Sports 2018/2019 NBA Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

Officially starts tonight

It's gonna be a looooooooooong season for my Knicks, but I'm looking forward to some great games this year.

Golden State vs Toronto Raptors is my Finals prediction, (Golden State getting the 3-Peat)

M

member 603

Knicks on pace to win 82 games and average 126 ppg.

Welcome to the Fizdale era.

I know, right? I was like GOTTDAMN!!!! They must've heard that people said they weren't going to be good, and decided to get rid of all the fucks in game one.... They may be a surprise team, it is just game 1, but still.... GOTTDAMN!!!

M

member 603

36-46 at best
I love the Knicks, lifelong fan..... But with the roster we have, I predicted 25-28 wins for us in this rebuilding year (out future is bright with a talented core of young player, KP coming back at the end of the season, cap space for a Durant chase, and in the mix for Zion Williamson). That said, I can see us playing spoiler for a lot of teams.... And if we win 30 games, I'd call that a successful season

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I love the Knicks, lifelong fan..... But with the roster we have, I predicted 25-28 wins for us in this rebuilding year (out future is bright with a talented core of young player, KP coming back at the end of the season, cap space for a Durant chase, and in the mix for Zion Williamson). That said, I can see us playing spoiler for a lot of teams.... And if we win 30 games, I'd call that a successful season
I gambled on Kevin Knox in a fantasy dynasty league. He had a rough first game going 4/16, but he clearly has the red light to shoot. I think the Knicks have no choice but to let him learn on the job.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Gonna watch Lebron in his Laker gear tonight. Gonna be weird.

LA probably gonna go 82-0 this year.

M

member 603

Gonna watch Lebron in his Laker gear tonight. Gonna be weird.

LA probably gonna go 82-0 this year.
LeBron will singlehandedly keep them in AND win games for them this year, but I don't think that he'll have the tank for the whole season.... I see the Lakers winning 44-48 games this year, ending up in the 4-7 seed, and maybe making it to the second round of the playoffs, but more likely than not being eliminated in the first round.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
LeBron will singlehandedly keep them in AND win games for them this year, but I don't think that he'll have the tank for the whole season.... I see the Lakers winning 44-48 games this year, ending up in the 4-7 seed, and maybe making it to the second round of the playoffs, but more likely than not being eliminated in the first round.
Has a Lebron team ever been eliminated in the 1st round?

M

member 603

Has a Lebron team ever been eliminated in the 1st round?
Great question, not sure.... But look at the top 4 teams in the west, not sure this Lakers team can beat any of them in series.... GS, Houston, New Orleans, Minny, OKC will be ok (rough first outing), and you look at the talent in Denver, Portland, even Phoenix.... It will be a tall task for the Lakers

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
The Raptors look damn good
Yeah, and Kawhi is still learning he system.
The East isn’t stacked like the West but there are some good exciting teams. Toronto, Boston, Philly, and if Miami ends up getting Butler they’re right in the mix. It will be tough for any of those teams to run in a 7 game series with Golden state, LA, or Houston, but the regular season/east playoffs are going to be great.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Great question, not sure.... But look at the top 4 teams in the west, not sure this Lakers team can beat any of them in series.... GS, Houston, New Orleans, Minny, OKC will be ok (rough first outing), and you look at the talent in Denver, Portland, even Phoenix.... It will be a tall task for the Lakers
82-0

M

member 3289

Yeah, and Kawhi is still learning he system.
The East isn’t stacked like the West but there are some good exciting teams. Toronto, Boston, Philly, and if Miami ends up getting Butler they’re right in the mix. It will be tough for any of those teams to run in a 7 game series with Golden state, LA, or Houston, but the regular season/east playoffs are going to be great.
Miami isn't getting Butler