General 2017 Family in need - Ideas thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
So as we approach the halfway mark to the year I think we should start thinking about who we're going to help this year and how.

Last year was a great success IIRC, Im thinking this year we help someone from a less developed part of the world? Maybe we can do something big a turn a whole village's fortune around? Maybe our brazilian member who's name escapes me can put the money forward to some flavela Kids and we can sponsor their education for a year? Galt might have some suggestions as well.

IDK...

Here's what Im proposing, someone trustworthy like Splinty sets up a gofundme now and we can all contribute monthly for the next 6 months and do something bigger this year?

I reckon it would be cool to sponsor a clean water pump, educational materials like books and pens and maybe a big Christmas feast for a village in Africa somewhere but not sure how.

These are just ideas, lets start talking bitches.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I sponsor a kid in Ghana, her village sucks.
Just a toilet would be nice.
If TMMAC does something, I'll get a passport and fly there myself to hand deliver it and video the whole thing.
We might even reach out to Justin Wren and get some outreach going with Fight for the forgotten being involved and run it on a Bellator.
Maybe CutmanMatt @CutmanMatt & Jimmy can pull some strings.
I'll do my part in coordinating the effort logistically.
Either way I'm in.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I sponsor a kid in Ghana, her village sucks.
Just a toilet would be nice.
If TMMAC does something, I'll get a passport and fly there myself to hand deliver it and video the whole thing.
We might even reach out to Justin Wren and get some outreach going with Fight for the forgotten being involved and run it on a Bellator.
Maybe CutmanMatt @CutmanMatt & Jimmy can pull some strings.
I'll do my part in coordinating the effort logistically.
Either way I'm in.

Cheers bud much appreciated.

PS. You dont have a passport???

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Great idea. But I have braces to pay for this year for my son. They ain't cheap.

I know, I know....first world problems.