2014-2015 College Basketball Discussion thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
seekntruth;n20170 said:
It was a weird game, sorry brother. My Devils have their hands full with Cuse right now. Nervous
We just looked so flat. The only one that played with any passion and energy was Chris Jones. Harrell laid down when the double teams started coming, and let his lack of offense effect every other part of his game. Just a total clusterfuck from start to finish. Duke will win this by 8+.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n20172 said:
We just looked so flat. The only one that played with any passion and energy was Chris Jones. Harrell laid down when the double teams started coming, and let his lack of offense effect every other part of his game. Just a total clusterfuck from start to finish. Duke will win this by 8+.
Yeah they struggled a bit offensively and seemed to let it affect both sides of the ball.

Duke has been struggling with the outside shots bad, save for Matt Jones helping them get within three at half.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sachin tendulkar;n20115 said:
Awesome Wild it! Thanks for the response. This was one year after they did the same thing to Florida after trailing big time in the in the third quarter. To see that scumbag transfer Brock Berlin do it to his old club was like pouring salt in the wounds.

[video]http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=232492390[/video]

I can't even watch this video without getting my jimmies rustled. In fact i refuse to watch it. i will tell you I remember Ingle Martin Got hurt and a freshman Chris Leak replaced him only for the Zooker to have some bat shit crazy idea to have third string Gavin Dickey run with the option when Leak was moving the chains and scoring points. It's funny because Gator fans HATED Zook but in retrospect he looks like Vince Lombardi compared to Will Muschamp.

[video=youtube;Qc5erbhNYao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc5erbhNYao[/video]

Excellent synopsis on the current state of the Gator Football program Wild It! You really know your stuff! I am very impressed with Big Mac's ability to grab a few five star guys and salvage a decent recruiting class with only a few months to buiild relationships. Martez Ivey and CeCe jefferson will play immediately and make an impact....

It disgusts me that we are paying Will Muschamp still at Auburn to coach and recruit against us at Auburn including landing many Florida prospects including number one overall Cowart. Once a Bulldog always a Bulldog.

Good post sanchin. I think Florida fans are going to love JM. He runs an exciting style of offense...very diverse, and he's great with the media. He just needs to trust Geoff Collins to run the defense, so he can focus on offense. Ultimately, playing an exciting style is what will get UF back in with the elite recruits in Florida...which is what (recruiting) will make or break his tenure there. Muschamp allowed other schools (like us for example) Auburn, Miss St, etc to come in and win recruiting battles for Florida kids, and that simply cannot happen. They also need to out-recruit Miami every year, and compete with FSU in some recruiting battles as well. If he can get the right kids in there, he will win because he's proven that he can coach. That isn't even a question.

Jeremy Foley really fucked up not hiring Charlie Strong when Urban Meyer "retired". Looking back, it set the Florida program back 5 years because it ultimately led to Muschamp coming there. If they had hired Strong, they wouldn't have missed a beat and would have added at least one more NC, because they would have locked up Teddy Bridgewater.

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I can't begin to tell you how refreshing it is to actually talk to someone who knows his stuff about college football. I wish I could add more and not derail this college basketball thread but I don't really follow the College Basketball game as much anymore mostly due to the one and done situation and how it can totally dismantle a team. Between blue chippers leaving for the NBA and graduation if you get just one recruit is a flop or someone is injured it is the difference between NIT and the Final Four. Coaches are left with that dilemma of recruiting good to average four years guys and coaching them up or grabbing a player that will bolt for the NBA after a year. At least with Football you have three years with a player (unless a transfer) to build a team and watch the player develop.It would be nice if the NCAA did something similar. I know the new commish has it a top priority to get the NBA age limit set to 20 years old which would be a start to fixing this problem.

I watched JM press conference and was very impressed with his demeanor that was friendly and easy going yet poised and confident at the same time that he would fix the situation at Florida. His track record speaks itself at has the big game experience at Alabama and seems to welcome challenges head on. I love his mutt at the pound analogy to describe his offense talking about combining elements from different systems based around WHAT IS ONE THE ROSTER! Too many times you see stubborn coaches trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. I like that he wants to play the players that are the best and not some weird blind loyalty like Muschamp who trotted Driskel out to get slaughtered week after week after week. It was only after Jeff got hurt did he make the change that got the victory over Tennessee making it a decade straight. It will be a battle between Treon Harris and Will Greir with the better player of the two winning the starting job not who has Seniority. On a side note One interesting hire is former Miami coach Randy Shannon as Assoc HC/Co-DC/LB coach. Shannon will help put that fence around Miami and score some major recruits away from Miami and Florida St.

Yeah the what ifs in that Charlie Strong scenario are enough to drive you nuts. There is a great debate on why Strong wasn't hired from his availability all the way down to his wife's race. Either way it was a disaster for Florida and like you said maybe cost us a Championship with Miami native Bridgewater. Lets not forget that Cam Newton was the Back up to Tim Tebow before he was thrown off the team for stealing a laptop only to transfer to division 2 and then win the title with Auburn. So close to a mini dynasty if a few things go a different way.

oh and FRAT!

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n20172 said:
Good call on the 8.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sachin tendulkar;n20217 said:
Yeah the what ifs in that Charlie Strong scenario are enough to drive you nuts. There is a great debate on why Strong wasn't hired from his availability all the way down to his wife's race. Either way it was a disaster for Florida and like you said maybe cost us a Championship with Miami native Bridgewater. Lets not forget that Cam Newton was the Back up to Tim Tebow before he was thrown off the team for stealing a laptop only to transfer to division 2 and then win the title with Auburn. So close to a mini dynasty if a few things go a different way.

oh and FRAT!
Yeah, we heard all of the rumors about why Strong wasn't hired down there, when we hired him. How he had been passed over several times...not only by UF but by other SEC teams, because of his mixed marriage. I don't know what the true story is, but like any good coach, all it takes is one team hiring him...then he either fails or succeeds on merit. That's why our fanbase really thought that Strong would retire in Louisville...because we were the first program to give him a shot. And he even reiterated that many times during his tenure here. But he was also never satisfied and pretty full of shit. Because he said "Louisville gave me my first chance, this is where my heart is, etc"...and then he started flirting with A&M, Tenn immediately, before eventually bolting for Texas. He never thought we were big enough for him...even heading into the ACC. Oh well, we appreciate what he did for us and we move on. I do however think that he would have retired as HC of Florida if they had hired him after Urban left. His family loved it there, and he could have recruited the shit out of Miami/South Florida and won huge down there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Sachin, you see where Pitino suspended our starting PG today? Just lost to NC State at home, and now this. This season is going down the shitter at mach speed. This team never had any chemistry and he was a huge part of why that was the case, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. We shall see.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
All i know is my state got atleast 3goin to the Tourny..Butler,IU,and Notre Dame..maube Purdue...btw the 2 runner up teams from Butler had 3 kids from my home town on it..Nee Castle IN has largest High school Gym in the world..Can seat 10,000 google that bitch..New Castle Field house.., I whipped many asses in wrestling in this Mecca of HS SPORTS:saevilw:

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
You get the picture..or all 3of em

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;23361 said:
All i know is my state got atleast 3goin to the Tourny..Butler,IU,and Notre Dame..maube Purdue...btw the 2 runner up teams from Butler had 3 kids from my home town on it..Nee Castle IN has largest High school Gym in the world..Can seat 10,000 google that bitch..New Castle Field house.., I whipped many asses in wrestling in this Mecca of HS SPORTS:saevilw:

I'm in Indiana too, Bloomington. I really get into high school sports nowadays. I went to new castle to watch a tournament this year and visited the hall of fame. Cool gym and enjoyed the hall. We also went to anderson this year. I wish I could've seen their old gym too. The new one looks like a smaller scale of the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Bloomington Niceee...you ever swim in the rock quarries?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;n23390 said:
Bloomington Niceee...you ever swim in the rock quarries?
I've never even been to the most popular one they call Rooftop. The one from the movie. I had some friends jump from it when we where in high school. They have cracked down in recent years. Someone drowned a few years ago. People still go there, but I've heard you can't go near there during Little 500 weekend without getting hit with a trespassing charge. I did go to another, much smaller one, when I was in high school. I've never been a huge fan of swimming tho, and I'm less of a fan of getting arrested for trespassing.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The fucking wheels have come off of my team son...all four, and we're in need of a tow truck.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n23701 said:
The fucking wheels have come off of my team son...all four, and we're in need of a tow truck.
I'm sorry for your heartbreak brother :kiss:..........no homo!

D TRE

Feb 19, 2015
I Wild Each It;n16624 said:
I'm a Louisville fan, sachin - you nut! I smile ANY time a UK fan feels some sort of butt hurt...so thanks for posting those videos :)

I want to jump in on this...as a UK fan the feeling is mutual of course. We all know that basketball season is all the time at Kentucky. Florida won back to back championships and I am pretty sure they didn't fill their stadium. I heard RIck Pitino talked Billy Donovan out of the UK job...I heard his wife loved Lexington. It's kind of late to start my Kentucky 40-0 thread here but I will think about it.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Liles is Indiana boy...As coach cal said "we dont have backups we have reinforcements"..thats true shit..Pisses me off that one of the greatest rivalries in College Basketball IU vs KY isnt scheduled regularly anymore..thats utter bullshit if you ask me..then again atleast IU will have one less L lol..though we did beat KY last phenom team...been fun To see though..