Sports 2017 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Good win for Miami.
I think NE might have been looking ahead to PIT.

M

member 3289

Good win for Miami.
I think NE might have been looking ahead to PIT.
Nah. They just got beat. But Gronk being suspended hurt them big time. When I heard the suspension announced last week I knew we'd have a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
So The Bad Man Aaron Rodgers is going to Start this week against the Carolina Panthers? Hopefully he doesn't take a hit on the collarbone.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So The Bad Man Aaron Rodgers is going to Start this week against the Carolina Panthers? Hopefully he doesn't take a hit on the collarbone.
There's a very slim chance they can still get a Wild Card. I'm assuming that's what is driving this decision.

I'm sure Jordy Nelson is happy. He's been pretty much ignored since Rodgers went down.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Some great games this week.

LAR @ SEA
Rams can basically shut the door on Pete Carroll and the cheap-shotting Seahawks with a victory tomorrow. A win would give the Rams a 2 game lead with only 2 games left, all but guaranteeing Seattle's only chance at the post-season would be via the Wild Card - If they even get that. Seattle still has to play @DAL - aka "The Return of Zeke".

NE @ PIT
The best two teams in the AFC battling for home field advantage in the playoffs. The Patriots have completely owned the Steelers in recent history and I'm thinking that continues. Gronk is back. And Belichick still owns Tomlin.

Other notables...
Aaron Rodgers returns in an attempt to run the table and take Green Bay from 7-6 to 10-6 (last 3 games @CAR, MIN, @DET), which still wouldn't guarantee a playoff spot. They'd need to jump 2 of the 3 teams already ahead of them in the Wild Card standings - Carolina (9-4), Atlanta (8-5) and Seattle (8-5). And they'd have to hope that no other 7-6 team in the NFC runs the table (DAL, DET).

Carson Wentz is out for the season, so Nick Foles takes over the rest of the way. Philly has been the best team in the NFL posting a record of 11-2. They have a game @NYG tomorrow, then a prime time matchup against Oakland and they finish it out with DAL at home. Foles has proven to be a very capable backup, but Wentz was playing at an MVP level all season. Him going down was a tough break.

SD @ KC
The winner takes control of 1st place in the AFC West.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Also - Don't forget we have 2 games today.

CHI @ DET @ 4:30
LAC @ KC @ 8:25

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
So the NFL and the networks should probably work on things if they want ratings to go back up.

My 2 choices right now are between Cards/Redskins (useless game that's at least somewhat geographically meaningful based on my location) or Jets/Saints (a shit game that's mostly meaningless and not geographically relevant)...

The Dolphins/Bills game is more meaningful than the Jets/Saints game.

And Packers/Panthers is a damned playoff game and geographically meaningful.

But no... Just keep feeding bullshit and expect people to watch it.

So now I'll be streaming football for the rest of the year even if something is on that I want to see. Fuck your advertising dollars.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
LOL @ Kyle Rudolph - who is from Cincy - doing the Ickey Shuffle after his TD.

That's cold, bro.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So the NFL and the networks should probably work on things if they want ratings to go back up.

My 2 choices right now are between Cards/Redskins (useless game that's at least somewhat geographically meaningful based on my location) or Jets/Saints (a shit game that's mostly meaningless and not geographically relevant)...

The Dolphins/Bills game is more meaningful than the Jets/Saints game.

And Packers/Panthers is a damned playoff game and geographically meaningful.

But no... Just keep feeding bullshit and expect people to watch it.

So now I'll be streaming football for the rest of the year even if something is on that I want to see. Fuck your advertising dollars.
Professional sports is about the only organization I can think of that chooses to limit its exposure to its fanbase.

You'd think they'd want every game on TV in every market to maximize viewership.