General 2019 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Rolen? Edmonds? Holiday? Carpenter? Larry Fucking Walker? ;)

Cardinals have had plenty of great players during Molina's career. He's always had a great team around him. Not Big Red Machine great, but certainly not a group of guys that held him back.
Yadi Molina on a bad team equals a slightly better bad team. You can't carry a baseball team. Period. That's not how this shit works.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Not a fucking chance. Trout is not a winner. His teams barely make 500. He is better than Bryce but even with one of the highest payrolls he still cant win.

Guys like Molina lead their teams. Look at the pitchers Yadi makes better. Cards havent had a losing record since since 2007 and thats only time simce he has been a starter. He has won 2 World Series and been ther 4 times.

Trout has led his teams to 4 losing seasons since he has been in the league despite the team having one of the top payrolls every year.

I am sure you will take numbers over winning because losers like you dont know what winning is. Trout is going to end up as the Dan Marino of MLB.
Jorge Posada won 5 World Series. Is he more of a winner than Yadi Molina?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Rolen? Edmonds? Holiday? Carpenter? Larry Fucking Walker? ;)

Cardinals have had plenty of great players during Molina's career. He's always had a great team around him. Not Big Red Machine great, but certainly not a group of guys that held him back.
Seriously? How many of those guys were here for more than a couple of his years? Larry Walker was her for 1 year and you only named 1 pitcher. How great is Michael Wacha just because of 2011? Carp was on DL his first year with Cards, Yadi had nothing to do with his greatness at all. Look at the pitching staff now and put them on The Reds, how good would they have been?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Yadi Molina on a bad team equals a slightly better bad team. You can't carry a baseball team. Period. That's not how this shit works.
Not sure what you are talking about.

Molina's Cardinals finished in 1st place 8 times. They've had one losing season his entire career. Where did I ever say he played on bad teams?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Seriously? How many of those guys were here for more than a couple of his years? Larry Walker was her for 1 year and you only named 1 pitcher. How great is Michael Wacha just because of 2011? Carp was on DL his first year with Cards, Yadi had nothing to do with his greatness at all. Look at the pitching staff now and put them on The Reds, how good would they have been?
That's why I put a wink after Walker's name.

And the Carpenter I was talking about was Matt. Chris Carpenter is a whiny bitch.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
CC Sabathia got strikeout #3000 last night.

He's currently 17th all time. Some big names he'll likely pass before the season is over...Smoltz, Schilling, Gibson, Martinez.

But he still trails The Ryan Express by 2700 K's. Unbelievable.

Also:
Number of seasons Sabathia led the league in strikeouts: Zero.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Not sure what you are talking about.

Molina's Cardinals finished in 1st place 8 times. They've had one losing season his entire career. Where did I ever say he played on bad teams?
I should have clarified. I was agreeing with you. You were saying that he's always on good teams. I was adding that had he been on any bad teams, they would have been slightly better bad teams, because one "winner" on a team does not make a team win.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
CC Sabathia got strikeout #3000 last night.

He's currently 17th all time. Some big names he'll likely pass before the season is over...Smoltz, Schilling, Gibson, Martinez.

Also:
Number of seasons Sabathia led the league in strikeouts: Zero.
He's been a workhorse his whole career.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Hey Hauler @Hauler, that kid you guys got pitching is pretty darn good huh? Luis Castillo is gunna be a big name if he keeps pitchin like he's doing.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I also like that Glasnow kid for for the Rays, ATL's Soroka/Freid and "The sherrif" for SD, Paddack.

Last edited:

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
7 no hitters for Ryan 0 for CC too.. just sayin. People think CC is a lock for the hall. I haven't looked at his numbers in a while. But the way the hall is run these days, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hey Hauler @Hauler, that kid you guys got pitching is pretty darn good huh? Luis Castillo is gunna be a big name if he keeps pitchin like he's doing.
He is a beast. Crazy movement on his 98 mph fastball but his changeup is actually his out pitch. A couple batters just laughed at him when they went down swinging earlier this year. As if to say "Dude. That shit is nasty."

He throws easy gas too. Doesn't even look like he's throwing hard, which is probably why his change is so effective.

He's a good one. Hopefully the Reds can hold on to him.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
7 no hitters for Ryan 0 for CC too.. just sayin. People think CC is a lock for the hall. I haven't looked at his numbers in a while. But the way the hall is run these days, I wouldn't be surprised.
CC belongs in there. There's something to be said for consistency. His average season is 219 Ks. ERA of 3.69 and a WHIP of 1.253

19 year career.

Only 2 lefties have more K's than him. Randy Johnson and Steve Carlton.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It sounds like the Reds are calling up their top prospect Nick Senzel and starting him tonight. He was drafted as an infielder, but the Reds don't have an opening there. They played him at CF during spring training and in the few games he has played this season in the minors (He was injured at the end of spring training with a sprained ankle).

Contact hitter with decent power. He was the #2 overall pick in the 2016 draft. He doesn't have the fanfare of Vlad Jr, but he's a young stud that will hopefully be in the league for a long time.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It sounds like the Reds are calling up their top prospect Nick Senzel and starting him tonight. He was drafted as an infielder, but the Reds don't have an opening there. They played him at CF during spring training and in the few games he has played this season in the minors (He was injured at the end of spring training with a sprained ankle).

Contact hitter with decent power. He was the #2 overall pick in the 2016 draft. He doesn't have the fanfare of Vlad Jr, but he's a young stud that will hopefully be in the league for a long time.

Too bad he plays for the Reds and the best he can hope for is to be traded before he becomes a journeyman.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Too bad he plays for the Reds and the best he can hope for is to be traded before he becomes a journeyman.
Reds have pitching now. Setting themselves up to wreck house.

Senzel, Winker and Puig is one hell of an outfield. Once we get Puig some glasses.

Suarez, Votto and a middle of Dieterich, Peraza, Scooter and Iglesias?

You guys don't want any of that smoke.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Reds managed to blow an 8 run lead to the Giants last night which was a painful reminder of the 2012 playoffs when they took the first 2 games on the road only to lose 3 in a row at home.

2 things to note from last night's game:
  • Votto went 0 for 7. That's just fucking weird.
  • Derek Dietrich hit 2 more HRs, giving him 7 on the season. For a guy that doesn't start every game, he's been a pretty efficient hitter this year.
He has hit a HR in 10.9% of his ABs, which ranks him 3rd in the NL behind only Christian Yelich (13.7%) and Cody Bellinger (11.9%)

Dietrich's career HR per AB percentage is 3.4% - I'd anticipate a drift to the mean as the season wears on.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Reds managed to blow an 8 run lead to the Giants last night which was a painful reminder of the 2012 playoffs when they took the first 2 games on the road only to lose 3 in a row at home.

2 things to note from last night's game:
  • Votto went 0 for 7. That's just fucking weird.
  • Derek Dietrich hit 2 more HRs, giving him 7 on the season. For a guy that doesn't start every game, he's been a pretty efficient hitter this year.
He has hit a HR in 10.9% of his ABs, which ranks him 3rd in the NL behind only Christian Yelich (13.7%) and Cody Bellinger (11.9%)

Dietrich's career HR per AB percentage is 3.4% - I'd anticipate a drift to the mean as the season wears on.
Where are we with the Red Sox vs the reds standings????