2016 MLB Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Socrates

Oct 30, 2016
I have dreamed a dream...

It's unbelievable. My brother in law called this once Theo was hired. That man is the greatest executive in baseball history, ending the two most famous century-long curses. It's just amazing to see the Cubs finally get theirs. It's been long overdue.

Feeling good :)

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I have dreamed a dream...

It's unbelievable. My brother in law called this once Theo was hired. That man is the greatest executive in baseball history, ending the two most famous century-long curses. It's just amazing to see the Cubs finally get theirs. It's been long overdue.

Feeling good :)
194 years of misery erased by him......

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I don't work until 2 tomorrow otherwise Id be doing the same thing. good luck dvr'ing it though, lol.
By the time I locked up the house, brushed my teeth and actually got to bed they were taking the tarp off. So I saw it live. Great game.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I can't take A rod serious since I found out he has a painting of himself as a centaur .
I don't have anything against A Rod, but he's pretty bad on camera. No personality. I was a big fan of Pete Rose during his playing days, but he's not that good on camera either. I'm glad the rain delay was brief because that shit was brutal TV.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
ECC170 @ECC170 extremely happy for you......was listening to Joel guy on chael podcast and chael bought him tickets for game 5.......he said that wrigley is the biggest dump of a stadium he's ever seen, lol.....this coming from a die hard Cubs fan....
Said the TVs inside the stadium, for those that can't see from obstructed seats, are tiny TVs and in a five second delay........unreal

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Wow!
Tag to second on a fly to center in the World series.
I've never seen that.
You should see it all the time. Baseball's "rules" for baserunning on flyballs irritate the shit out of me. I teach that you only go halfway on a fly if you think you might get doubled up if they drop it. If they look like they are going to catch it and there is no way they double you up if they don't, get your ass back and tag up. If they miss it, advance as many bases as you can. If they catch it, advance a base.

The fact the announcers were making such a big deal about that play proves how dumb the typical runner is. "Flyball? Oh, I better go halfway."

The one that really drives me nuts is when there is a guy on 2nd and a ball is hit deep to the outfield. Inevitably, the runner goes half way to third and waits to see what happens with the catch. Why? If he catches it, you have to tag up anyway but probably won't be able to advance if you were halfway to 3rd. And if he misses it, you should have plenty of time to get from 2nd to home while he hunts around for the ball anyway.

More often than not, you'll see the catch made and the runner jogs back to 2nd, where if they had kept their ass on 2nd they could have advance to 3rd.

Drives me CRAZY.

/end rant

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Congrats to the Cubs fans on here. Great season, and I think the better team won the Series. Cubs are the best in MLB right now.

But I've got news for you...now that you guys aren't losers, you aren't very loveable. So that ship has sailed.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Congrats to the Cubs fans on here. Great season, and I think the better team won the Series. Cubs are the best in MLB right now.

Buy I've got news for you...now that you guys aren't losers, you aren't very loveable. So that ship has sailed.
Yeah........ ECC170 @ECC170 moving forward, if you play the Red Sox, I hate you and your team......actually, I can't hate you but you know what I mean

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You should see it all the time. Baseball's "rules" for baserunning on flyballs irritate the shit out of me. I teach that you only go halfway on a fly if you think you might get doubled up if they drop it. If they look like they are going to catch it and there is no way they double you up if they don't, get your ass back and tag up. If they miss it, advance as many bases as you can. If they catch it, advance a base.

The fact the announcers were making such a big deal about that play proves how dumb the typical runner is. "Flyball? Oh, I better go halfway."

The one that really drives me nuts is when there is a guy on 2nd and a ball is hit deep to the outfield. Inevitably, the runner goes half way to third and waits to see what happens with the catch. Why? If he catches it, you have to tag up anyway but probably won't be able to advance if you were halfway to 3rd. And if he misses it, you should have plenty of time to get from 2nd to home while he hunts around for the ball anyway.

More often than not, you'll see the catch made and the runner jogs back to 2nd, where if they had kept their ass on 2nd they could have advance to 3rd.

Drives me CRAZY.

/end rant
By in large part I fully agree, but I think the counter would be if you guys halfway between second and third and he drops it you score pretty easily rather than scrambling just to make the extra base.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
By in large part I fully agree, but I think the counter would be if you guys halfway between second and third and he drops it you score pretty easily rather than scrambling just to make the extra base.
I'd play the odds that 95% of those balls are caught. If that play happens 100 times in a season, I'd rather the guy on 2nd be sitting on 3rd every time (and that's assuming he doesn't go from 2nd to home on a missed flyball), rather than having him standing on 2nd base 95 times and only scoring 5 times.

I don't know if that makes sense. it's early and I only got 4 hours of sleep last night.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yeah........ ECC170 @ECC170 moving forward, if you play the Red Sox, I hate you and your team......actually, I can't hate you but you know what I mean
I'd love to punish you guys next year..good luck with those Indians though they are TOUGH

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And The Dynasty has begun.
Or has it?

Fowler signed by the Cardinals.
Chapman signed by the Yankees.
Ross retired.

I don't think any of these moves were completely unexpected, but they're already missing some pieces that helped them win it all.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Fowler is a sack of shit, and Chapman is what he has always been, a Yankee. Theo will take care of these issues.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Fowler is a sack of shit, and Chapman is what he has always been, a Yankee. Theo will take care of these issues.
Maybe, but the Cubs look fresh out of leadoff hitters now. If Baez wasn't such an idiot he might fit that spot but he has zero discipline at the plate.

Liw_LozanoIII

MMASMG fan
Oct 17, 2015
Did I hear Yankees being mentioned. We have some young stars also thanks to the cubs for giving us your best prospect he looked amazing this winter league.

Welcome home Chappie and welcome Holiday a few more arms and we are set up nicely for the next few years.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Did I hear Yankees being mentioned. We have some young stars also thanks to the cubs for giving us your best prospect he looked amazing this winter league.

Welcome home Chappie and welcome Holiday a few more arms and we are set up nicely for the next few years.
Let me guess, life long Cavs and Warriors fan too?