Sports 2018 NCAA Football Season

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thanks. I try to pick big national games. I email to a handful of people so I always include USCe and Clemson for them. And there will be a SEC slant. But if there is a particular team you want I'll make effort to always include them too
Naw
it is just nice to see what is on TV
I only have regular old Antennae and no cable

Almost went to Oregon Washington today(1 mile from stadium can hear it from here)...but I am still trimming the cannabis harvest so had to pass on the tickets

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Central Florida getting curb-stomped.
30-17 at halftime.
I didn't see that coming.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Some big playoff implications this weekend.

Georgia lost to LSU. They can still play their way back into the playoff talk, but they now need to win out, and that includes a win over Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.

Penn State lost for the second time this year. Their playoff hopes are over. Same with Washington, who lost to Oregon.

Teams picking up their first loss of the season: West Virginia and Colorado.

Notre Dame barely survived their game against Pittsburgh, but the Irish probably came away as one of the biggest winners of the weekend with all the losses by top programs. ND has a cake walk for the rest of the season (Navy, Northwestern, Florida State, Syracuse & USC) and no championship game to worry about, so you can practically pencil them in right now unless they lay an egg.

Despite getting a win, Central Florida probably played themselves out of the picture with a 1 point come-from-behind win over a so-so Memphis team.

Your playoff teams as of now:
  • Alabama - That Nov 3 game @ LSU is gonna be must-watch TV.
  • Ohio State - For the 2nd week in a row, they played uninspired football. Need to improve.
  • Clemson - Like Notre Dame, no real threats left on the schedule. Maybe Miami in ACC Championship?
  • Notre Dame - Cakewalk

Last edited:

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
The only silver lining to UGA losing this weekend is so many other ranked teams, and top 10 teams, lost too. So it kind of gets lost in the shuffle. Add in the bye this weekend, a lot of injured players scheduled to return, and UGA can still make it a really good season.

The downside UGA's remaining scheduling going into the LSU game was ranked the 9th toughest remaining schedule in the country per FPI. So if they don't get it together then there will be more losses to come.

They are favored, as of now, in every remaining game though.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I'll be at the Clemson vs NC State game this upcoming weekend. While Clemson is a healthy 17 point favorite right now I think it could be a pretty good game. Clemson is struggling at QB, NC State is riding high.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

Georgia lost to LSU. They can still play their way back into the playoff talk, but they now need to win out, and that includes a win over Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.

Penn State lost for the second time this year. Their playoff hopes are over. Same with Washington, who lost to Oregon.

Notre Dame barely survived their game against Pittsburgh, but the Irish probably came away as one of the biggest winners of the weekend with all the losses by top programs. ND has a cake walk for the rest of the season (Navy, Northwestern, Florida State, Syracuse & USC) and no championship game to worry about, so you can practically pencil them in right now unless they lay an egg.

Despite getting a win, Central Florida probably played themselves out of the picture with a 1 point come-from-behind win over a so-so Memphis team.

• Ohio State - For the 2nd week in a row, they played uninspired football. Need to improve.
  • Clemson - Like Notre Dame, no real threats left on the schedule. Maybe Miami in ACC Championship?
  • Notre Dame - Cakewalk
When LSU beats Bama, your playoff predictions are fudged.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
When LSU beats Bama, your playoff predictions are fudged.
Those aren't my end of year predictions.
This is where I was guessing the top 4 would end up after this week's chaos.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Looking at USCe's remaining schedule this morning. Good chance they do not make a bowl this year. If they can reschedule the Marshall game they might. Chattanooga is a lock. But vs Tennessee and then @ Ole Miss, @ Florida, and @ Clemson is a tough stretch for them.

Living near a fan base is probably the best way to hate a fan base and boy do I hate USCs as a result. So seeing them falter bring me quite a bit of joy. I would love to see them miss out on a bowl

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Needless to say, but I’m now rooting for Michigan to beat OSU this year

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Joey Bosa called it quits. Preparing for the NDL draft.

Not that I blame him. Still sucks though. I was looking forward to him getting 4 sacks and a fumble against Michigan.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The cheap streak ends this year.....been hanging by a thread for years......it’s over

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

• Notre Dame - Cakewalk
Yep, last weekend was chaos. Im not so sure if UCF played their way out, but they need ND and/or Clemson to lose one, I think.