Sports 2018 NCAA Football Season

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Ball was out for less than a second.
He hit him with his arms, not his helmet.
Didn't follow him to the ground.

That's a bullshit call.
Well now the best defensive player has to miss the first half of the Bama game, so you know the conspiracies are ramping up in Louisiana lol

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Well now the best defensive player has to miss the first half of the Bama game, so you know the conspiracies are ramping up in Louisiana lol
I am a big fan of advanced statistics, like S&P+

It is a great foundation/guide to games and to see where teams mask their deficiencies or areas they are really strong at

and as a season progresses the advanced statistics become more accurate, as they have more data on each team. but there are still outliers that fly in the face of expected outcomes

this year's LSU is an outlier. this a team that should have lost 2-3 more games, has lost the offensive efficiency multiple times, wins the turnover margin more than they should, etc

it is quite fascinating, really.

but when you're an overachieving team, statistically, you def. don't want a player of that caliber out vs a team like Alabama. I feel like Alabama wins in a blowout regardless but LSU has just been proving so many of us wrong all season so who knows

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Ready for Saturday at 3:30

Win and the season continues, all goals still intact

Lose and it'll be a disappointing season.

Remember, Georgia - Florida is a game. Florida - Georgia is a (shitty) band

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Thursday

7:00
Baylor vs #13 WVU
FS1

7:30
#25 App St vs Georgia Southern
ESPNU
Georgia tech vs Virginia Tech
ESPN

Friday

6:30
Miami vs Boston College
ESPN

10:30
#23 Utah vs UCLA
ESPN

Saturday

Noon
#2 Clemson vs FSU
ABC

3:30
#7 UGA vs #9 Florida
CBS
#18 Iowa vs #17 Penn St
#21 USF vs Houston
ABC/ESPN2

4:00
#12 Kentucky vs Missouri
SECN

6:30
#15 Washington vs Cal
FS1

7:00
#14 Washington St vs #24 Stanford
P12N
#16 Texas A&M vs Mississippi St
ESPN
#22 NC State vs Syracuse
ESPN2

Tennessee vs USCe
SECN

8:00
#6 Texas vs Oklahoma St
ABC
#3 Notre Dame vs Navy
NBC

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think UGA will pound Florida.

I fully expect UofL to lose to Wake Forest on homecoming.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I think UGA will pound Florida.

I fully expect UofL to lose to Wake Forest on homecoming.
I hope so, the fan base is pretty sour right now. several de-commits lately, including two highly ranked 5*. a lot of rumbles about the poor offensive play calling, shuffling of players, not playing the hot player, the mishandling of Fields, etc. add in the blowout loss to LSU and a bye week to let that all stew and it makes for some pretty upset fans

go in, blow out Florida, have a nice game offensively, and all the stomachs will begin to settle. keep playing offensively as they have and lose to Florida and a the fanbase will be demanding Chaney and Coley are fired. most have wanted Chaney fired since that it was announced he was hired ha

and y'all can't be bad enough to lose to Wake, can you? I can't remember if I posted here or not but I went to their stadium this year when they played Clemson a few weeks ago. Smallest stadium in P5 but those individual seats are nice

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I hope so, the fan base is pretty sour right now. several de-commits lately, including two highly ranked 5*. a lot of rumbles about the poor offensive play calling, shuffling of players, not playing the hot player, the mishandling of Fields, etc. add in the blowout loss to LSU and a bye week to let that all stew and it makes for some pretty upset fans

go in, blow out Florida, have a nice game offensively, and all the stomachs will begin to settle. keep playing offensively as they have and lose to Florida and a the fanbase will be demanding Chaney and Coley are fired. most have wanted Chaney fired since that it was announced he was hired ha

and y'all can't be bad enough to lose to Wake, can you? I can't remember if I posted here or not but I went to their stadium this year when they played Clemson a few weeks ago. Smallest stadium in P5 but those individual seats are nice
Dude...the only teams we've beaten this year are WKU and Indiana St. We are definitely that bad.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Struggling to be coherant here
UGA's offensive playcalling and rhtym can eat a dick
they outtalent everyone they beat
I hate what is happening

Kentcuky was a great story. but it helps uga that they took an L

fuck florida

clemson doing work. somethin like 160 to 20 vs oppoents the last 3 games. that is not that bad

A7m is going to be dangerous

richt. richt. richt. I love you but dude. do better

fuck usc. both of them

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Struggling to be coherant here
UGA's offensive playcalling and rhtym can eat a dick
they outtalent everyone they beat
I hate what is happening

Kentcuky was a great story. but it helps uga that they took an L

fuck florida

clemson doing work. somethin like 160 to 20 vs oppoents the last 3 games. that is not that bad

A7m is going to be dangerous

richt. richt. richt. I love you but dude. do better

fuck usc. both of them
UK pulled another one out of their ass.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
UK pulled another one out of their ass.
Kentucky being ranked #12 is the most laughable thing I've ever seen.

My dream right now is that Ohio State gets matched up against them in a bowl game so the Buckeyes can throttle those fuckers by 40 points. Not sure if that will happen though as UK will likely lose their next 2 games (Georgia, @ Tennessee)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Kentucky being ranked #12 is the most laughable thing I've ever seen.

My dream right now is that Ohio State gets matched up against them in a bowl game so the Buckeyes can throttle those fuckers by 40 points. Not sure if that will happen though as UK will likely lose their next 2 games (Georgia, @ Tennessee)
That pass interference call they got with 4 min to play was a gift of all gifts...and on the road too. Unreal. They’re just having one of those seasons where everything has went right so far.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
@Wild so with Clemson being a nearly 40 point favorite this weekend, and UGA playing for the division at 3:30, I sold my tickets

ha it is not worth 3+ hours of driving and the all the costs to go to a game to see yet another Clemson blowout

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
the only poll that matters debuts tonight

my predictions:

a lot of non-sec fans will bitch, like always
UCF has played a shit schedule and that will show where they are ranked. people will bitch, and mostly blame the sec
Kentucky is 10th or 11th. I am rooting for them to be 10th
Miami ruined LSU's chance at being 4th
A&M is the highest ranked 3 loss team

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
my reactions:

LSU, Florida, Miss St, and A&M are all higher than I expected
I think Kentucky is right and it benefits UGA, if UGA wins
UCF is still too high at 12th
tOSU seems right
So many of these top teams will play each other that the rankings will change a ton. Alabama vs LSU, UGA vs Kentucky, Michigan vs tOSU, winner of UGA/Kentucky vs the winner of Alabama/LSU, Oklahoma vs WVU, WVU vs Texas, etc

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
My prediction for UGA - Kentucky

Kentucky's defense is legit. One of the best in the country. UGA's offense, aside from the loss to LSU, is averaging 42 points per game. Their lowest scoring game in a win was this pasty weekend to Florida where they finished with 36 points.

Kentucky's offense is is pretty meh. The passing game is of zero threat and the run game just does not score a lot of points. UGA's defense is behind Kentucky's defense but it is much better than Kentucky's offense.

Kentucky will make some plays on defense, they will force UGA to punt several times. But UGA's margin of victory has been 14 or more in every winning game this season and they're averaging 28 point margin of victory.

UGA wins,they win by more than the current line which is 9 points, but they do not win by more than their 28 point season average. I also predict UGA scores below their 42 point season average in winning games.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My prediction for UGA - Kentucky

Kentucky's defense is legit. One of the best in the country. UGA's offense, aside from the loss to LSU, is averaging 42 points per game. Their lowest scoring game in a win was this pasty weekend to Florida where they finished with 36 points.

Kentucky's offense is is pretty meh. The passing game is of zero threat and the run game just does not score a lot of points. UGA's defense is behind Kentucky's defense but it is much better than Kentucky's offense.

Kentucky will make some plays on defense, they will force UGA to punt several times. But UGA's margin of victory has been 14 or more in every winning game this season and they're averaging 28 point margin of victory.

UGA wins,they win by more than the current line which is 9 points, but they do not win by more than their 28 point season average. I also predict UGA scores below their 42 point season average in winning games.
UGA 27
UK 13

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Thursday

#12 UCF vs Temple
ESPN

Friday

Pitt vs #25 UVA