help build some confidence I hope in this young team.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Duke has a ton of potential, including the best player in the nation. A kid like Okafor can put on team on his shoulders and carry them a long way. It will be interesting to see how they progress the rest of the way out. They took us to the woodshed not too long ago, and we had no one that could control Okafor. No one.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n13095 said:
Duke has a ton of potential, including the best player in the nation. A kid like Okafor can put on team on his shoulders and carry them a long way. It will be interesting to see how they progress the rest of the way out. They took us to the woodshed not too long ago, and we had no one that could control Okafor. No one.
Unfortunately he'll be gone after this year, it's been becoming a yearly thing at Duke as of late.....these one and done players((necessary evil) play hell on my emotions lol. Corey Maggette was the first at Duke in '99-ended up a good pro, and then Luol Deng a few years later '04 I think. Deng made a huge impact on the team, I sure hated to see him leave. I'd have loved to have seen what Kyrie could have achieved with coach K had he not left after one, he's doing fine now though haha. Was glad to see Austin Rivers hit the bricks...didn't like what he brought to Duke at all. Jabari Parker was very good, can't blame him for chasing that paper the No. 2 draft spot supplies. Now Okafor, probably going to be the first pick so he can't pass that up......Duke's trying to turn into a mini Kentucky I guess :17:

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
A fucking shame to pay $100 plus a month on cable and my HD channels are pixelated with no sound, therefore I had to find a stream to watch Duke vs ND. FUCK YOU Charter cable!!!!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Being in Kentucky, tonight is going to be awesome. Louisville vs Virginia @ 7pm, and Kentucky vs Florida @ 9pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n16114 said:
Being in Kentucky, tonight is going to be awesome. Louisville vs Virginia @ 7pm, and Kentucky vs Florida @ 9pm.

He'll yeah should be great games!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Louisville has got their hands completely full with UVA tonight. I can't remember the last time they've been 7 points dogs. Two elite defensive teams....should be a war.

Florida has nothing for UK.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Great win for the Devils, 90-60 over Notre Dame. Great team effort!

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I Wild Each It;n16123 said:
Louisville has got their hands completely full with UVA tonight. I can't remember the last time they've been 7 points dogs. Two elite defensive teams....should be a war.

Florida has nothing for UK.

28 straight years.......Let that sink in for one minute. 28 years....

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
"Doerings got a touchdown!!!!" "Doerings got a touchdown!!!"

[video=youtube;YoLPAAFB0o8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoLPAAFB0o8[/video]

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Here is the entire drive that still haunts the Lexington residents.......Doering got a touchdown indeed.
[h=1]1993 Florida @ UK - Game Winning Drive[/h] [video=youtube;h1TFthJbdYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1TFthJbdYE[/video]

U MAD BRO?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm a Louisville fan, sachin - you nut! I smile ANY time a UK fan feels some sort of butt hurt...so thanks for posting those videos :)

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I Wild Each It;n16624 said:
I'm a Louisville fan, sachin - you nut! I smile ANY time a UK fan feels some sort of butt hurt...so thanks for posting those videos :)
You embarrassed us in that bowl game a few years ago with Charlie Strong our old Defensive coordinator and a team filled with Florida Gator transfers and players recruited from my area. i will give you credit even though we should have hired strong instead of Will Muschamp. This man has set our program back years and it stealing recruits at Auburn now where he is def coordinator.

Say Wild It do you remember a Louisville vs Hurricanes game from 2004 with Stefan leflors as the qb. I hated the Hurricanes then and still do and that was a heart breaking loss to watch. The canes were still decent then before they fell off the map.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=242882390

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sachin tendulkar;n17002 said:
You embarrassed us in that bowl game a few years ago with Charlie Strong our old Defensive coordinator and a team filled with Florida Gator transfers and players recruited from my area. i will give you credit even though we should have hired strong instead of Will Muschamp. This man has set our program back years and it stealing recruits at Auburn now where he is def coordinator.

Say Wild It do you remember a Louisville vs Hurricanes game from 2004 with Stefan leflors as the qb. I hated the Hurricanes then and still do and that was a heart breaking loss to watch. The canes were still decent then before they fell off the map.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=242882390

Oh yeah, I remember that game like it was yesterday. That was indeed a heartbreaking loss. Fuckers got cocky and came into our stadium two years later, jumping on the logo at mid-field...so we stomped a mudhole in their asses and walked it dry. We haven't lost to them since and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Talk about a program going the wrong direction...that's Miami. They are a shell of their former selves.

Florida is going to be back. Muschamp did set the program back, but I think JM will get them going and it won't take long He just needs to recruit the hell out of the state of Florida, and open up that offense on the SEC.

Freeman

Jan 28, 2015
Big Wisconsin fan here. Watch out for them. A cunt hair away from the title game last year and they're even better this year. Of course anything can happen in the tourney so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I have high hopes.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Freeman;n18737 said:
Big Wisconsin fan here. Watch out for them. A cunt hair away from the title game last year and they're even better this year. Of course anything can happen in the tourney so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I have high hopes.
Experienced and a great player in Kaminsky. I definitely expect to see them make another deep run this year. I hope someone...anyone...is able to knock off UK. But it's going to be extremely tough, unfortunately.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
seekntruth;n20108 said:
Competitive first half.
I'm only 5 minutes in, because I've pausing to post here lol. Don't even think about spoiling this for me son :)

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I Wild Each It;n17004 said:
Oh yeah, I remember that game like it was yesterday. That was indeed a heartbreaking loss. Fuckers got cocky and came into our stadium two years later, jumping on the logo at mid-field...so we stomped a mudhole in their asses and walked it dry. We haven't lost to them since and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Talk about a program going the wrong direction...that's Miami. They are a shell of their former selves.

Florida is going to be back. Muschamp did set the program back, but I think JM will get them going and it won't take long He just needs to recruit the hell out of the state of Florida, and open up that offense on the SEC.
Awesome Wild it! Thanks for the response. This was one year after they did the same thing to Florida after trailing big time in the in the third quarter. To see that scumbag transfer Brock Berlin do it to his old club was like pouring salt in the wounds.

[video]http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=232492390[/video]

I can't even watch this video without getting my jimmies rustled. In fact i refuse to watch it. i will tell you I remember Ingle Martin Got hurt and a freshman Chris Leak replaced him only for the Zooker to have some bat shit crazy idea to have third string Gavin Dickey run with the option when Leak was moving the chains and scoring points. It's funny because Gator fans HATED Zook but in retrospect he looks like Vince Lombardi compared to Will Muschamp.

[video=youtube;Qc5erbhNYao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc5erbhNYao[/video]

Excellent synopsis on the current state of the Gator Football program Wild It! You really know your stuff! I am very impressed with Big Mac's ability to grab a few five star guys and salvage a decent recruiting class with only a few months to buiild relationships. Martez Ivey and CeCe jefferson will play immediately and make an impact....

It disgusts me that we are paying Will Muschamp still at Auburn to coach and recruit against us at Auburn including landing many Florida prospects including number one overall Cowart. Once a Bulldog always a Bulldog.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n20110 said:
I'm only 5 minutes in, because I've pausing to post here lol. Don't even think about spoiling this for me son :)
My bad bro :Flush:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How the fuck did we lose to these scrubs at home? Terrible loss for Louisville. Harrell didn't so shit, and we haven't gotten anything from the C position all year long. It will be what gets us bounced early in the tournament as well. Beyond pissed about this one.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n20161 said:
How the fuck did we lose to these scrubs at home? Terrible loss for Louisville. Harrell didn't so shit, and we haven't gotten anything from the C position all year long. It will be what gets us bounced early in the tournament as well. Beyond pissed about this one.
It was a weird game, sorry brother. My Devils have their hands full with Cuse right now. Nervous