Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I don't mind it. At most, the starting pitcher comes to the plate 3 times in a game - And that's only if he's dealing. Unless the offense put up a shit ton of runs, by the 3rd AB you are getting into the 6th or 7th inning anyway so it is pinch hitters from there on out.

Batting him 8th doesn't make sense, because if he does happen to get a hit you don't want the pitcher up there. Billy doesn't need a sacrifice - he can just steal the base if you need him at 2nd or 3rd. Bat him 9th, pray for a hit and roll it to the top.

But if he can maintain a .320+ OBP - which is pretty damn low for a leadoff guy - I'd still keep him at 1. I'm not convinced he has that in him though.
On most team's the 8th hitter is better than the pinch hitting possibilities, but Cincy is an exception. Not a huge difference though, maybe worth a win over the course of a season.

I don't know what to expect from him, guy seems to defy any & all projections on how a player improves throughout a career.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
On most team's the 8th hitter is better than the pinch hitting possibilities, but Cincy is an exception. Not a huge difference though, maybe worth a win over the course of a season.

I don't know what to expect from him, guy seems to defy any & all projections on how a player improves throughout a career.
Yeah, I'm looking at it based on Cincy's team.
I just want him to give up switch hitting and bunt more often - regardless of where he is in the lineup.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Mets GM claims that Tim Tebow received 1 of the 15 non-roster invites to spring training because he truly believes he will make the majors at some point.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with drawing big crowds or creating a buzz around the team, and everything to do with seeing if the 30 year old Tebow can improve over his .226 average that he hit in Single A ball last season.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Mets GM claims that Tim Tebow received 1 of the 15 non-roster invites to spring training because he truly believes he will make the majors at some point.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with drawing big crowds or creating a buzz around the team, and everything to do with seeing if the 30 year old Tebow can improve over his .226 average that he hit in Single A ball last season.
they have the 29th ranked farm system, he might be one of their top prospects

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
they have the 29th ranked farm system, he might be one of their top prospects
That's funny because I was looking at the position players that didn't get a call and I couldn't find any players to make a solid argument for.

Their cupboard is pretty bare.