2016 MLB Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Do we have some baseball fans in here?

Season starts today. Cards @ Pirates at 1 PM. There's a total of 4 games today. Love me some Opening Day.

I'm a traditionalist, so I don't consider the baseball season officially underway until that first pitch is thrown in Cincinnati. MLB shafted Cincy out of that tradition. For decades, the first pitch of every season was thrown in Cincinnati. An honor bestowed upon the organization for being the first ever professional baseball team. Oh well. At least they still allow them to start every season at home.

Opening Day in Cincinnati is a blast. It's an unofficial holiday. Parades, live music. The city basically shuts down.

It's probably not going to be a very good season for my Reds, but I love me some baseball.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I do like that the Cards are playing the Pirates. One of them is going to lose. Haha.

TheFightIdiot

Mr. Punch Punch Pendejo
Mar 31, 2016
Typical dumb dumb Reds fan. There is only 3 games today. I truly hope the Cubs keep their streak alive this year.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Do we have some baseball fans in here?

Season starts today. Cards @ Pirates at 1 PM. There's a total of 4 games today. Love me some Opening Day.

I'm a traditionalist, so I don't consider the baseball season officially underway until that first pitch is thrown in Cincinnati. MLB shafted Cincy out of that tradition. For decades, the first pitch of every season was thrown in Cincinnati. An honor bestowed upon the organization for being the first ever professional baseball team. Oh well. At least they still allow them to start every season at home.

Opening Day in Cincinnati is a blast. It's an unofficial holiday. Parades, live music. The city basically shuts down.

It's probably not going to be a very good season for my Reds, but I love me some baseball.
This took a few years off Mat Latos' life.

It's an even year, fellas. We all know what that means.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
wow that opening day parade looks so cool. you're lucky the Reds only play tomorrow though otherwise that holiday would go moot.

I still have two questions that will help me with fantasy baseball:

does Mike Leake have a chronic injury or something?

is Washington still a top team that can be expected to boost a SP's stats with a lot of "Wins" ?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
This took a few years off Mat Latos' life.
And mine. Latos is a good pitcher but he's a head case. If anything goes wrong he has a very difficult time recovering mentally. When Cozart made that error I knew it was going to be trouble.

Reds should have won that series in Game 3. Just brutal. But that's life as a Cincinnati sports fan. :(

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
does Mike Leake have a chronic injury or something?
No. Why? He's had a pretty good spring. I was sad to see him get traded. He's a damn good pitcher, and he's also a hell of a hitter. Pisses me off that he plays for the Cards now.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Gotta throw this one up here....

Dramaticly runs to the mound, then gets worked by a 46 year old Nolan Ryan. Haha.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It's official - St Louis Cardinals are in last place in the NL Central.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Not a good spring for the White Sox. Hopefully they pull it together and make a run.

Apr 3, 2015
I am also Dodgers fan. I hope they make the playoffs this year (hard not to with that pitching staff) and I hope they dont implode once again when they get there.