General 2019 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Verlander. Wah!!! The ball is juiced. Wah!!!

I hope Yelich goes yard here.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Keep throwing nothing but fastballs Verlander. Freddie Freeman will crush one.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That was pretty cool. They had Freddie Freeman mic'd up during his AB.

Curve catches the bottom of the plate.

Freddie to the booth "Was that a strike guys?"
Booth "Yeah it was"
Freddie "Dang. Here comes the high hard one"
Verlander tossed a curve that Freddie let go by for a ball.
Freddie: "Man. I really thought he was going heater."

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Arenado spits in his glove just like I do. No wonder he's so good.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
One of our platoon catchers got 2 big homeruns last night. Mitch Garver has been a beast this season (When he plays). Remember earlier this season when the Twins crushed Jacob DeGrom's invincibility status? It was Mitch Garver that lead the charge that night. 181AB this season 19HR. He (probably) would have more if he didn't get hurt by a Shohei Otani slide at home plate one nite. It was nowhere near that bullshit collision Jake Mariznik pulled but I still dislike Ohtani now lol.

Totally hypothetical here but, if Garver ended up with 543 at bats this year, he'd be on pace for 57 homeruns. Stud catcher but just cringy nickname: "Garve Sauce" wtf

God damn Indians need to fucking slow down already. Twins don't have the big comfy lead they once had anymore. It'll be a tight race. I bet those fuckers are breathing down own necks the whole way, if not passing us..

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Now this was 20 minutes of baseball worth watching.

View: https://youtu.be/UnVE67Ea9sk
Ol' Joc wore him out so bad Alonso won the crown. When I heard Vlady was even in the AS Game, I was like wtf really? I admit, I haven't been following his stats or the kind of impact he's having. But I thought he was having a really slow start considering the hype he was getting. The voting is just a popularity contest anyways, what was I thinking? Max Kepler not getting to go was an injustice..

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Stud catcher but just cringy nickname: "Garve Sauce" wtf
Sounds like something the Yankees play-by-play announcer would come up with.

"Fancier than Hugo Boss!
He's like Joey! Not Chandler or Ross
That ball won't be found! It's LOST
Way over the wall by....Garve.........Sauce"

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ol' Joc wore him out so bad Alonso won the crown. When I heard Vlady was even in the AS Game, I was like wtf really? I admit, I haven't been following his stats or the kind of impact he's having. But I thought he was having a really slow start considering the hype he was getting. The voting is just a popularity contest anyways, what was I thinking? Max Kepler not getting to go was an injustice..
Vlad wasn't a member of the All Star team. He was just invited for the Derby.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Watching highlights from yesterday. I'm not really too familiar with historical homers at Fenway. I thought it was hard enough to hit it over the monster. Betts hit one over the damn light tower on top of the monster. Crazy.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I use Dish network and live out in the boonies. I got home from work yesterday and went to turn the ballgame on. Dish Network has apparently got into a dispute with Fox Sports North. They claim FSN wants too much money. Right in the middle of the fucking season they do this shit...wow. I pay about 150 a month and it aint worth it. Greedy cock suckers are fuckin with my ability to watch the Twins..

I'm going to have to stream and that's not what I want. Maybe DirecTV has it.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I use Dish network and live out in the boonies. I got home from work yesterday and went to turn the ballgame on. Dish Network has apparently got into a dispute with Fox Sports North. They claim FSN wants too much money. Right in the middle of the fucking season they do this shit...wow. I pay about 150 a month and it aint worth it. Greedy cock suckers are fuckin with my ability to watch the Twins..

I'm going to have to stream and that's not what I want. Maybe DirecTV has it.
You should be able to stream through MLB.TV for away games. For home games you might be fucked though due to the blackout rules.

The FCC needs to get some balls and eliminate the blackout rules. A single company shouldn't be able to hold programming hostage. Hopefully Fox Sports (who is now owned by Disney) and the providers (Dish, DTV) continue to do this type of shit so enough people complain to the FCC and something is done to keep it from happening.

FYI - DirecTV has a deal in place with Fox Sports so they are carrying your Twins games.

You can always cancel your Dish and get DTV. If enough people do that, Dish might be more motivated to get a deal in place. That doesn't mean DTV won't pull the same shit when their contract with Fox Sports comes due.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The July 31 trade deadline is coming up and this year it's actually the ONLY trade deadline.

In previous years, the trade deadline would come and go, and then 3 weeks later you'd hear about a trade. It was always confusing and had something to do with waivers and non-waivers. Baseball roster rules are very complex.

But this year, July 31 is it. Shit will likely get very interesting.

As for my Reds - I'm anticipating Yasiel Puig being dealt. Maybe Pitcher Tanner Roark. And possibly their closer Raisel Iglesias.

I'd be fine with all of those moves. While Puig has been awesome and is a blast to watch play, he signed a 1 year deal with the Reds. I doubt they'll lock him up for a long term deal after this season so they might as well get what they can for him - even if it's only a minor league prospect. Same goes for Roark. He's a free agent after this year. Get what you can if you don't plan on signing him.

As for Iglesias - I'm of the mindset that you don't really need a closer if you aren't a winning team. And he's been a bit of head case anyway - bitching about coming in when it's a tie game. He needs to shut the fuck up and do his job. I don't know that they'll get may offers for him - Dude has a 4.5 ERA, which for a closer is fucking awful. He was lights out a year ago though so who knows. The Reds control Iglesias through 2021.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The July 31 trade deadline is coming up and this year it's actually the ONLY trade deadline.

In previous years, the trade deadline would come and go, and then 3 weeks later you'd hear about a trade. It was always confusing and had something to do with waivers and non-waivers. Baseball roster rules are very complex.

But this year, July 31 is it. Shit will likely get very interesting.

As for my Reds - I'm anticipating Yasiel Puig being dealt. Maybe Pitcher Tanner Roark. And possibly their closer Raisel Iglesias.

I'd be fine with all of those moves. While Puig has been awesome and is a blast to watch play, he signed a 1 year deal with the Reds. I doubt they'll lock him up for a long term deal after this season so they might as well get what they can for him - even if it's only a minor league prospect. Same goes for Roark. He's a free agent after this year. Get what you can if you don't plan on signing him.

As for Iglesias - I'm of the mindset that you don't really need a closer if you aren't a winning team. And he's been a bit of head case anyway - bitching about coming in when it's a tie game. He needs to shut the fuck up and do his job. I don't know that they'll get may offers for him - Dude has a 4.5 ERA, which for a closer is fucking awful. He was lights out a year ago though so who knows. The Reds control Iglesias through 2021.
Puig is gone and Bauer is now headed to Cincinnati which is weird as fuck.

Also... Madness!!!

View: https://twitter.com/Jared_Carrabis/status/1156393126241718273?s=20

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Puig is gone and Bauer is now headed to Cincinnati which is weird as fuck.

Also... Madness!!!

View: https://twitter.com/Jared_Carrabis/status/1156393126241718273?s=20
I knew they were going to move Puig, but I'm a little puzzled in getting Bauer. Reds only control him through next season where they will be in the same situation as they were just in with Puig.

They'll have a great rotation next year, that's for sure.

And that was a great fight. Love Amir Garrett. Pirates have been pulling this shit all year. I'm glad the Reds went after their dirty asses.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Pulling what?
Constantly throwing at players when they feel like they've had their feelings hurt. Or they'll throw behind players. Or way over their heads. They've been doing it for the last few seasons. They're also a bunch of chirpy little cunts.

Most of the issue is with their pitchers throwing towards the face when they want to make their point. That's really shitty.

This shit started when Dietrich came up to bat in the 7th and they tossed one over his head. Dietrich has been hitting HRs off them all year, and that pitch at the face was for something he did a couple months ago. So the Reds pitcher tosses one into the butt of the next batter as payback - and he gets ejected.

That's where the frustration comes from. PIT has been doing this shit all year long. Throwing at people's heads. And nothing happens. It's the retaliation that gets punished even when it's done the right way and they throw it at their butt. But what are you supposed to do? Nothing? Frustration boils over and you get fights like this.

Garrett going after that dude was likely from them chirping from the dugout. Did I mention they were a bunch of cunts?

Should be an interesting game today. They play at 12:30

M

member 3289

Constantly throwing at players when they feel like they've had their feelings hurt. Or they'll throw behind players. Or way over their heads. They've been doing it for the last few seasons. They're also a bunch of chirpy little cunts.

Most of the issue is with their pitchers throwing towards the face when they want to make their point. That's really shitty.

This shit started when Dietrich came up to bat in the 7th and they tossed one over his head. Dietrich has been hitting HRs off them all year, and that pitch at the face was for something he did a couple months ago. So the Reds pitcher tosses one into the butt of the next batter as payback - and he gets ejected.

That's where the frustration comes from. PIT has been doing this shit all year long. Throwing at people's heads. And nothing happens. It's the retaliation that gets punished even when it's done the right way and they throw it at their butt. But what are you supposed to do? Nothing? Frustration boils over and you get fights like this.

Garrett going after that dude was likely from them chirping from the dugout. Did I mention they were a bunch of cunts?

Should be an interesting game today. They play at 12:30
Is the Cincinnati-Pittsburgh rivalry an added part of it, or does that exist only in football?