2016 TMMAC New Year Background

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think this would be a nice addition in the New Year :balloon::partypooper::balloon:

New Year / Website's 1st Birthday Combo :)

I agree! Super nice!

See the theme down at bottom for selection. If you have the time to provide the other sizes, I'll default the theme until after the 1st.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I agree! Super nice!

See the theme down at bottom for selection. If you have the time to provide the other sizes, I'll default the theme until after the 1st.
nice. k here we go. I retouched the Desktop one too. added some glitter in the main logo and some silver stars. and the champage bottle say 2016.

Narrow

Mobile

Medium

Desktop

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
nice. k here we go. I retouched the Desktop one too. added some glitter in the main logo and some silver stars. and the champage bottle say 2016.

Narrow

Mobile

Medium

Desktop

What the shit...never got notified of this.

Derp.

Looks great, my fault!

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
How exactly do you design these things lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale?
First I take a screenshot of the 4 sizes. Then i cut out the forum in each size and use it as a stencil to edit out the background.

Although I think I may have mixed something up. Does the happy new years sign get clipped for you on the cell in portrait mode?

I was following the forum's response settings.

I was thinking the narrow was portrait and the mobile was the landscape mode like in their settings up there, but I think that may be wrong in that.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Here's what portrait looks like on my phone lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale

And here's landscape.

How do you do the art? That's what is so awesome.
thanks, that helps me see how other phones see it. My view is the exact same as that. Mobile for portrait, and moble for landscape. I thought most of us saw it through narrow on potrait and mobile for landscape. Guess that's not the case.

Our looks a little bit different though because you have that extra black mod bar that normal users dont get so your forum gets pushed down a bit more.

Thanks! :) I edit the hell out of it in photoshop like my cartoons hehe. I move stuff around to see if the theme works or not. Sometimes it doesn't look good and i scrap them. like the christmas one that i made was going to be a bit different. I was going to make the wallpaper look like a bad christmas sweater and then a brick background with a window looking into someones house with their decorations but tried it and scrapped it thinking an ice background with a snowy snowman seemed like a better fit. Its kind of trial and error.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks! :) I edit the hell out of it in photoshop like my cartoons hehe. I move stuff around to see if the theme works or not. Sometimes it doesn't look good and i scrap them. like the christmas one that i made was going to be a bit different. I was going to make the wallpaper look like a bad christmas sweater and then a brick background with a window looking into someones house with their decorations but tried it and scrapped it thinking an ice background with a snowy snowman seemed like a better fit. Its kind of trial and error.
Man I would love to be able to do that stuff. I find it intriguing. Where do you get the art from? Like the champagne bottles, glasses, fireworks. etc. Are are you drawing all of that from scratch on a software?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Man I would love to be able to do that stuff. I find it intriguing. Where do you get the art from? Like the champagne bottles, glasses, fireworks. etc. Are are you drawing all of that from scratch on a software?
ill find them from the web and edit them. like for instance this is the cake:

but i took the letters off the top and changed the colour of it and then added the 1 birthday number

and this is the fireworks. with the colour changed and background taken out on top of the wallpaper.

this is the glitter found in the text

you take all the elements and then you kind of put them together to see how it all goes.

The happy new years sign is made in text and then i create the wire from shapes and then added glitter and paint it from scratch kind of thing.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ill find them from the web and edit them. like for instance this is the cake:

but i took the letters off the top and changed the colour of it and then added the 1 birthday number

and this is the fireworks. with the colour changed and background taken out on top of the wallpaper.

this is the glitter found in the text

you take all the elements and then you kind of put them together to see how it all goes.

The happy new years sign is made in text and then i create the wire from shapes and then added glitter and paint it from scratch kind of thing.
Amazing work my man. You have got some serious skills.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You should download Photoshop. Maybe play around with it a bit. You could make some pretty cool stuff if this interests you. I can help you out if you have any questions regarding it too.
I will do that soon my friend. Thank you.