General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's going to be terrible if it doesn't.

Because I'm sure that if they're not playing, the NFL won't either so that'll be no football at all. Awful to even think about
I'm already going fucking nuts without sports.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
It’s so bad I’m looking forward to the nascar guys racing the eleague crap lol. It’s pretty crazy.

Thingading

Mar 26, 2020
Welcome. Gonna need to know your team.
Looks like Matrix filled you in. You're OSU, I take it?

It's gonna be lame for all of CFB if that 9/12 game in Eugene doesn't happen this year. It's looking like a Top 5 matchup. Oregon's D should be incredible this year. Looking like the type of team that could finally beat OSU, who has totally owned the Ducks. Will have to see how the O does though w/out Herbert and 4 O-lineman.

OSU looks to have reloaded and is ranked preseason #2 in a lot of polls. I would say the Buckeyes will be favored, and should be, but the Ducks finally have the horses to give them a game, I think. Should be a great game.

If the Ducks lose that one, should still be favored to W the rest. I would say a 2nd most likely L would be to USC or UW.

Last edited:

Thingading

Mar 26, 2020
Going against the Bucks in week 2 with that much turnover won't be easy, that's for sure.
For sure. New QB (probably Shough) is going to see an elite team in just his second start, and had better be ready. Also replacing a TE and #1 WR. So, that's 7 new starters on O, including the QB. If the D isn't as advertised and can't keep them in the game, it's not going to be pretty.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
draft will be fun
Broncos have the picks to take 5 out of the first 100 players...pretty slick for a team that needs to fill out the roster and a young building team with a potentially solid QB

need
OL
Secondary
LB
WR
and overall depth so best player available

12 picks overall

Broncos basically have a chance to sign 12 of 224 players...gonna be an intense training camp when they get a chance to go at it.

Fangio and Munchak get to pick their own guys and projects for their schemes...Elway has it set up to rebuild right now

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Mehki Becton - OT from Louisville likely going top 5. Dude is a freak.
yep a beast
He is as close to a lock as a great player as it gets.
hope broncos can grab him by trading up a few slots...dude fills out a uniform lol

As far as local talent here Herbert the Oregon QB is a real wild card...Huge QB with all the skills but lots of ????s...probably the fastest qb...maybe biggest arm...tough as nails...but mentally not convincing, he had lapses. Teams are scratching their head on him. Probably a very good pro...might take a couple years to settle down...talented enough to come out winning though if he goes to a decent squad.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
yep a beast
He is as close to a lock as a great player as it gets.
hope broncos can grab him by trading up a few slots...dude fills out a uniform lol

As far as local talent here Herbert the Oregon QB is a real wild card...Huge QB with all the skills but lots of ????s...probably the fastest qb...maybe biggest arm...tough as nails...but mentally not convincing, he had lapses. Teams are scratching their head on him. Probably a very good pro...might take a couple years to settle down...talented enough to come out winning though if he goes to a decent squad.
Herbert is definitely a pros & cons player. Be interesting to see who takes him.

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
draft will be fun
Broncos have the picks to take 5 out of the first 100 players...pretty slick for a team that needs to fill out the roster and a young building team with a potentially solid QB

need
OL
Secondary
LB
WR
and overall depth so best player available

12 picks overall

Broncos basically have a chance to sign 12 of 224 players...gonna be an intense training camp when they get a chance to go at it.

Fangio and Munchak get to pick their own guys and projects for their schemes...Elway has it set up to rebuild right now
How do you feel about the Broncos right now? I grew up watching Elway so I've always considered myself a Bronco's fan because Saint's fans annoy the shit out of me, gave up on them in 2001 and refused to jump back on the bandwagon when they started getting decent. I took a year off of fantasy football last season and subsequently barely watched any pro ball. I love Von Miller but I feel like Elway has made some bad coaching hires and is trying to stick to an old school approach that may not pay off.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How do you feel about the Broncos right now? I grew up watching Elway so I've always considered myself a Bronco's fan because Saint's fans annoy the shit out of me, gave up on them in 2001 and refused to jump back on the bandwagon when they started getting decent. I took a year off of fantasy football last season and subsequently barely watched any pro ball. I love Von Miller but I feel like Elway has made some bad coaching hires and is trying to stick to an old school approach that may not pay off.
still an old school approach
He whiffed with vance joseph and a couple drafts where he went for talent over character

last two drafts have been character over talent and that is working out well
and I think they have great coaches in place...Fangio is a top defensive mind and they have the best O line coach in the NFL in Munchak

they need more roster depth and to fill a few holes

Broncos have one of the youngest rosters in the league and appear to have a good QB now in Drew Lock

Grabbed some sick free agents this off season, last year he also grabbed great free agents but the top two never made the field due to injuries

If the free agents produce and get playing time along with the young stars continuing to grow they have a solid talented nucleus going on...pair that with 5 of the first 100 picks and you have a team on the rise in a major way

Only problem is they play the chiefs twice a year so winning the division is a tough task until mahomes gets paid and the chiefs roster takes a downgrade cause they can't pay everyone.

- bronco fan since 1984

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
well, Clemson certainly still plans have a season with fans as IPTAY is still charging for donations and season tickets
I hope college football can figure it out man. Fall without college (and even high school) football just wouldn't be the same. Getting up in the morning and putting something on the smoker, watching GameDay and prepping for noon games, etc. I need it.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I hope college football can figure it out man. Fall without college (and even high school) football just wouldn't be the same. Getting up in the morning and putting something on the smoker, watching GameDay and prepping for noon games, etc. I need it.
yeah, I don't really follow anything outside of CFB and the NFL so it will suck so much to not have it in the fall. plus, I have a baby due in the fall so i will be at home a lot. I'll need that football fix lol