General 2018 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Dodgers 3rd Baseman Justin Turner was hit by a pitch yesterday and broke his wrist.

Turner hit .322 with 21 homers and 71 RBI last season.

It's a non-displaced fracture, and he will likely miss the first 2 or 3 weeks of the season. Look for the Dodgers to move Logan Forsythe over to 3rd and stick veteran Chase Utley at 2B while Turner is out.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The back story of how Stanton became a Yankee:
Giancarlo Stanton makes the Yankees a literal powerhouse

“On basically my first day on the job, Cash called me into his office and said, ‘I think we got Stanton,’” says new skipper Aaron Boone. “I was like, ‘Huh. Good first day here.’”

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The back story of how Stanton became a Yankee:
Giancarlo Stanton makes the Yankees a literal powerhouse

“On basically my first day on the job, Cash called me into his office and said, ‘I think we got Stanton,’” says new skipper Aaron Boone. “I was like, ‘Huh. Good first day here.’”
More like bune said “huh, I’m dumb as fuck, you gifted me this job and who’s Stanton?”

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Hauler, has a rookie coach ever won the World Series, or are we about to witness history?

Bob Brenly was a first year manager for Arizona when they won it all in 2001.

That was when they had Mark Grace, Jay Bell, Matt Williams and Luis Gonzalez along with starting pitchers Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson. Solid club.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Bob Brenly was a first year manager for Arizona when they won it all in 2001.

That was when they had Mark Grace, Jay Bell, Matt Williams and Luis Gonzalez along with starting pitchers Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson. Solid club.
Sounds a lot like the 2018 New York Yankees.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Offensively maybe.
I don't think you guys have any Schillings or Johnsons in your rotation
Tanaka, cc, and sevy say otherwise.

On second thought, I take back what I said earlier. The 2018 Yanks would spank that team.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Tanaka, cc, and sevy say otherwise.

On second thought, I take back what I said earlier. The 2018 Yanks would spank that team.
If Severino hits his ceiling this year he'll be the only one close to the level Shilling & Randy Johnson were

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Attn: Robbie Hart @Robbie Hart

Sorry, haters: The Yankees are loaded -- and there's more talent on the way

• David SchoenfieldESPN Senior Writer
IT'S A COUPLE of days before the New York Yankees play their first spring training game, and Justus Sheffield, Chance Adams and Dillon Tate are seated in chairs in a semi-circle around CC Sabathia in a corner of the clubhouse at George M. Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, Florida.

As the Yankees' elder statesman, Sabathia gets two lockers in a corner, away from the traffic that includes players, trainers, clubhouse staff, media members, media relations personnel, interpreters and the occasional coach or front-office member. It's certainly no coincidence that the two lockers on the adjacent wall, before you get to the doorway that leads to the dugout and other offices, belong to Sheffield and Adams.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Attn: Robbie Hart @Robbie Hart

• David SchoenfieldESPN Senior Writer
IT'S A COUPLE of days before the New York Yankees play their first spring training game, and Justus Sheffield, Chance Adams and Dillon Tate are seated in chairs in a semi-circle around CC Sabathia in a corner of the clubhouse at George M. Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, Florida.

As the Yankees' elder statesman, Sabathia gets two lockers in a corner, away from the traffic that includes players, trainers, clubhouse staff, media members, media relations personnel, interpreters and the occasional coach or front-office member. It's certainly no coincidence that the two lockers on the adjacent wall, before you get to the doorway that leads to the dugout and other offices, belong to Sheffield and Adams.

I don’t read ESPN opinion articles.....those writers are stupid and typical mainstream dorks......sorry, dorks get no respect from me

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Blue Jays, going to play the game the right guy way! Believe in themselves and each other and show these fucking assholes the game is more than just signing the best free agents.

Fuck off Boston!
Fuck off New York!
Eat my balls!!!

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Blue Jays, going to play the game the right guy way! Believe in themselves and each other and show these fucking assholes the game is more than just signing the best free agents.

Fuck off Boston!
Fuck off New York!
Eat my balls!!!

Put your balls on the table and I’ll smash them with a hammer

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Fuck off Boston!
Fuck off New York!
Eat my balls!!!

They're still a team? Lol!